ADVERTISEMENT

Yellowstone

Waited all year for that? What a disappointment. Hopefully, it picks up as usual because that was a 2 hour letdown.

But yeah…Montana is all that.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I just can not take Kelly Reilly seriously.. after seeing her dog shit acting in True Detective Season 2, I can't stomach her in anything else.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
She over acts in every scene she’s in.

Still huh? Who the hell is she ****ing in Hollywood?

IDC how good Yellowstone may be, I don't think I could get past her face and acting, especially because it seems (and correct me if Im wrong), she sort of plays a "tough" lady, who smokes cigs and drinks bourbon, and that just makes me laugh.

It really is remarkable how bad she was in TD2. Cringe worthy.

Reactions: jlynn323
I'm over the whole Beth/Jamie fued and Beth's character in general. How many times do we need to see her berate a random dude in a bar to understand that she's a badass. We get it.

I love Kaycee but his wife is an awful character. He said he had an ambulance on the way and she still chose to drive at night with her son in the car while she's in labor? Ridiculous. I wish they'd give Kaycee something else to do other than deal with Monica's constant traumas.

That said, I do love the show. I just have a lot of nitpicks with the writing.

Also, can they squeeze any more product placements in please? I don't think there's enough.

I'm over the whole Beth/Jamie fued and Beth's character in general. How many times do we need to see her berate a random dude in a bar to understand that she's a badass. We get it.

I love Kaycee but his wife is an awful character. He said he had an ambulance on the way and she still chose to drive at night with her son in the car while she's in labor? Ridiculous. I wish they'd give Kaycee something else to do other than deal with Monica's constant traumas.

That said, I do love the show. I just have a lot of nitpicks with the writing.

Also, can they squeeze any more product placements in please? I don't think there's enough.
I thought Kaycees wife was going to be killed off when the accident happened. I agree 100% on Beth. We get it she’s damaged and full of hate and self loathing but damn she’s awful to everyone. Almost makes you root for Jamie.

IDC how good Yellowstone may be, I don't think I could get past her face and acting, especially because it seems (and correct me if Im wrong), she sort of plays a "tough" lady, who smokes cigs and drinks bourbon, and that just makes me laugh.

You would hate her in this.

I thought Kaycees wife was going to be killed off when the accident happened. I agree 100% on Beth. We get it she’s damaged and full of hate and self loathing but damn she’s awful to everyone. Almost makes you root for Jamie.
I think I am rooting for Jamie at this point. He's a wuss, but he's been shit on by everyone but Kaycee for so long that I'm now pulling for the underdog.

Also they just introduced a new Beth with the new Market Equities lady. And they brought back the Beth from the reservation. They're all basically the same character. I think Sheridan has trouble writing good female characters.

And yes, I thought they were going to kill off his wife and son too. That would have been a good twist.

What a show. Costner at his best. Montana is beautiful.
Alright, I read your post and I'm not going any further because the wife and I haven't watched yet. But we love the series. We'll dive into it tomorrow most likely. We need to get this Basketball thing out of the way tonight. [laughing]

Reactions: Ed323232
The Young and the Restless in the evenings.
The futile attempt at making roping cows and country music exciting is laughable.
Poor acting....everyone but KC.

The first three seasons were fantastic. Started going downhill about midway through Season 4, and if last night was any indication, Season 5 will be disappointing as well. Taylor Sheridan just has way too much on his plate now, compared to when this show first started. I think that’s the biggest issue. As for Beth, I hope she dies in the cruelest, most painfully suffering way possible at some point. Hopefully at the hands of Jamie.

The first three seasons were fantastic. Started going downhill about midway through Season 4, and if last night was any indication, Season 5 will be disappointing as well. Taylor Sheridan just has way too much on his plate now, compared to when this show first started. I think that’s the biggest issue. As for Beth, I hope she dies in the cruelest, most painfully suffering way possible at some point. Hopefully at the hands of Jamie.
Last season it almost jumped the shark with the protester/activist angle. And I agree Beth is just terrible.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
2 episodes in, and I've completely lost interest in finishing the series. Complete garbage. The Dutton family drama, always the worst part of the show, looks to be all that is left.

Reactions: jlynn323
Also, Tyler Sheridan looks like he wants to crank out more shows/movies than Tyler Perry.
Talk about "brand saturation"
I watched the first episode of Tulsa King (which actually looked like it could have some promise)

Also, Tyler Sheridan looks like he wants to crank out more shows/movies than Tyler Perry.
I watched the first episode of Tulsa King (which actually looked like it could have some promise)
They have played up the end of The Walking Dead for 2 years but they have like 3 or 4 spinoff shows carrying on the story so is it really an end or just the lead in to all those other shows?

I really wasn't that impressed with those first 2 episodes.

Looks like the main reason for Yellowstone to continue to exist is to pump out spin offs. 1883 was incredible and 10x, at least, the better show.

By the end of last season, I was hoping Rip would drive her to the train station.

Looks like the main reason for Yellowstone to continue to exist is to pump out spin offs. 1883 was incredible and 10x, at least, the better show.

Better story and better actors.

RE: Beth. She's just a drunk hiding behind Rip and her daddy's name. She'd be buried in a ditch if she had to fend for herself. Hopefully it's leading to her being on the island and eventually killed off.

Who bothered watching true detective season 2?

Have loved the show but it needs to be shaken up this season. First two eps foreshadowed what seems to be similar plots for some of these characters we’ve seen before….Monica victim again, Jamie being lured to betray the fam again etc.

Reactions: JDHoss
Have loved the show but it needs to be shaken up this season. First two eps foreshadowed what seems to be similar plots for some of these characters we’ve seen before….Monica victim again, Jamie being lured to betray the fam again etc.
Yeah. Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Very disappointing.

WTH happened to the kid that plays Carter? His looks totally changed in 1 year.

Finn-Little-Yellowstone-2.jpg

Starting to remind me of The Walking Dead. Running out of ideas and goofy writing. Lets keep it going for dollars.

Last season the activist angle brought nothing to the show.

Now Monica just randomly gets a call from Kayce and he tells her an ambulance is on the way but she takes off driving anyway? Then gets in a wreck and loses the baby.

Shooting wolves that have Facebook pages? An entire pack of them? You know these wolves exist at the National park, but you shoot anyway and don't find out until you walk up on them?

Stupid and lazy writing.

I agree, Sheridan has too much on his plate right now.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
If you don’t enjoy these two things why would you even start watching a show about a ranch in Montana? That’s basically being against guns and violence but watching John Wick over and over then complaining about it.
The show could have been about a bunny ranch in Montana and I so enjoy **ssy.
I never said that I didn't enjoy those things. The attempts sensationalizing roping cattle and country music were poor, imo.
What makes even less sense is you...seemingly frustrated about my opinion of the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguemocha
The show could have been about a bunny ranch in Montana and I so enjoy **ssy.
I never said that I didn't enjoy those things. The attempts sensationalizing roping cattle and country music were poor, imo.
What makes even less sense is you...seemingly frustrated about my opinion of the show.
Not frustrated at all was just curious why if you didn’t like those things you would want to watch it. I think a LOT of people disagree as it’s like one of the most popular shows on tv. People have always loved cowboys, there are entire genres dedicated to it in entertainment, we grew up playing cowboys and Indians, etc.

Not frustrated at all was just curious why if you didn’t like those things you would want to watch it. I think a LOT of people disagree as it’s like one of the most popular shows on tv. People have always loved cowboys, there are entire genres dedicated to it in entertainment, we grew up playing cowboys and Indians, etc.
And I was merely being curious, in my reason for watching the show. Reading these comments here about the show, popularity seems up for debate.
A lot of people may disagree, then again alot of people may agree with my opinion.

Reactions: roguemocha
And I was merely being curious, in my reason for watching the show. Reading these comments here about the show, popularity seems up for debate.
A lot of people may disagree, then again alot of people may agree with my opinion.
On Paramount Network alone, the show drew 8.8 million viewers compared to 8 million viewers for last year's premiere, or a 10% increase. Across all four networks, it pulled in 10.3 million viewers compared to 9.5 million last year, or an 8% increase.

Just fyi, that’s almost 2 million more than watched the highest college fball game of the year Alabama and Ol Miss.

I’d say it’s pretty popular if it pulls better numbers than college fball that most all of America loves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT