• 1_4247219.png

ToledoStatus: N/A
    Offer:
  • 1_48458.gif

West VirginiaStatus: N/A
    Offer:
  • 1_48279.gif

Wisconsin

That's a hell of an offer sheet. Nice get once again by VDiddy. He's money on the recruiting trail! Anyone know what position we were recruiting him for?

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Highlight video for this young man is impressive. Looks like he could play multiple positions without much difficulty. Great pick up for the Cats.

BBN

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Highlight video for this young man is impressive. Looks like he could play multiple positions without much difficulty. Great pick up for the Cats.

BBN

He will be another stud DB here! The defensive backfield recruiting has been great under Stoops. Now if we can shore up the DL recruiting we'll be set.

Last edited:
There's a lot of young talent on this team now, just anxious to pull all the parts and pieces together. I've been following that Cats since the early eighties and cannot remember this kind of talent coming to Lexington. Very exciting.

Reactions: howercat
A four star with those kinds of offers, even the trolls are having a hard time with this one.

Congrats on choosing a great school AND a rising program, young man, and congrats to our coaching staff also.

This class could be incredible

It is well on its way. With this commit UK regained top ten status, #9, (still too early to get that excited) and if Wills committed now (not a done deal yet) we would jump to 4th in the nation (based on 150 points for his 6.1 rating and 100 points for his class standing, maybe more than 100?) and gain even more momentum.

Wins are incredibly important this year.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
fantastic nabbing this one. yeah we've got to got to got to get 6 or more wins this season, by hook or crook.

Stoops/Marrow are simply amazing recruiting at their respective positions. This has never been done at UK over a span of multiple years.

- Assuming Ajain sticks as a DB, we're looking at Edwards, West, Baity, Westry currently...backed up with DeVonte Robinson, Gilliam, Ajain, etc..simply looks stocked for years to come at DB.
- I feel pretty good at OLB for the future. We have to have a better pass rush off edge. Josh Allen has a good burst off edge and just needs size. Ware should improve and be the main OLB for years to come. Alex King is probably my favorite 2017 recruit so far and I'm banking he lands at OLB.
- LBers...we've got tons of them. Eli Brown, Jordan Jones, Love for 2 more years, It feels like we have talent inside.

It just comes down to DL for me. Can we get enough big boys to keep us competitive on the trenches? Can we hold onto to Hudson? Other than that..we're looking very set on D-side of the ball.

It looks like UK's strategy will be to trust the DBs and put an extra man in the box to stuff the run. Now if we can add some more edge rushers to limit any time a QB has...That could be what turns the corner for UK.

Great pickup by UK. Stoops and Marrow are going to be fighting other coaching staffs until signing day to keep this outstanding young man in the fold. This class is a home run so far.

Stoops/Marrow are simply amazing recruiting at their respective positions. This has never been done at UK over a span of multiple years.

- Assuming Ajain sticks as a DB, we're looking at Edwards, West, Baity, Westry currently...backed up with DeVonte Robinson, Gilliam, Ajain, etc..simply looks stocked for years to come at DB.
- I feel pretty good at OLB for the future. We have to have a better pass rush off edge. Josh Allen has a good burst off edge and just needs size. Ware should improve and be the main OLB for years to come. Alex King is probably my favorite 2017 recruit so far and I'm banking he lands at OLB.
- LBers...we've got tons of them. Eli Brown, Jordan Jones, Love for 2 more years, It feels like we have talent inside.

It just comes down to DL for me. Can we get enough big boys to keep us competitive on the trenches? Can we hold onto to Hudson? Other than that..we're looking very set on D-side of the ball.
I agree. Defensive line is the key now. If they could sign some studs on the dline, I really like how this roster is stacking up over the next few years.

You left out Brian Cole Marcus Walker and last year's highest rated dB Jordan Griffin.

Reactions: RV2
I agree. Defensive line is the key now. If they could sign some studs on the dline, I really like how this roster is stacking up over the next few years.

Assuming he has continued improvement during JUCO and based on his explosiveness coming out of HS last year, I would love to see them add Javon Provitt from JUCO. Plus that would give some balance b/t classes on the DL, too

Yeah, I'd agree with this. This may be the most secondary talent I can remember at UK. Don't forget Bonner and Bannerman at OLB too.

Still need interior DL. Hopefully Provitt makes it but they may need JUCOs to bolster Looney and Cross.

Assuming he has continued improvement during JUCO and based on his explosiveness coming out of HS last year, I would love to see them add Javon Provitt from JUCO. Plus that would give some balance b/t classes on the DL, too
Someone from UK was at Lackawanna earlier this week.

he had Offers from

I judge off offer sheets, not stars. HUGE HUGE HUGE get, if Mich, ND and Mich St wanted him that badly. That is going head to head with some of the baddest boys on the block and winning. The days of beating out Akron and SW Missouri St are long gone.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Also Mac Jones steady rise in the rankings and some people commenting he could be knocking on high 4 star or even 5 star status. If he does achieve the 5 star ranking and we get wills as well we would be sitting really nice in the rankings.
Not to mention some of our guys being underranked.

Also Mac Jones steady rise in the rankings and some people commenting he could be knocking on high 4 star or even 5 star status. If he does achieve the 5 star ranking and we get wills as well we would be sitting really nice in the rankings.
Not to mention some of our guys being underranked.
Here are my expectations for each of commits in the final evaluation.
Dotson 5.7
Ajian 5.9
Bohanna 5.7
Davis 5.6
Yeast 5.8
Jones 6.0
Richardson 5.9
Hudson 5.9
Warren 5.8
Koback 5.8
King 5.8
Wood 5.7
And that's what they should be but maybe not. Idk just my personal opinion

For how picky we're allegedly being, the Jamin Davis thing still doesn't make sense to me. I'll go ahead and say I trust stoops evaluation before someone says it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT