ADVERTISEMENT

Pope's Assistants

Man this guy is a goofy Mormon whos relatively green in the tooth as a coach. This could be a disaster.

Like whats is the best outcome here? Not like this guys bringing in rick for the bench. Who could he possibly bring in? Then think about the worst. Feels very low floor low ceiling.

What about that Brandin Knight guy at Rutgers? Lead recruiter for Rutgers and they have the 3rd ranked recruiting class at a school with no basketball success historically. Especially if all boosters are back on board with NIL, he could be a game-changer. I would try like hell to retain Ulis. Have a young guy on the team that knows basketball and good for player-relations. I am confident Pope will assemble a staff with basketball minds that know the game. Obviously no one wants to be a one and done NBA factory anymore but an ace recruiter that has connections is my biggest concern to find.

Robic could be the defensive guy, possibly. Would need an ace recruiter. Orlando, maybe? I hate to keep too many of Cal's guys but at the same time, it could help keep the roster together.
another reason for to cuss Cal. If he stepped aside and stayed as the ambassador role he could’ve helped Pope recruit. But no. Dude had to be stupid and try to bluff UK.

Man this guy is a goofy Mormon whos relatively green in the tooth as a coach. This could be a disaster.

Like whats is the best outcome here? Not like this guys bringing in rick for the bench. Who could he possibly bring in? Then think about the worst. Feels very low floor low ceiling.

Unnecessary post. Be pissed at Barnhart if you wish but uncalled for to attack Pope like this. It’s done so either get behind him or move on.

Do you know that the guys who is the mastermind of the Chiefs is a goofy Mormon as well?

I'd imagine he already has his crew.
3032024-inline-i-1-south-park-meets-mormon.webp

Do you know that the guys who is the mastermind of the Chiefs is a goofy Mormon as well?
Yea but that is professional sports no coaches are setting hard rules that help develop their lives. In college with young men youre a tad more involved and im just saying if hes going the no smoking no drinking route thats going to turn off a lot of kids

Reactions: EliteBlue
Rondo as a grad assistant for sure (needs to complete classes first)

If you stay in the UK line get Pelphrey, he was a good recruiter at Florida and Arkansas, may still be able to, not sure.

After that you have to land a star recruiter. Write a big check for Knight at Rutgers or someone similar.

He needs to definitely hire some seasoned assistants to fill his staff here at UK. Hopefully that still leaves some good money for NIL…

Reactions: ganner918
Pope is one of us and was a Captain of that 1996 team! He is a smart dude so let’s get behind him and let him put staff together and recruit!! 🤷‍♂️
Totally agree. He loves everything about UK and will represent UK well. He is not the flashy car sales man guy but he will actually have an offense. Just give him time. He will do good this for program.

I would love for him to reach out to Ulis, since a student at UK, asking him to be the same role at UK as last year, to provide some continuity/familiarity to the returning players, targeting him as a full-time assistant once he gets his degree.

Not saying I want any of them, but I am curious to see which of Cal's lackeys go to Arkansas and who stays behind.

So far I don't think he's taken anyone yet. I'm sure he will. But it's kind of telling that he left almost a week ago, and while we have had plenty of players transfer or decommit.. none have followed him yet.

Reactions: JPFisher

Been a head coach in Division 1 for 10 years so he is not “green.” Could be a great hire as well as a disaster. Will you give him a chance?

Are people seriously suggesting Antigua and Ulis? You REALLY think those guys will stay and coach for this regime, when their guy (Cal) absolutely despises them?
Will Cal take every assistant with him? I think he may take about half. Let’s see how it plays out. Could be opportunity knocking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT