ADVERTISEMENT

Wynyard was solid today

Very solid. Plays hard. Hustles. We may need him vs A&M. Jumping much better. Unselfish.

Last edited:
Reactions: drbubba
I hope he continues to improve and has a decent year. Besides helping us this year, he could be a bright spot for our front court next year but he needs to continue to progress this year.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Wynyard wont be a star but if he can be like harrelson as a strong garbage bucket guy who puts a butt on somebody when a ball goes up and is willing to bang with the opponents bigger stronger players, Ill be happy.

Tai is a great bench player. For a current 9th man, he is more than you could ask for at that rank tbh. 4 points and 6 rebounds is great. Against certain players like Tyler Davis, he could be more like a backup Center option at like a 7th man role.

He could give you more of an inside presence than humphries and that's nice to have in a pinch.

Thought he played well. Plays strong, hustles, boards. Nice touch on free throws. Could see him getting some important playing time especially against physical big men.

He's only a sophomore, so he’ll give UK two more solid years after this year is over.

I’m as interested in seeing which players UK retains as I am in the players they end up signing. UK needs about half of these kids to return. Hopefully, Tai stays with it and finishes his career at UK.

Been watching for something about Tai on here. I thought he did a great job yesterday backing up Richards. Given the chance, his confidence level will rise and his play also. I like this kid and his effort.

Good job by Wynyard Saturday. Not to put a negative spin on it, but could this be an indication that we might not see Vanderbilt this year?

One thing about Tai is that when the ball goes up he puts a body on you, at 6 foot 10 and 260 pounds not many people are going to push him around and he is aggressive in blocking out. He hustles and does what he's asked to do, we need his physicality.

Reactions: crestcat
Good job by Wynyard Saturday. Not to put a negative spin on it, but could this be an indication that we might not see Vanderbilt this year?

Had literally zero to do with Vanderbilt. Tai played because SKJ was out.

He has a very bad habit of putting both hands on the man he's defending. Automatic whistle every single time.

I didn't see him do that very much Saturday. Richards does it all the time. I think Wynyard is our best post defender right now and probably our best screener. I think Wynyards progression will allow SKJ to play more at the 4 behind Washington and allow Gabriel to back up Knox more at the 3. Cal has stated he's concerned about the amount of time Knox is getting because he doesn't have a consistent back up.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Reminds me of Jorts. And that's a good thing.

I don't see it. Jorts, although very raw early, was much more nimble, athletic and had a nice touch.

Cal got every ounce of talent out of Jorts while he was here. Him and Liggins, to me, are Cal's biggest accomplishments as far as player development goes.

Coincidentally, two of my favorite players ever with Liggins being in my top 5. That's who I was hoping Matthews would be.

I didn't see him do that very much Saturday. Richards does it all the time. I think Wynyard is our best post defender right now and probably our best screener. I think Wynyards progression will allow SKJ to play more at the 4 behind Washington and allow Gabriel to back up Knox more at the 3. Cal has stated he's concerned about the amount of time Knox is getting because he doesn't have a consistent back up.
He gets called for boughs fouls every time he is in the game

Reactions: spotter34
All ways had faith he was going yo B sokud by his Jr and senior year he will be a manchild in paint. Kids strong and just solid fundamentally. I think he can have a Jorts type impact maybe starting next year. With Cal as his coach and all the talent he plays against can't do nothing but help. I always liked him better then Humpries myself.

Reactions: KYCAT78
I’m glad he is getting some playing time, hope he can become as good as Jorts was, I just hope he sticks around and not go back home and play, it seems as soon as they start to get playing time and show what they can do, boom off to the league or home, the Aussie guys I mean ;) ;) ;) .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT