ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs Kansas

Yeah, it was a foul.
On that play, it was a good call. I looked at it a few times. The ball hit his arm. It wasn't even a block really. The ball went loose after hitting the arm or elbow and Azubuike never made body contact at all to me.

Long time reader, first time poster. John Higgins is easily on the Mt. Rushmore of awful officials. Next three are tough but I gotta go Doug Sirmons, Luckie and Pat Adams in some order. Kip Kissinger making a strong push to dethrone someone.

On that play, it was a good call. I looked at it a few times. The ball hit his arm. It wasn't even a block really. The ball went loose after hitting the arm or elbow and Azubuike never made body contact at all to me.

Graham or Vick I believe literally pushed him with both hands when he went up.

Wasnt it 3 free throws for WVU? The screen said 2 free throws while the WVU player was about to attempt that FT in the last minute or so...... then bricked the 1 and 1 . So wouldnt that of made it 3?

What was interesting to me is after that play, Higgins wasted no time at all blowing the whistle when Carter was guarding Graham after the Carter 3. It wasn't a scoring play on the WV baseline but the roles were reversed as KU was on offense.

Now you understand how Kansas gets a high seed ever stinking year but seldomly deserves it. After the 1st round which is a gimme, Self has about a .500 winning pct in the tournament. The Jackhawks suck.

It is weird that they've been making it to the Elite Eight lately.

I would guess this is one of those years where they either lose in the 2nd round or make it a bit further, only to lose in the Elite Eight.

In the last 5 years Self is 5-5 after the 1st game in the tourney. Losses in the 2nd round to Wich St & Stanford as heavy favorites proved his incredible coaching ability. In reaching the Elite 8 the last 2 years, Self has beaten all odds after ref-aided big 12 championships, with whopper wins against 2 9 seeds, a 5 seed, & a 4 seed. But when they played top 10 teams, they got spanked.

Whew as a official of twenty five years that was hard to watch , I can’t believe huggy didn’t get tossed earlier .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT