ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is the deal with Leary and tipped passes?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
At least two already today and had at least one last week. He's not short so why so many tipped passes?

The release and wind that he had in his motion is probably a little of it. He scoops sometimes big time.

I wonder if his arm slot has changed any from pre Pec injury to post pec reattachment. May have a lower torquing motion now but who knows.

He sees the field well tho and looked better today than game 1

Reactions: gamecockcat
I quit reading the "game thread". "Leary sucks", "we suck" etc. Leary, Coen and the receivers have played 2 whole games together in their lives for f's sake.
Most of those in the game thread are here til basketball starts, game thread will be better in October

Reactions: BlueCephus
I quit reading the "game thread". "Leary sucks", "we suck" etc. Leary, Coen and the receivers have played 2 whole games together in their lives for f's sake.
Thank you, BlueCephus! According to the game thread: Stoops, Coen, White, Leary, Davis, Key, B. Brown, the whole O-line but Burton and Yenser specifically, the whole D-line, well, the whole defense for that matter except Wallace, and many many more are just plain awful.

The anger is as if they are offended that these guys are allowed to coach and play for KY.

There is a lot to be concerned about and we need improvement, but the hostility and the sky-has-fallen mentality is so excessive.

Thank you, BlueCephus! According to the game thread: Stoops, Coen, White, Leary, Davis, Key, B. Brown, the whole O-line but Burton and Yenser specifically, the whole D-line, well, the whole defense for that matter except Wallace, and many many more are just plain awful.

The anger is as if they are offended that these guys are allowed to coach and play for KY.

There is a lot to be concerned about and we need improvement, but the hostility and the sky-has-fallen mentality is so excessive.

I had enough when I saw somebody say for Stoops to leave and take Coen with him. We are so lucky to have Coen come back.

Reactions: ColoradoBleedBlue
2nd half for Leary:
10/13
198 yds
3 td
69.2% passing success rate
8 straight completions to end the game

Of course, he needs to start stronger and play a consistent 4 quarters, but hasn't played since last October and only second game with he new team with two very talented but true soph receivers and a true freshman. Maybe that is why we schedule early games like this? Maybe to work out the kinks before SEC play starts?

Leary does not suck. Coen does not suck either!

2nd half for Leary:
10/13
198 yds
3 td
69.2% passing success rate
8 straight completions to end the game

Of course, he needs to start stronger and play a consistent 4 quarters, but hasn't played since last October and only second game with he new team with two very talented but true soph receivers and a true freshman. Maybe that is why we schedule early games like this? Maybe to work out the kinks before SEC play starts?

Leary does not suck. Coen does not suck either!
Coen doesn't suck for sure; we just need to never play that freaking slow ever again. I don't think Leary performs well in that tempo.

Coen doesn't suck for sure; we just need to never play that freaking slow ever again. I don't think Leary performs well in that tempo.
Never gonna happen. It's what stoops wants. It's been that way every single year since he's been here, us fans are just going to have to accept that's the way we're going to play. Disregard all off season talk about speeding up and such as we can clearly see that when push comes to shove we aren't going to push the gas pedal down.

Never gonna happen. It's what stoops wants. It's been that way every single year since he's been here, us fans are just going to have to accept that's the way we're going to play. Disregard all off season talk about speeding up and such as we can clearly see that when push comes to shove we aren't going to push the gas pedal down.
Frustrating. Everyone sees it when we play up tempo we play better. Same goes for the other major ball program. Yet we have coaches in both sports that love the rock fight.

Leary 4 tds 300 yards. Ok by me. Joe Burrow gets some passes batted down as well which is frustrating? Like watching both play.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoBleedBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT