ADVERTISEMENT

Wow noah gunslinger from harlan

He doesn’t fit the mold of the inner city kids from NY Cal likes. He might not be a first round draft pick. Instead he might be. 4 year player who loves UK and would make an impact.
What are you talking about? Have we ever recruited a NYC player since Cal has been here? I can name plenty of Kentucky kids Cal has recruited though.

A guy who could do it all.

And then he came to UK and was very meh except for the 3pt% his senior year. At Tollesboro he was Michael Jordan and Curry.
I was playing pickup ball with him while he was at Kentucky. He just couldn’t deal with the stage.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He’s not a post guy, would be the perfect 3 man with his size and athleticism. He can shoot lights out and has handles, think of a 6’7 version of Reed. His basketball IQ is stellar & makes everyone else around him better, hard to believe we let a talent like this leave the state.
Cal doesn’t want Kentucky kids who fans will want to play.

It wouldn't be the first time a kid blew up at the Sweet 16 and got a late offer from UK. That is basically why the fans demanded that Eddie Sutton take Richie Farmer. But Farmer had blown up at the Sweet 16 for about 3 years in a row by then.

I just hope Harlan County takes out this shady Evangel Christian school. They have 37 total students and appear to basically be a basketball academy. It isn't fair to public schools to have to compete with that.

Go Harlan! Go Lyon! That final would restore my faith in humanity.

Lyon has three Seniors who have played varsity basketball at Lyon County since they were in the 7th grade. They didn't transfer to Link Academy in Branson, MO, ala Jasper Johnson, they stayed together to make this run together. The community and all of far western Kentucky (where I'm from) is going bonkers following them. They have a talented Junior whose family is also well established in Eddyville as well. This is a school of 293 students that doesn't have a football team. They are not a group of kids that were recruited.

I'm sure Harlan County has a similar back story.

I'm not knocking Great Crossing, either. I would be fine if they win it, a public school from right outside Georgetown.

Has Noah actually signed with SC or just committed? Perhaps if we do get a new coach in here he can convince him to come on board. I think he will be a better college player than Travis Perry due to height as much as anything.

The few clips I saw of him, he didn't seem very athletic at all. Granted I didn't see much, but he definitely didn't strike me as anyone who could compete on the perimeter..
Have you ever seen him play in person??? I coached against him for 3 straight yrs when he was starting at pg as an 8th grader so I know a little about his game. Who cares where kids are ranked & just because he didn’t play on some big name aau out of LA or somewhere doesn’t mean he can’t play D1 or for UK. He had 48 last night and has been putting up those numbers for years at Harlan co. And I do believe he’s signed with SC, pretty sure he did back in the fall. He may not have a name like Justin Edwards but I’d take Noah over the Edwards type players at UK every time.

Have you ever seen him play in person??? I coached against him for 3 straight yrs when he was starting at pg as an 8th grader so I know a little about his game. Who cares where kids are ranked & just because he didn’t play on some big name aau out of LA or somewhere doesn’t mean he can’t play D1 or for UK. He had 48 last night and has been putting up those numbers for years at Harlan co. And I do believe he’s signed with SC, pretty sure he did back in the fall. He may not have a name like Justin Edwards but I’d take Noah over the Edwards type players at UK every time.
Agree completely

Has Noah actually signed with SC or just committed? Perhaps if we do get a new coach in here he can convince him to come on board. I think he will be a better college player than Travis Perry due to height as much as anything.
I was told at the game yesterday that Cal never contacted him and he has signed with SC.

I know his family and he comes from athletic stock. Perky Bryant and Tim Saylor both played football at UK

Plus he's a good kid.

He signed. I don’t think he would have played for Cal if he had. Perry should have went to Purdue like he first intended. Best I understand, UK has had little to no contact with him since he committed.

No doubt he's a great ky highschool player. I'm asking because I don't know - did he play against the best of the best in aau like reed did?

No doubt he's a great ky highschool player. I'm asking because I don't know - did he play against the best of the best in aau like reed did?
He played on Reed’s team as a junior playing up. He still played with MWBBC this past summer as a Sr. That’s kind of when he started blowing up. Changed his body between his Jr & Sr year. Probably cut 20lb and added more muscle.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Right, I know that - but he didn't go to UK right away, correct? Wasn't he a transfer in? My point being, he didn't come to UK right away, even though he's a kentucky boy
Anderson transferred in after being the BIG TEN Sophomore of the Year.

Somebody asked about players from NYC. Doron Lamb was from somewhere in New York and was criminally underrated here. Loved that guy.

Does anyone know if he actually wanted to play at UK?
Yes he did.

Not the type Cal likes. Big Guard that isn't overly athletic, but can score at all 3 levels and does everything at a high level. He is the type of kid that can play with the ball in his hands or off the ball. Extremely strong and physical for a Guard. He is heady and plays a lot like Reed. He is intense and hates losing too.

South Carolina got a great player.

• Angry
Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT