ADVERTISEMENT

Wow noah gunslinger from harlan

Trent should have this strapped across his chest k e n t u c k y unbelievable letting this kid get out of the state 35 pts 12 reb today kid can flat out score huge miss calipari huge

But but but he wasn’t ranked high like Bradshaw or DJ or Skal or….. the list goes on & on

I love seeing the KY guys who are talented enough to be here, even if they aren’t 5 Star ranked. Guys like Pelphrey, Padgett & Reggie Hanson had something extra in that UK Jersey. I’m not saying we need to take every kid from Kentucky, but I have a feeling that some 3 & 4 star Kentucky kids would play harder & better than some of these BJ Boston types. Can’t hurt to have a key reserve for 3 to 4 years.

Just didnt have enough stars beside his name like Bradshaw, Wagner, Boston, Askew, Skal, Whitney to name a few.

Reactions: BigBlueGoo
He’s not a post guy, would be the perfect 3 man with his size and athleticism. He can shoot lights out and has handles, think of a 6’7 version of Reed. His basketball IQ is stellar & makes everyone else around him better, hard to believe we let a talent like this leave the state.
With cal I can believe anything we'll one good thing Trent will play alot for south Carolina and they have a good coach shame a kid with that much game from Harlan cant even have a chance now at Kentucky then the one and done waiting to be millionaires have

But but but he wasn’t ranked high like Bradshaw or DJ or Skal or….. the list goes on & on

I love seeing the KY guys who are talented enough to be here, even if they aren’t 5 Star ranked. Guys like Pelphrey, Padgett & Reggie Hanson had something extra in that UK Jersey. I’m not saying we need to take every kid from Kentucky, but I have a feeling that some 3 & 4 star Kentucky kids would play harder & better than some of these BJ Boston types. Can’t hurt to have a key reserve for 3 to 4 years.
Derek Willis
Dominique Hawkins
Dontaie Allen
Reed Sheppard
Travis Perry

I think Cal would've taken Quentin Snider, but he was always Louisville bound. But that's to say, just because Kentucky wants a kid, doens't mean that kid wants Kentucky. Do they want to come play behind a whole bunch of 5 stars, or would they rather play early/often at Xavier, Cincinatti, etc.

I'd also add that most of the "modern" championships won by UK, not that many Kentucky boys on them.

The heralded Kentucky team only had 3 - Mills, Epps, and Anderson (and wasn't Anderson a transfer?).

The 98 team only had 2, Padgett and Mills.

Ironically, it was Cal's 2012 roster that had the most Kentucky boys: John Hood, Darius Miller, Twany Beckham, and Jarod Polson

Reactions: Fox2monk
He’s not a post guy, would be the perfect 3 man with his size and athleticism. He can shoot lights out and has handles, think of a 6’7 version of Reed. His basketball IQ is stellar & makes everyone else around him better, hard to believe we let a talent like this leave the state.
3 is his natural position. He has great handles and court vision. Can score at all 3 levels.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The few clips I saw of him, he didn't seem very athletic at all. Granted I didn't see much, but he definitely didn't strike me as anyone who could compete on the perimeter..
What caught my eye today everytime Warren central made a run Trent took over the gunslinger firing from deep today

The few clips I saw of him, he didn't seem very athletic at all. Granted I didn't see much, but he definitely didn't strike me as anyone who could compete on the perimeter..
He’s not a 40” jumper or anything but dunks pretty easy off 1 or two feet. I seen him go through the legs once this year in a warmup. He’s not lighting quick but is so strong he gets wherever he wants with the ball through contact. Absolute dead eye shooter with great court vision. Carolina seems to think he’ll contribute right away from what I’ve read.

Watch out. The Cal lovers will be all over you like ugly on an ape in no time.

Derek Willis
Dominique Hawkins
Dontaie Allen
Reed Sheppard
Travis Perry

I think Cal would've taken Quentin Snider, but he was always Louisville bound. But that's to say, just because Kentucky wants a kid, doens't mean that kid wants Kentucky. Do they want to come play behind a whole bunch of 5 stars, or would they rather play early/often at Xavier, Cincinatti, etc.

I'd also add that most of the "modern" championships won by UK, not that many Kentucky boys on them.

The heralded Kentucky team only had 3 - Mills, Epps, and Anderson (and wasn't Anderson a transfer?).

The 98 team only had 2, Padgett and Mills.

Ironically, it was Cal's 2012 roster that had the most Kentucky boys: John Hood, Darius Miller, Twany Beckham, and Jarod Polson
Anderson was from Louisville

Should be wearing blue next season, kid can play & has always put up huge numbers vs good competition across the state. We missed the boat on him for sure, has the iq like Reed.
With NIL and instant transfers you can't say we've missed the boat. Just late to the show, maybe?

He is a kid that has blossomed later than most in his class. He ran with us last spring on the 3SSB circuit and people started to notice. He has absolutely gotten better since and will most likely be one of those kids that got away. IMO Reed would have gotten away too had the family not had UK ties. Reed didn’t really blow up either until the summer between his Junior and Senior years. Very similar stories and very similar players.

If he were a 6'7 reed sheppard I have a hunch he'd be a top 10 player. Does he not play aau or what's the story?

He scored 48 tonight. Why not waste one of the not used scholarships on him?

Should be wearing blue next season, kid can play & has always put up huge numbers vs good competition across the state. We missed the boat on him for sure, has the iq like Reed.
He doesn’t fit the mold of the inner city kids from NY Cal likes. He might not be a first round draft pick. Instead he might be. 4 year player who loves UK and would make an impact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT