ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Arkansas with a giant turd

He has said he was on his last job. The mrs is a very nice lady too. She would to a big meal for all the OL, starters to walk ons once a week, nutrition staff be damned
Some guys just aren't HC material and that's OK. Lots of BS to put up with as a HC. He's been a great coach for a long time, is a credit to the profession.

Some guys just aren't HC material and that's OK. Lots of BS to put up with as a HC. He's been a great coach for a long time, is a credit to the profession.

He is one of the really good men in college coaching. I really hope he sticks to it being his last job, unless he wants to work for Kirby one more round, but seriously I hope it ends on his terms .

Zach Arnette made maybe the dumbest coaching decision of the season so far by going for it on 4th and 1 from inside his own 40 in the 4th quarter leading 7-3. They ran out of the shotgun and Mike Wright bobbled the snap, which Arkansas scooped up and scored....except a false start penalty on his own team saved Zach Arnette from himself.
I didn't see it but if a false start negated a winning scoop and score I would be livid.

Zach Arnette made maybe the dumbest coaching decision of the season so far by going for it on 4th and 1 from inside his own 40 in the 4th quarter leading 7-3. They ran out of the shotgun and Mike Wright bobbled the snap, which Arkansas scooped up and scored....except a false start penalty on his own team saved Zach Arnette from himself.

You had to have missed Cristobol's against GT. Less than a min, 1st down, Tech out of timeouts. Take 2 knees game over, but noooooo, let's run a play. Fumble, Tech recovers, scores and ends up winning.

You had to have missed Cristobol's against GT. Less than a min, 1st down, Tech out of timeouts. Take 2 knees game over, but noooooo, let's run a play. Fumble, Tech recovers, scores and ends up winning.
Yeah, I'm well aware of Cristobal's massive screw up. Arnette's would have equaled or surpassed it if his own team's penalty hadn't saved him from his own stupidity.

bill enjoy GIF

Yeah, I'm well aware of Cristobal's massive screw up. Arnette's would have equaled or surpassed it if his own team's penalty hadn't saved him from his own stupidity.

As an ex coach who made my share of dumb calls Christobol's is one of the worst I ever saw, game was over and is call gave the game away. Arkansas was different, 1 score game, too far for FG, game was still in question.

Reactions: mrschwump
As an ex coach who made my share of dumb calls Christobol's is one of the worst I ever saw, game was over and is call gave the game away. Arkansas was different, 1 score game, too far for FG, game was still in question.
Cristobal's game management is awful. Arnette's decision was awful. You have a 4 point lead. It's the middle of the 4th quarter. Your offense has been anemic. The Arkansas offense has been even worse. The ball is on your side of the field. It's really loud and hard to hear the snap count. It's 4th and one....so Arnette's solution is to put his QB in the shotgun and try to gain a yard in that situation. If you don't make it, Arkansas has a really short field and an emotional lift. If you wanted to try and draw Arkansas offsides would be one thing, but to actually try and execute the play under those circumstances was the height of stupidity. If not for the penalty, they would have lost 10-7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT