ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Arkansas with a giant turd

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
I know they came in 2-5, but they had been competitive in nearly every game. 3 points against MSU on homecoming is all you can muster? KJ Jefferson sucks.

I know they came in 2-5, but they had been competitive in nearly every game. 3 points against MSU on homecoming is all you can muster? KJ Jefferson sucks.
Yeah they wrecked my parlay too. Pig soooooey, they stink.

Reactions: CB3UK
Zach Arnette made maybe the dumbest coaching decision of the season so far by going for it on 4th and 1 from inside his own 40 in the 4th quarter leading 7-3. They ran out of the shotgun and Mike Wright bobbled the snap, which Arkansas scooped up and scored....except a false start penalty on his own team saved Zach Arnette from himself.

"To be honest, I didn't know what to do, and I didn't make the decision fast enough. I didn't want to burn the timeout because I wasn't sure I was making the right decision." - Head Coach Sam Pittman on electing to punt instead of sending Cam Little for a field goal.

Yes..and Jefferson js like a fourth year starter at Qb….to be this bad…I’d argue Pittman may have to lose his job for this

Saw a TON of coaching mistakes today. UT going for it 2x versus Bama, Duke going for it on 4th and goal with an inprepared q back up up 3 in 4th quarter. Miss St going for it up 7-3 with thete defense dominating, the pitiful UCF 2 point call against Okla.

Arkansas HC Sam Pittman was generally regarded as one of the top OL coaches in college football before taking the Arkansas job. So......IF Pittman is fired and IF UK OL continues it's struggles, does Stoops can Yenser and chase Pittman??

Sam Pittman was an elite OL coach and recruiter and one i hired to lose. But he loves the area, had a retirement home there while he was the UGA OL coach. He had never been a coordinator but former players pushed for him to be the guy. His comments were after the first year was for ever how long Arkansas wanted him he was at his last job. But he is 61 years old, he could make one more run if the right situation opened up.

Wonder if there are any wideouts that signed up to play for Mike Leach that we could poach ?
I hope they come in well coached because we do a terrible job of coaching up players on offense. Our best players were coached somewhere else first.

Reactions: yoshukai
Arkansas head Coach Pittman scrambling to save his job, fired OC Dan Enos today effective immediately.

Arkansas head Coach Pittman scrambling to save his job, fired OC Dan Enos today effective immediately.
Enos, veteran OC, has been around the block a time or 2. Going off memory and too lazy to look it up so that could be faulty, think he played at Mich St, was once a MAC HC(Central Michigan?), was also on Saban's advisory staff I think. Their O is putrid but in fairness to him, they've had a lot of injuries in their OL.

Yeah, Pittman is trying to CYA with this canning of Enos.

He started off with a good staff, I thought, has had to replace some people and it seems like everyone has been a downgrade. Hate it for Coach Pittman, really likeable guy. But he isn't there to make friends.

He started off with a good staff, I thought, has had to replace some people and it seems like everyone has been a downgrade. Hate it for Coach Pittman, really likeable guy. But he isn't there to make friends.
UK had a good, young Pete Jenkins DL disciple named Leblanc who joined Pittman's first staff. He stayed a couple of years, is now on a NFL staff.

UK had a good, young Pete Jenkins DL disciple named Leblanc who joined Pittman's first staff. He stayed a couple of years, is now on a NFL staff.

Honestly, I didn't think he was a great x and o coach, but he was elite as it gets for recruiting OL. He could pull multiple 5 and high 4* kids a year. But he gave it a shot, his first coordinators were Art Briles son for OC and the Missouri coach who was fired as his DC.

Zach Arnette made maybe the dumbest coaching decision of the season so far by going for it on 4th and 1 from inside his own 40 in the 4th quarter leading 7-3.
My God!!

This is Billy Napier level stupid.

The most defensively dominated game in two decades in the SEC, and Arnette says to himself, “what’s the stupidest mistake I could possibly make given how this game has unfolded . . . hey, risk giving the Hogs a short field by going for it on 4th down!”

“except a false start penalty on his own team saved Zach Arnette from himself.”

It is very possible that the player who jumped did so intentionally to force his own team to punt, realizing the stupidity of going for it.

The SEC should have a new weekly award, for “Smartest Penalty.”

My God!!

This is Billy Napier level stupid.

The most defensively dominated game in two decades in the SEC, and Arnette says to himself, “what’s the stupidest mistake I could possibly make given how this game has unfolded . . . hey, risk giving the Hogs a short field by going for it on 4th down!”

“except a false start penalty on his own team saved Zach Arnette from himself.”

It is very possible that the player who jumped did so intentionally to force his own team to punt, realizing the stupidity of going for it.

The SEC should have a new weekly award, for “Smartest Penalty.”
I think Arnette and Mario Cristobal both attended the Billy Napier School of Game Management over the summer.

Travis Williams has done a really good job at DC for Arkansas this year. Coaching is just weird because Barry Odom had an absolutely atrocious defense last year at Arkansas and is now 6-1 as the head coach at UNLV.

Enos just wasn’t a very good scheme fit. Briles isn’t doing much better at TCU though. I think when Pittman’s time is up he probably just retires to his lake house in Hot Springs honestly. I think he was pretty close to retiring at Georgia before he got the Arkansas job.

Zach Arnette made maybe the dumbest coaching decision of the season so far by going for it on 4th and 1 from inside his own 40 in the 4th quarter leading 7-3. They ran out of the shotgun and Mike Wright bobbled the snap, which Arkansas scooped up and scored....except a false start penalty on his own team saved Zach Arnette from himself.
Someone please tell me who it was years ago that decided it was a good idea to snap the ball 3 yards back on fourth and inches or goal line plays and hand the ball to a stand still back while giving the DLine two seconds to penetrate the line!!!!!!!!! And every coach since then seems to think thats a good idea. Drives me nuts!!!!

Travis Williams has done a really good job at DC for Arkansas this year. Coaching is just weird because Barry Odom had an absolutely atrocious defense last year at Arkansas and is now 6-1 as the head coach at UNLV.

Enos just wasn’t a very good scheme fit. Briles isn’t doing much better at TCU though. I think when Pittman’s time is up he probably just retires to his lake house in Hot Springs honestly. I think he was pretty close to retiring at Georgia before he got the Arkansas job.

He has said he was on his last job. The mrs is a very nice lady too. She would to a big meal for all the OL, starters to walk ons once a week, nutrition staff be damned

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT