ADVERTISEMENT

Would you trade some UK’s B-ball success for

Sep 20, 2017
more success in football?

Like, I’d happily trade going 6-6 in football for the next ten years if it meant AU made it to a final four in hoops.

No, if we don't win a championship every two years or in competition we ain't happy. Football is a bonus

Reactions: Cats192
Hell no! KY basketball already helps them with recruiting etc... They need to rise up on their own and hire a coach that is the next young great or a big name. Keep going after coaches like they have forever, same result. Can't really compete for the SEC title, let alone a natty. He has done fine, but that's what we are use to, fine.

Don't really care about football much at all. If Kentucky wins two NCAA basketball national championships in the next five years -- which I predict will happen as Cal reaches a career plateau -- and during that time fails to win a single SEC football game, I'll be extremely content.

Don't really care about football much at all. If Kentucky wins two NCAA basketball national championships in the next five years -- which I predict will happen as Cal reaches a career plateau -- and during that time fails to win a single SEC football game, I'll be extremely content.
Not me. I like football better than basketball.

I used to love football then took a 10 year break from it, rarely watching games but the last 2 years, I’ve really enjoyed. There’s no pressure in football, ecstatic over a win but a loss doesn’t demoralize me like it does a b-ball L. I wouldn’t trade any success in basketball but It’d be insane to go to the playoff just once in football.

The sum of UK's success in basketball makes it the greatest program in college basketball history. I wouldn't trade any of it for "more success in football," which would still leave us far behind the more successful programs nationally.

We've always struggled in football, and rival fans have often pulled that card against us. The way I see it, things usually shake out like this; I'll use Auburn football and basketball, for example. In rating the historic success of those programs compared to ours, it would be:

1. Kentucky Basketball
2. Auburn football
3. Auburn basketball (it's close with UK football)
4. Kentucky football

I'll take that all day, every day.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I'm sure there's a certain level of success in one that I would trade for the other. For example, if Kentucky basketball failed to make the Sweet-16, in exchange for the football team making the SEC Championship.... yeah, I would do that trade. So long as it was a one year deal, and then basketball was back on track competing for national titles.

The sum of UK's success in basketball makes it the greatest program in college basketball history. I wouldn't trade any of it for "more success in football," which would still leave us far behind the more successful programs nationally.

We've always struggled in football, and rival fans have often pulled that card against us. The way I see it, things usually shake out like this; I'll use Auburn football and basketball, for example. In rating the historic success of those programs compared to ours, it would be:

1. Kentucky Basketball
2. Auburn football
3. Auburn basketball (it's close with UK football)
4. Kentucky football

I'll take that all day, every day.
This is fair. I was just wondering if UK fans pined for Football success or not. I don't represent a large number of AU fans but, like I said, I'd gladly give up some football success if it meant better bball seasons. Nothings more fun to me in college sports than having an exciting and highly competitive bball team.

More success in football is winning 8 games. Less success in basketball is being 20-10ish heading into March and getting bounced first round. Sounds an awful lot like 2007. No thanks.

This is fair. I was just wondering if UK fans pined for Football success or not. I don't represent a large number of AU fans but, like I said, I'd gladly give up some football success if it meant better bball seasons. Nothings more fun to me in college sports than having an exciting and highly competitive bball team.
Auburn will be loaded next year if everyone returns. Kentucky, Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State and LSU will be final four caliber teams next year. Florida and Vandy could be really good as well.

more success in football?

Like, I’d happily trade going 6-6 in football for the next ten years if it meant AU made it to a final four in hoops.
Plenty of serious UK football fans would.

Auburn will be loaded next year if everyone returns. Kentucky, Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State and LSU will be final four caliber teams next year. Florida and Vandy could be really good as well.

Do you go through an inordinate amount of Chap-Stik every time he/they post? Your fanboy love for these two trolls is really unbecoming.

Reactions: floatingyou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT