ADVERTISEMENT

"Would you like to buy a piece of Alex Jones?"

No, the issue is the magnitude of what he did, not his political affiliation.

The people he defamed were victims of something awful. Jones chose to intentionally and repeatedly lie about those victims because he knew he could make lots of money telling these lies.

When the victims repeatedly asked Jones to stop, he ignored them. When some of them were subjected to threats of violence because of his lies, he kept on lying because it was good for his business.

When Jones was sued by the people he was defaming, he then obstinately and repeatedly ignored court orders requiring him to cooperate with discovery.

When someone chooses to do awful and illegal things to make themselves rich, and arrogantly ignore court orders along the way, they open themselves up to heavy punishment.

Jones’ behavior was so far beyond the pale that a devastating financial penalty was worth considering. It was Jones’ actions that brought this upon himself, not any political affiliation.
Just curious... Do you think people that spread the #RussiaHoax should all be forced to pay $1billion to Trump? Just curious if your problem is with AJ or the fact he said something wrong.

So you think the 1st amendment should be abolished I take it.... Bold stance.
Defamation is not protected speech under the first amendment, and never has been. It’s absurd to suggest that someone who believes defamation should be punished is therefore also anti-first amendment.

This is a pretty basic concept we’re talking about here. You cannot intentionally lie about people like that and then expect to hide behind the first amendment. The first amendment has never permitted defamation.

Reactions: J_Dee
Defamation is not protected speech under the first amendment, and never has been. It’s absurd to suggest that someone who believes defamation should be punished is therefore also anti-first amendment.

This is a pretty basic concept we’re talking about here. You cannot intentionally lie about people like that and then expect to hide behind the first amendment. The first amendment has never permitted defamation.
But you are assuming he knew he was lying. You are saying that being wrong is punishable by insane monetary fines. It just seems weird how cool you are with this and I haven't heard you say a peep about MuhRussia or people constantly calling people racist. I also think you are overplaying what he did. You make it sound like he said this stuff 100's of times when I can only see a couple times he said it and he actually apologized and said he got bad info.

Just saying... If what AJ did was worth $1billion then there are tons of people in msm and the government that owe Trump billions.

For instance.... $3billion for aiding cartels to funnel drugs and guns into America resulting in 1000's of deaths..... AJ said he thought there were crisis actors after a school shooting and he got $1billion.... You see the weirdness right?

Weird that when he was saying crazy stuff about Bush nobody was suing him for billions and nobody cared. It's almost like the court system is being used as a weapon.
You realize Bush was a Republican, right?

Yea. Are you that simple?
Apparently I am. Lay it out for me. You’re saying Alex Jones is the victim of “political prosecution” because he’s not a Democrat. You then asked why he wasn’t charged when he criticized George W Bush. Something isn’t adding up here.

Have you gone back and read half the post you made in the political thread? Dude... You could be sued for billions.
Care to give examples? I don't post memes, I don't post far left tweets, I occasionally make predictions on elections, and I ask for proof when folks run their mouths about rigged and stolen elections constantly. That usually ends with me being called names. So again, dude, provide some proof that shows "half my posts" over the years in one thread could result in me being sued for billions.

Or...stop being dramatic to get an occasional like from one of your like-minded political buds. I could stop posting in that thread for six months and a few of you would still try to troll me outside of it in an attempt to find someone to keep arguing with. I put half of you on ignore, read the board when I'm logged out, and you all are still quoting me over and over to get attention lol. So yeah, show all of us here some examples of my posts which could result in me being sued or would put me in the same orbit as some crazed conspiracy theorist.

Do you really not understand what he did wrong?
OK... Please post all the things he said involving this case. I assume you think it's too many to list so just do 10. Show me what he did that is worth losing his 1st amendment right.

Care to give examples? I don't post memes, I don't post far left tweets, I occasionally make predictions on elections, and I ask for proof when folks run their mouths about rigged and stolen elections constantly. That usually ends with me being called names. So again, dude, provide some proof that shows "half my posts" over the years in one thread could result in me being sued for billions.

Or...stop being dramatic to get an occasional like from one of your like-minded political buds. I could stop posting in that thread for six months and a few of you would still try to troll me outside of it in an attempt to find someone to keep arguing with. I put half of you on ignore, read the board when I'm logged out, and you all are still quoting me over and over to get attention lol. So yeah, show all of us here some examples of my posts which could result in me being sued or would put me in the same orbit as some crazed conspiracy theorist.
We troll you because you are so simple in your political views. You try to pretend you are middle of the road moderate and then every post is just one side one side one side.... Sorry you hate being called out so bad. Maybe try to be rational one time instead of just a partisan.

We troll you because you are so simple in your political views. You try to pretend you are middle of the road moderate and then every post is just one side one side one side.... Sorry you hate being called out so bad. Maybe try to be rational one time instead of just a partisan.
And there it is. You just can't help yourself. You quoted me to argue with me and use insults. It's why I have to put half of you on ignore. Why would anyone waste their time discussing anything with anyone who goes straight to insults for attention?

There's a small handful of you who will not stop quoting me to get my attention. Again, I could stop posting in that thread for months and the weird, obsessive trolling will continue outside of it. Be an adult, make sense, have some good takes, and stop being weird like this is personal. I gave you a chance and took you off ignore. My bad I guess lol.

(and you didn't provide proof involving "half my posts." It was a troll job because you're bored and want to argue with another adult online).

But you are assuming he knew he was lying. You are saying that being wrong is punishable by insane monetary fines. It just seems weird how cool you are with this and I haven't heard you say a peep about MuhRussia or people constantly calling people racist. I also think you are overplaying what he did. You make it sound like he said this stuff 100's of times when I can only see a couple times he said it and he actually apologized and said he got bad info.

Just saying... If what AJ did was worth $1billion then there are tons of people in msm and the government that owe Trump billions.
Read the court filings and Jones’ deposition.

Jones made false statements “dozens and dozens” of times over a span of several years. It was significantly more than the “couple of times” you’re alleging in your post. Jones was also stating in 2013 and 2014 that he had done extensive research and had evidence that Sandy Hook was staged. He was lying through his teeth from the start and there can be no argument on that point.

Jones also exhibited contempt for the Sandy Hook families, mocking them on his show on a number of occasions as well as publicly revealing the home address of one of them (exposing that victim to further threats).

Jones also refused to hand over evidence during discovery, was caught attempting to destroy evidence after being sued and was caught lying to the trial judge.

What Jones did to the Sandy Hook families was evil. There is no other word for it. There should be no surprise then when a jury comprised of people from Connecticut decides to hammer him for his vile behavior and defiant lack of remorse.

These people had their children violently murdered and Jones repeatedly spread abhorrent lies about them so that he could line his pockets. He’s getting what he deserves.

And there it is. You just can't help yourself. You quoted me to argue with me and use insults. It's why I have to put half of you on ignore. Why would anyone waste their time discussing anything with anyone who goes straight to insults for attention?

There's a small handful of you who will not stop quoting me to get my attention. Again, I could stop posting in that thread for months and the weird, obsessive trolling will continue outside of it. Be an adult, make sense, have some good takes, and stop being weird like this is personal. I gave you a chance and took you off ignore. My bad I guess lol.

(and you didn't provide proof involving "half my posts." It was a troll job because you're bored and want to argue with another adult online).
Where did I insult you? First thing you said is I insulted you... Point to that insult for me because where I'm from I didn't insult you.

Jones made false statements “dozens and dozens” of times over a span of several years. It was significantly more than the “couple of times” you’re alleging in your post. Jones was also stating in 2013 and 2014 that he had done extensive research and had evidence that Sandy Hook was staged. He was lying through his teeth from the start and there can be no argument on that point.

Jones also exhibited contempt for the Sandy Hook families, mocking them on his show on a number of occasions as well as publicly revealing the home address of one of them (exposing that victim to further threats).

Jones also refused to hand over evidence during discovery, was caught attempting to destroy evidence after being sued and was caught lying to the trial judge.

What Jones did to the Sandy Hook families was evil. There is no other word for it. There should be no surprise then when a jury comprised of people from Connecticut decides to hammer him for his vile behavior and defiant lack of remorse.

These people had their children violently murdered and Jones repeatedly spread abhorrent lies about them so that he could line his pockets. He’s getting what he deserves.
So you equate... "staged" with attacking the families? He said Bush and Cheney knew 911 was going to happen and nobody sued him. He said that planes would crash into the twin towers and the government would blame Osama Bin Laden. Wild that he called that out months before 9/11.

You keep using words like "evil".... What did he actually say? Then equate it to what other people say about other people and just see if you see it as "evil".... You still haven't posted a single video of him actually saying this horrible evil stuff you say he said. It should be really easy and then I'd just slink away and apologize for being ill informed.

Apparently I am. Lay it out for me. You’re saying Alex Jones is the victim of “political prosecution” because he’s not a Democrat. You then asked why he wasn’t charged when he criticized George W Bush. Something isn’t adding up here.

This should’ve been “political persecution” btw but @hmt5000 didnt respond anyways

For instance. Adam Schiff.... Lying his ass off and accusing Gen Flynn of treason and Trump of treason.... It's just weird you don't throw that evil and lying words around when it's not AJ.....

Sorry if you have actually been offended by all cases of blatant lying for political and/or financial gain and not just one single case.

I'm absolutely not going to waste time, delving into Alex Jones, or the specifics of the case(s), but what did he do that makes him liable in a civil suit? Did he mention specific people, etc? Or was it just horrendous, made up/generalized kookiness?

I'm absolutely not going to waste time, delving into Alex Jones, or the specifics of the case(s), but what did he do that makes him liable in a civil suit? Did he mention specific people, etc? Or was it just horrendous, made up/generalized kookiness?
Same... I do know that one fbi agent that sued him only had his name exposed by filing the lawsuit. It would be like if I went through all the instances of people lying about what I said on this site and filed suit under my name and pretended that they actually attacked my real person and not just some random screen name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT