ADVERTISEMENT

Would you favor using AI for officiating ?

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
There is no question with the advances in AI that very shortly robots will exist that can do a much better more accurate job of
officiating than SEC officials. I would favor using AI. It’s all about getting the call right and a robot woukd b more accurate and not subject to bias .

Reactions: Girthang
Unless AI has progressed more than I am aware of a human still has to start it up, which would be easier to corrupt than it is now. So no, don't want it, but I didn't want the transfer portal.

Reactions: sieken
No, but I wish there was a overwatch system to flag blatant penalties that are missed on the field

Reactions: Girthang
As bad as you think Cal is, the lady LSU coach is the worst I have ever seen.
I have been called tin hat conspiracy blah blah but I honestly believe Cal has pissed off so many people at the NCAA and officials that he can’t win another title. They won’t allow it. We get a terrible whistle even at Rupp Arena now. Kansas, Duke and North Carolina still get that home cooking. Not us. Not anymore. Don’t even get me started on tournament officials. Anyone after the housing crisis that doesn’t believe a multi billion dollar company wouldn’t cheat is burying their head in the sand. All the conspiracy attacks in three, two,….

At least we will have a game that we cannot complain about calls. Some of these refs make the effin game impossible to like.. Sometime calling fouls and then not calling others. AI is taking over, like it or not. I just rode in a vehicle with AI and I was half frightened and half amazed.

I have been called tin hat conspiracy blah blah but I honestly believe Cal has pissed off so many people at the NCAA and officials that he can’t win another title. They won’t allow it. We get a terrible whistle even at Rupp Arena now. Kansas, Duke and North Carolina still get that home cooking. Not us. Not anymore. Don’t even get me started on tournament officials. Anyone after the housing crisis that doesn’t believe a multi billion dollar company wouldn’t cheat is burying their head in the sand. All the conspiracy attacks in three, two,….

I may be wrong but can't remember Cal actually making contact with the official like that lady did. Don't get me wrong, I know Cal has his moments but she is off the wall and did enough to get her two Ts and out but wasn't hit with any. I think she believes her act is as much of the show as the actual players are. She is a heck of a coach, but bat chit crazy.

AI will end society/civilization as we know it. I don't support amplification of its involvement in anything whatsoever. I guess it shouldn't be surprising how willingly humans create and welcome their own demise but oh well.

Reactions: sieken and The-Hack
I may be wrong but can't remember Cal actually making contact with the official like that lady did. Don't get me wrong, I know Cal has his moments but she is off the wall and did enough to get her two Ts and out but wasn't hit with any. I think she believes her act is as much of the show as the actual players are. She is a heck of a coach, but bat chit crazy.
That’s the difference. Officials in women’s ball do it for being officials. There is little to no TV or exposure. Higgins, the rooferee ,Ayer’s , TV Teddy Valentine all believe they are part of the show in men’s ball. Don’t make me look bad on TV Calipari or you will pay. And he has. Not so much lately but before games that Higgins was officiating the commentators were already talking about if he was gonna T..up Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT