ADVERTISEMENT

Would you claim a Title if the NCAA stripped it from us because of ineligible player, etc?

Would you claim a Title if the NCAA stripped it from us because of ineligible player, etc?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I answered yes but you really need a 3rd option. "Situational".

In general, no I would not. If it was a situation like Derrick Rose, which was utter BS, then yes I would. UL should be ashamed for recognizing and glorifying 2013.

Every time UofL talks about that title I am reminded that their coaches provided alcohol, money and whores to high school students on their official visits and coerced them into participating.

So if you want people to be reminded of that, then by all means keep talking about it.

Yea because I saw the games happen.
No offense, but I get tired of hearing this illogical argument. I saw Medina's Spirit win the Derby too. But it's owner's cheated. Should it still count?

I also saw Sosa play amazing baseball. But he was using PED's and/or a corked bat? Should those stats still count?

There have been people who have cheated at the Botson and NYC Marathons by catching rides, or sneaking further down the race route. But hey we all SAW them win right? Should those still count?

You can argue that well, there's various levels of cheating, that's fine. But if you're caught, you should be punished. Even if it were to be UK.

Cheaters show NEVER be glorified. They should be shamed.

NCAA is a sham organization that selectively chooses who to enforce the rules against and who is absolved of any responsibility looking the other way like they did for years with UNC & Kansas. So I would select yes. Only way I wouldn't is if something unthinkable took place to get an advantage.

It depends on how we broke the rules. If we had a team that was recruited by sex trafficking minors to recruits (who are also minors) then no, I would not accept that title. And anyone who would or does needs to do some serious soul searching. UL’s actions were morally reprehensible and it’s embarrassing for our entire state, but even moreso for the city of Louisville and its university.

If we played a guy whose plane ride we paid for? Sure, I’d accept and recognize that title. Players are getting paid now anyways and while in HS a lot of these guys are in poverty and need the help and I don’t mind UK helping them out like that.

There’s definitely some nuance to this. It’s not black and white. But at the end of the day morals matter. Being a good person still matters. And anyone who says they don’t and cheating no matter what as long as others do it is a person without principles.

Reactions: bbncal02
It depends on how we broke the rules. If we had a team that was recruited by sex trafficking minors to recruits (who are also minors) then no, I would not accept that title. And anyone who would or does needs to do some serious soul searching. UL’s actions were morally reprehensible and it’s embarrassing for our entire state, but even moreso for the city of Louisville and its university.

If we played a guy whose plane ride we paid for? Sure, I’d accept and recognize that title. Players are getting paid now anyways and while in HS a lot of these guys are in poverty and need the help and I don’t mind UK helping them out like that.

There’s definitely some nuance to this. It’s not black and white. But at the end of the day morals matter. Being a good person still matters. And anyone who says they don’t and cheating no matter what as long as others do it is a person without principles.
This.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT