ADVERTISEMENT

Would you claim a Title if the NCAA stripped it from us because of ineligible player, etc?

Would you claim a Title if the NCAA stripped it from us because of ineligible player, etc?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not pretending it didn't happen. The title is awarded to the team that wins the tournament playing legally obtained players. If a school managed to sneak in the Celtics players and won the championship, we would all see them win the game, but they wouldn't be the champions because they didn't follow the rules. Nobody should ever recognize the UL championship in 2013 because they didn't play by the rules to win that game.
They won the title with recruits entertained by Katina Powell. Hardly call that an advantage, if anything, it’s even more of an accomplishment.

It's not pretending it didn't happen. The title is awarded to the team that wins the tournament playing legally obtained players. If a school managed to sneak in the Celtics players and won the championship, we would all see them win the game, but they wouldn't be the champions because they didn't follow the rules. Nobody should ever recognize the UL championship in 2013 because they didn't play by the rules to win that game.
End of thread////

The NCAA’s validity in deciding such matters became compromised ages ago. I don’t care what they say counts and doesn’t. I’ll decide for myself. As far as i’m concerned UofL’s 2013 title is every bit as legit as Dukes 2010 title, UNC’s 2009 and 2005 titles and a bunch of ucla’s titles in the 60’s and 70’s.

More UK fans claim the UL title than UL fans. It’s their attempt to make Rick appear to be a better coach than Cal, even tho we all know Cal owns Pitino.

Y’all can claim what you want, knowing Pitino can’t coach well enough to win a title without cheating, brings me great happiness. 😁

In Kansas they like their Helms.

hoOAtuH.jpg

More UK fans claim the UL title than UL fans. It’s their attempt to make Rick appear to be a better coach than Cal, even tho we all know Cal owns Pitino.

Y’all can claim what you want, knowing Pitino can’t coach well enough to win a title without cheating, brings me great happiness. 😁
So Ky cheated in 1996?

They won the title with recruits entertained by Katina Powell. Hardly call that an advantage, if anything, it’s even more of an accomplishment.
Even if you concede they were bad at cheating they were still cheating.

So Ky cheated in 1996?

Not that I’m aware of but I wouldn’t be surprised if something came out that Pitino did something wrong.

If you’re trying to compare when Cal was at the University of Massachusetts to Pitino being at Louisville, it’s not even a comparison. UL is a top 10-15 program of all time according to many people, UMass is not.

Not that I’m aware of but I wouldn’t be surprised if something came out that Pitino did something wrong.

If you’re trying to compare when Cal was at the University of Massachusetts to Pitino being at Louisville, it’s not even a comparison. UL is a top 10-15 program of all time according to many people, UMass is not.
I'm not trying to compare anything. I'm just going by your statement that he can't coach well enough to win a title without cheating.

Hate to break it to you guys but every national champ ever had players take money from a booster. 20 dollars here, 40 there or 100k. Same difference. Most just don't get caught.

I voted Yes but it would depend on what it was. A Derrick Rose situation where there is no evidence the guy just won’t cooperate after leaving the school? Hell yeah, that was some BS.

If we legitimately cheated to get a player then no. If we had whores in the dorms then no.

Reactions: gojvc and bbncal02
I would, because the NCAA is corrupt and is no longer useful to college sports
Me too, screw the NCAA. Never made sense to retro take it away honestly. The games happened and they are on tape. I know they don’t wanna punish future players who had no knowledge but now that players are paid it’s even more irrelevant.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Well, Nazr Mohammed going 0-6 from the free throw line sure didn’t help.

Guy lost his best player in January and took his team to a 35-5 record and overtime loss in the championship game, forgive me if I don’t blame his coaching on anything that year.
It’s been a long time since I watched that game and I’m old now. I could be mixing games up, but I believe he missed a couple of those very late in that game too. I remember the 3 to tie it to send it to OT and we clanked a few FT’s late. Oh yeah and Turner and Pricket fouling out killed us. Turner was killing them in the post.

Last edited:
IMHO, UK should reclaim the vacated games during the dark years of the late 80s.
Outside of the 2 tournament games we vacated I still can’t find any evidence we vacated more than that. One guy told me we did and I’ve asked him twice to show me that and nothing. Did we?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Outside of the 2 tournament games we vacated I still can’t find any evidence we vacated more than that. One guy told me we did and I’ve asked him twice to show me that and nothing. Did we?
Well, I stand corrected.

I'd sworn in court we vacated the 87-88 or 88-89 season games.

It’s been a long time since I watched that game and in old now and could be mixing games up but I believe he missed a couple of those very late in that game too. I remember the 3 to tie it to send it to OT and we clanked a few FT’s late. Of yeah and Turner and Pricket fouling out killed us. Turner was killing them in the post.
I was at the game and I’ve never been able to bring myself to rewatch it. But it seems like some of those FT’s were late in the game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Also, we couldn’t keep Mike Bibby or Miles Simon out of the lane. Our back court was getting killed off the dribble and kept reaching.

We were short handed though. And fatigue probably became a factor as the final four game against minnesota was extremely physical. Allen Edwards was not 100% either. I think i recall him having back spasms. Turner, Epps and walk on Cameron Mills were our only healthy guards.

Despite that, if Nazr just hits one in regulation we win.

It’s the kinda thing where you say it doesn’t count if it was anyone else, but for Kentucky it counts the NCAA is just corrupt!! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT