ADVERTISEMENT

Would There Ever Be A Shot ?

Joker is AHC at NC St...who finished year a top 25 team. Expanded playoff and ACC being what it is...ole Joker could very well be in the play offs long before, and more often than we are. As, an assistant yes, but still kudos to him for really bouncing and clawing back to where he's at.

Brooks didn't take off till Joker kind of took over offense.

Randy Sanders was key as well. Dude underrated and underappreciated. He only ever helped coach the best of times at all of his stops. UT glory years, saved our program, Jimbo didn't take off and dominate until Randy showed up at FSU.

Joker is AHC at NC St...who finished year a top 25 team. Expanded playoff and ACC being what it is...ole Joker could very well be in the play offs long before, and more often than we are. As, an assistant yes, but still kudos to him for really bouncing and clawing back to where he's at.

Randy Sanders was key as well. Dude underrated and underappreciated. He only ever helped coach the best of times at all of his stops. UT glory years, saved our program, Jimbo didn't take off and dominate until Randy showed up at FSU.

Acc teams will have to win 11 games to make the playoff IMO.

Don't see the new mid major acc and big 12 getting a bid at 10 and 2 over sec and big 10 at large teams.

Reactions: UK CAT in FL

JP made 480k in 2023. So, he wouldn't want to come, double his salary and again coach his Alma Mater. Would be surprised, but I'm kinda throwing that out there. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't.

UK has an OC but Dana Holgorsen is your man if you want a has-been, usta-was. Mumme/Leach prodigy, hates defense, recently fired at Houston.

Of bringing Joker back to his Alma Mater as OC?
Dont think it would be fair to Joker or Stoops to do that. Joker is a UK football alum and still glad he played here. He was just not head coaching material - not everyone is - but I fully believe Joker still bleeds blue!

Go Big Blue!

Dont think it would be fair to Joker or Stoops to do that. Joker is a UK football alum and still glad he played here. He was just not head coaching material - not everyone is - but I fully believe Joker still bleeds blue!

Go Big Blue!
Follow the Benjamin's.

Acc teams will have to win 11 games to make the playoff IMO.

Don't see the new mid major acc and big 12 getting a bid at 10 and 2 over sec and big 10 at large teams.

At present, I think only 2 teams in ACC with realistic chance of getting in, FSU who is hitting the portal as hard as anyone, and Clemson. Clemson normally plays 2 P5 teams and their ACC schedule. Compared to the SEC and Big 10 who will each have 7-8 teams with legitimate chance to get in. I think each of those will get 4 in most years and occasionally one could get 5 in.

I hope you guys are joking. I never want to see Joker anywhere near Commonwealth Stadium. He drove the program into the ground.

I hope you guys are joking. I never want to see Joker anywhere near Commonwealth Stadium. He drove the program into the ground.

Boz,
I was thinking the same thing; many people on here praise JP for his achievements as OC...I must have missed something...I dont remember ANYTHING outstanding with him as OC.

Boz,
I was thinking the same thing; many people on here praise JP for his achievements as OC...I must have missed something...I dont remember ANYTHING outstanding with him as OC.
Joker’s claim to fame as OC….. he was better than the guy before him

He may be one of those guys who just isn't a HC. However, he is a very good assistant and coordinator. It's why he's always been able to find work.

It's no coincidence NC ST is improved after going pretty dormant for a while. It's no wonder Devin Leary looked like an all American when Joker was coaching his Wrs and involved in the offense. QBs look like all stars when guys can run routes, catch, etc...He did that here. He took ho-hum, little-known skill players and coached them up.

Boz,

He only saved Brooks' tenure and how we look back on the "glory days" of ole Papaw. Things didn't hum until he relinquished more control and Joker took over.

Andre's Jr/Sr Season
-70 passing Tuds...records
-historically low ints
-multiple 1000 yd wrs
-a TE who would be our leading WR today. Basically, Brock Bowers before Brock Bowers. Joker was slinging it around to the TE before that was even a thing.

...literally one of the most productive, and efficient offenses this program has ever seen.

Just didn't have the defensive talent/depth. Which CMS has done a good job of building...and why it may work out if the two ever joined forces.

What we needed during the Brooks era to get us over the hump and take the next step was defense/depth.

What we need during the CMS era is more offensive pop, production, and consistency in the passing game. A QB, wr, and TE who can score.

If not Joker...then just do what Papaw, an old defensive guy, did. Say "hey young whipper snapper OC...you got this...let it rip."

Joker was known as a good recruiter before he got the head coaching job and if he was to come back, he and Vince Marrow could possibly be a very nice tandem bringing in talent to the program.

Again you guys are crazy. Other than John Ray, Joker was the worst head coach in UK history. As OC he had one good year. Overhyped recruiter. If he is such a good OC why has no one hired him as an OC?

Joker did an excellent job when he had "players" under Brooks. Why not? If he's successful he'd probably be here for a while.
When Joker had players him and Morris recruited he done well. Evidently the former Head Coaches Brooks,Archer and Hudson didn't put any stock in recruiting personal connection as you can count the number the three brought in from past connection on one hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT