ADVERTISEMENT

Would Knox even consider doing this one more year?

The perfect scenario for U.K. would be Knox comes back, KJ comes in trying to take some of Knox's minutes by bringing it everyday in practice (which also makes Knox better). Knox leads us to a title/deep tourney run while increasing his draft stock to Top 5. KJ logs 15-20 mins per game, plays a key contribution role/energy guy off the bench and then comes back for his Sophomore season and leads us to another serious shot at a title while also increasing his draft stock. This is the kind of culture we need to develop in order to achieve the true dominance our fans and Cal are looking for. Will it happen? Probably not. I'm not getting my hopes up.

It would be nice. I just imagine that KJ came here with the assumption that Knox, and maybe a few others, were for sure gone. Maybe KJ doesn't care? Maybe he's half expecting to be a 2-year player anyways. But man, if Knox comes back we basically have two of everything. two PG's, three SG's/Spot-up shooters, two scoring-minded small forwards, and 5 Forward/Center types each with their own offerings.

That team will probably walk to a 2-seed, at worst. I just don't see many teams beating us when we have multi-year players in Gabriel/SKJ/PJ/JV/Diallo/Richards/Green. If half the team has a bad night, you still have 5 or 6 other players to step up and those 5-6 would be good enough to beat 99% of teams anyways..

It would be nice. I just imagine that KJ came here with the assumption that Knox, and maybe a few others, were for sure gone. Maybe KJ doesn't care? Maybe he's half expecting to be a 2-year player anyways. But man, if Knox comes back we basically have two of everything. two PG's, three SG's/Spot-up shooters, two scoring-minded small forwards, and 5 Forward/Center types each with their own offerings.

That team will probably walk to a 2-seed, at worst. I just don't see many teams beating us when we have multi-year players in Gabriel/SKJ/PJ/JV/Diallo/Richards/Green. If half the team has a bad night, you still have 5 or 6 other players to step up and those 5-6 would be good enough to beat 99% of teams anyways..
If we have that team and they fail to win a title, I will be very angry. But the chance that we have that team is less than 5% unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT