ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Wagner to the Hogs

Thiero deserves whatever happens to him at Arkansas.
Thiero is the only one of the bunch that I really, really wanted back. Who knows what Pope told him though. Personally, I'd love to have his motor and athleticism if shots are flying all around.

But, sadly, I agree that he chose Cal, again, and made his own bed.

Yes. Either that or Knox has a starting promise and Thiero doesn't get a chance. I could see it going either way. Also, I'll go out on a limb and say Davis disappoints for them since he will be playing in a lesser offensive system(I'm assuming that with Welch gone it's back to Cal's old system).
Aidoo and Z will both be expecting to start as well.

Cal has assembled 8 guys who have the expectation to start, with 7 a few of them who have practically been promised starting roles.

Z and Thiero aren't following Cal just to be told to come off the bench. Aidoo didn't pick Arkansas to be a backup. There will be massive issues down there.

Last edited:
Calipari is trash that’s why he was ran out of here. Nobody cares. For every video like that you don’t even want to know what I can begin to post.

Evansville
Oakland
Robert Morris
Beat downs by Duke
Vanderbilt
St. Peters
UNC Wilmington

This at KENTUCKY. enjoy the Arkansas beat downs there will be plenty.
Yes, still living in the past! Bring up your past life? I guaranteed,that you wouldn't want to bring that up! And I am a UK fan!

Yes, still living in the past! Bring up your past life? I guaranteed,that you wouldn't want to bring that up! And I am a UK fan!

Sure you are! Arkansas fans lol. Absolutely starving for relevancy. I would too, anything UK that could possibly rub off on that regional program and make it seem national for a few years. I don’t blame you.

Unless you’re not Arkansas and some other marginal program. I noticed you’re too ashamed of your program to admit it!!

I'm actually quite shocked that Arkansas fans love Kentucky's program this much.
Yeah, there’s nothing Arkansas fans love more than UKs dominating win over WVU when the narrative was their zone was gonna shut us down and the 2012 National Championship.

I didn’t realize those games were so upsetting to some “UK fans”.

Nah you are giving him to much credit for real. We are talking about a player that went scoreless in our opening round tournament game. He wouldn't have even averaged 9 ppg in other blue blood programs because he would have been on the bench. This is only going to make Arkansas worse because now your offense won't run solely through Davis and Fland. Dj has absolutely no ability to shake his defenders off he is a straight line driver and though his percentages may go up some I think other teams guards would much rather check Wagner than Fland or Davis.
That does not count. Last year means nothing. I hope no ill will toward him but he the perfect example why not everyone whos a 5 star should get drafted

One thing Arkansas fans are loving right now and I can’t blame them, they love being talked about for the first time in 30 years. It has to really be a deflated feeling when the media and all sports personalities were like, Arkansas Cal? What? Just that resounding theme that Arkansas is a small regional program and people can’t believe Cal was thrown so far down the national landscape.

But like I said, at least they’re being talked about with Kentucky’s image for a few years. It’s more than they’ve ever really had so, it’s a win for them I guess. Smaller programs kill me, always trying to be relevant and so bothered when they’re not.

This is great. Cal will play him at point guard over Fland, and that's not a good thing for Arkansas. Plus, Cal likely goes with a three guard lineup with Davis at the 3, putting Knox on the bench.

That's going to lead to turmoil.

This is beautiful.

Word was he promised Knox starting/major pt. That means thiero is getting screwed and a few more too.

If he started Edwards over thiero, he'll easily start Knox over him too.

Going to be hilarious watching the turmoil towards the end of the season and seeing their body language in Nashville indicating they just want the season over. Same thing we saw the last 4 years or so.

Thank GOD maybe the simping for Wagner and Thiero will stop from our BBN'ers. and no matter what you seen on Thiero's list, we werent making an effort to recruit him so he just had us on there to boost his list, probably trying to get U of Calipari to bid more NIL. Pope didnt want them and I dont blame him, they havent been through traditional practices, traditional game planning, running zones, presses etc. They'd basically be freshmen again and if you are going to do that, might as well go for the players you want.
Excellent point, Pope going after all of these 5th Year seniors and defensive monsters is so great to me!!! How much better did we look with four or five shooters on the floor, and those two are not.

I hate to admit it but Wagner makes them so much better. What I saw with Wagner was a player that could get to the basket with ease. Those shots he short armed last year, won’t happen this year. He will be a year stronger and he will probably one of the top guards in the SEC if, yes if,he gets to play and not sit the bench or not get hurt.
Don't think he will distribute as much as he should to get his( like he did three times in a row during Oakland game ) at the expense of team ball, and will want to show new freshmen how it's done.

Word was he promised Knox starting/major pt. That means thiero is getting screwed and a few more too.

Going to be hilarious watching the turmoil towards the end of the season and seeing their body language in Nashville indicating they just want the season over. Same thing we saw the last 4 years or so.
Hard to believe Adou went there. Stockholm syndrome I guess.

My God I kept saying look at their body language!!!! It tells all and you can see it big time in that Oakland game like oh well it's over no need to pull a muscle. Straight from the top- hey your draft potential is so much more important than these stupid tournament games kid you've done great,.our mission is greater than these scores

This is great. Cal will play him at point guard over Fland, and that's not a good thing for Arkansas. Plus, Cal likely goes with a three guard lineup with Davis at the 3, putting Knox on the bench.

That's going to lead to turmoil.

This is beautiful.
Another piece and they have a very strong team. I think Wagner will greatly improve, just turned 19. Wagner and Fland are the only thing close to a point guard they have, they cant play 40 minutes a game. This was a big pick up for them. You are happy about Knox sitting? They only have 8 players. Why will he sit. Davis is going to play 40 minutes?

I personally think it would have been better for Wagner to go elsewhere.

I wonder if Cal will start him over Fland or not.
I agree
I also think he could’ve been a lot better with the right development
DJ got a lot of flack. I remember reading an article ..or maybe I’m misremembering…that he asked for either Reed or Rob to take his starting spot. Or maybe he offered it for the sake of the team. I don’t know
I do know I feel like he was unfairly trashed.

Reactions: susan2361
Parrish has Arkansas at #16 and Kentucky is outside his top 26.
I guess we better go ahead and mail an NCAA first round runner up participation trophy to Fayetteville then. Oh wait, they don't give trophies for first round NCAA losses? Well, then Arkansas will just have to start hanging those in the rafters now.

Sure you are! Arkansas fans lol. Absolutely starving for relevancy. I would too, anything UK that could possibly rub off on that regional program and make it seem national for a few years. I don’t blame you.

Unless you’re not Arkansas and some other marginal program. I noticed you’re too ashamed of your program to admit it!!
So you benched Mike Mc-D for this alias while telling us all to take a break, LOL, What a mess.

Will this alias go the way of UKgrad24, Jeff2Reed, 2stepshep, etc,. etc. ?

Seek help.

Reactions: Doodah859
My God I kept saying look at their body language!!!! It tells all and you can see it big time in that Oakland game like oh well it's over no need to pull a muscle. Straight from the top- hey your draft potential is so much more important than these stupid tournament games kid you've done great,.our mission is greater than these scores

It was that same body language last few years. I don't even think they were focused on the draft because the same guys played hard and often through injuries. They just hated cal and the situation by the end. That's why we lost even moreso than our awful x and os.

Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
A known UK hater has us outside of HIS top 25 poll? Well, it's over.

Yea Gary isn’t exactly a huge supporter of UK athletics. And what’s funny about it is people would be surprised to know why he’s always hated UK. Goes back further than when we poached Calipari. He has been against UK since the 90’s.

Rich who is Mike-McD and why are the usual suspects calling me by that name? Similar posting styles? Don’t get it.

Yea Gary isn’t exactly a huge supporter of UK athletics. And what’s funny about it is people would be surprised to know why he’s always hated UK. Goes back further than when we poached Calipari. He has been against UK since the 90’s.

Rich who is Mike-McD and why are the usual suspects calling me by that name? Similar posting styles? Don’t get it.
No clue. @Mike-McD is a poster on here. I guess they think it's you? But consider the source. Cold stout beer is also

Cardsstink
Blue Cephus
Dubya C Dubya
Blue Tsunami
Baller Cal
Cold Stout Beer
Dude Luv
Jload22

No clue. @Mike-McD is a poster on here. I guess they think it's you? But consider the source. Cold stout beer is also

Cardsstink
Blue Cephus
Dubya C Dubya
Blue Tsunami
Baller Cal
Cold Stout Beer
Dude Luv
Jload22

Yea weird poster. I try to just keep my distance.

I’d also add Gary is notoriously bad at his picks. Early on he couldn’t be objective to save a life and was a yes man beat writer. He is a decent guy though believe it or not. I just think he’s another in a long line of guys that shouldn’t be working in any capacity for college basketball. I could name at least 15 posters here who would do much better. Always makes you wonder how some get the jobs they do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT