ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Case Scenario: 2017-18

Washington, Vanderbilt and Richards have already put their name in for the 2018 draft. Just waiting to hear if they hire agents.

That is a NIT roster. They will likely go 17-14 as there just isn't much there. I think I'm going to focus on my other school UC this year. I normally follow both teams but this year I'm much more exicted about UC, and UC is a 7-10 seed type team.....

I see a tourney team but more than anything else when I look at that roster I see a solid foundation for a national title team after you add the 2018 class...

Quade Green/Shai
Barker/Shai
PJ Washington
Vanderbilt/Wenyen
Richards/SKJ/Tai

I think Smith has to be a priority at this point. Johnson as well. We need another guard/sf for rotation purposes.

If we pull Bamba in, at least our front court will be very talented and deep, but very young.
Our back court will be very thin without Diallo.
What about Brad

That is a NIT roster. They will likely go 17-14 as there just isn't much there. I think I'm going to focus on my other school UC this year. I normally follow both teams but this year I'm much more exicted about UC, and UC is a 7-10 seed type team.....

Sweet, good bye.
First off that is not a NIT roster. So many pussies on this board who bitch and complain if we don't have 5 NBA type talents starting and 5 more coming off the bench. We will be loaded next year, just remains to be seen how loaded we are. Should finalize in next couple weeks.
Either way, Diallo is doing exactly what I would have my son do. Get feedback for next year and if by chance you workout for a few teams and one of them says we will take you in the first round then GOODBYE.
I don't think that was the plan initially and that he somehow planned on using UK all along. I think he has made huge strides these 4 months and wants to see where he stands.
The fans that are ripping him (some are way over the top) are idiots and also hypocritical.

We are going to add at least two more guys and hopefully Diallo returns.

If we add no one else, we have nine guys. This would be the rotation, most likely:

G Green/Gilgeous-Alexander
G Gilgeous-Alexander/Baker
F Vanderbilt/Washington
F Washington/Gabriel
F Richards/Killeya-Jones/Wynyard

That will be a good passing team. Should rebound well. Decent shooting (Green, SGA, and Baker can hit the 3). We should be good defensively. A little offensively challenged and so very young. I think that team makes the tourney, but probably in the 8-11 seed range. I would expect an early exit.

On the bright side, a lot of those guys should be back and have lots of experience. 2018-19 could be a great year.

ADVERTISEMENT