All-American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Quade Green/Shai
Barker/Shai
PJ Washington
Vanderbilt/Wenyen
Richards/SKJ/Tai

I think Smith has to be a priority at this point. Johnson as well. We need another guard/sf for rotation purposes.

If we pull Bamba in, at least our front court will be very talented and deep, but very young.
Our back court will be very thin without Diallo.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Could be shaky.

My hopes have been set on 2019 and Diallo nor Bamba would be on that team anyway.

Quade Green/Shai
Barker/Shai
PJ Washington
Vanderbilt/Wenyen
Richards/SKJ/Tai

I think Smith has to be a priority at this point. Johnson as well. We need another guard/sf for rotation purposes.

If we pull Bamba in, at least our front court will be very talented and deep, but very young.
Our back court will be very thin without Diallo.
I'd rather have Baker than Drew Barker.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With that roster alone, with no other additions, I think that team would be very dangerous by March. Not FF level dangerous but S16. Problem would be we would lose early big games and finish in the top 4 of the SEC. They would probably be an 8-10 seed. Still, no one would want to see us on their side of the bracket. There are still 6-7 potential NBA players on that roster.

That team would have won the SEC last year. Next season the SEC is going to be UP and that lineup will be the second or third best.

For all those saying that is an NIT roster you are idiots. There are 5-7 guys on there that will be drafted. We may be young but there is huge tallent. It will take a great coaching job again but that roster has tallent.

Reactions: spotter34
All premature at this point. Btw, a lot of the posters want multi year players. Don't bitch now if you get your wish. You can't have it both ways.

This proposed team, without Diallo, will be the first time UK will have no Top 10 OAD in freshman class. We better get Bamba.

All premature at this point. Btw, a lot of the posters want multi year players. Don't bitch now if you get your wish. You can't have it both ways.
I think you could to some degree. Recruit elite bigs and PGs and multi year wings that are less coveted by the NBA.

Reactions: Brando Mac
That team would have won the SEC last year. Next season the SEC is going to be UP and that lineup will be the second or third best.

For all those saying that is an NIT roster you are idiots. There are 5-7 guys on there that will be drafted. We may be young but there is huge tallent. It will take a great coaching job again but that roster has tallent.

2014 lost 10 games with a better recruiting class that this. A team with nothing but freshmen takes a while to come together, especially without a transcendent talent who can take over a game and deliver wins.

Reactions: qwesley
This proposed team, without Diallo, will be the first time UK will have no Top 10 OAD in freshman class. We better get Bamba.
Bob, I think he is coming. But if he doesn't, Cal will make it work. There is no dominant team next year. You don't think there is as much talent on next year's team as South Carolina had this year?

The roster we have coming is a great one. We will be a team to be reckoned with come March. With the possibility of a couple more recruits( Smith, Knox, cam, Bamba) to be added, I look forward to the season ahead

But isn't that what is happening this year?
Diallo is likely gone and it is hard to be optimistic about JV being here more than one with his athleticism. But Baker is the type if he does not get recruited over and leave.

Let's say that we miss out on Bamba, Knox and Diallo goes to the NBA and this is the roster we have for next year. We make the NIT and lose in the first game or second round in the NIT. Would that be enough for the BBN to complain loud enough against the OAD method? Will that put the BBN over the top against the OAD? Just curious when enough is enough.

Let's say that we miss out on Bamba, Knox and Diallo goes to the NBA and this is the roster we have for next year. We make the NIT and lose in the first game or second round in the NIT. Would that be enough for the BBN to complain loud enough against the OAD method? Will that put the BBN over the top against the OAD? Just curious when enough is enough.
Lmao. Sorry, not going to the NIT. Zero chance. ZERO. And enough is enough? As in four final fours in 7 years and a title?

Reactions: Brando Mac
If the OP is the true final roster for next year, which I don't think it will be, the pundits will be out in full force.

Lmao. Sorry, not going to the NIT. Zero chance. ZERO. And enough is enough? As in four final fours in 7 years and a title?

lol I love how people know for a FACT that a team will or won't go to the NIT. No one knows what will happen. It's all speculation. I was catering to the OP. This board has black or white posters regarding the OAD. Either they support it or they hate it. Obviously, my post was in regards to see "IF" we do go to the NIT will that cause people who are for the OAD start to be opposed to it. It's quite simple really.

lol I love how people know for a FACT that a team will or won't go to the NIT. No one knows what will happen. It's all speculation. I was catering to the OP. This board has black or white posters regarding the OAD. Either they support it or they hate it. Obviously, my post was in regards to see "IF" we do go to the NIT will that cause people who are for the OAD start to be opposed to it. It's quite simple really.
Well how about we just go a step farther and say what if half the team will be ineligible next season? Will we have a winning record?

Cal knew this was coming, that's why he calmed the masses beforehand with his tweet last week about the staff still recruiting for next season.

I always thought Cameron Johnson was a longshot until Diallo declared. Now, there's 30 minutes a game potentially up for grabs, so you have to think Cal will close the deal with him if Diallo leaves. Losing Diallo's familiarity with the system and closeness with the upcoming freshmen would hurt, but replacing him with a double-digit scorer from a major conference would be a good a trade-off as we could hope for.

Add an impact 2-guard (I think we'll either have Diallo or Johnson) along with Bamba and things are looking pretty good.

Was a title enough to convince the doubters that it's a great system? If not, why would an NIT make supporters jump ship?

Look at the body of work. If you don't think that's successful, this may not be for you.

Worst case scenario: Cal leaves after the first game, Vanderbilt is out for the year because of his ankle, Gabriel transfers, SKJ transfers, Lumberjack transfers, Diallo is the first pick of the 2017 NBA draft, Bam signs with two agents, UK hires Clappy as thier new coach, everyone else on the roster gets hurt, and worst of all...Brad leaves with his dad.

Reactions: Cardsstink
Yeah, then we only will have 6 Mcdonalds all Americans and 7 five star players lol.
Which is phenomenal and we are blessed every year to continue to get them. But if you think OP's line up screams deep run in the tourney in which we are accustomed to, you will be disappointed.

That being said, that won't be our final roster imo.

Reactions: Calsthebomb
ADVERTISEMENT