ADVERTISEMENT

Worse name ever in baseball.........

Big_Blue_1018

Junior
Oct 5, 2014
I know this is mainly about Kentucky baseball but did yall hear the new name for the Lexington Legends? They are now called the Counter Clocks......Please tell me this is a joke.

I mean... they tried, but if you have to explain it because no one gets it then it is probably not a good name.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
I dig it. So stupid when you originally hear about it that it grabs your attention then when they explain it, it makes complete sense. Plus that logo is just phallic enough to where some people will NEED to buy that merch, me included.

This is so stupid. Why did they have to get rid of a name that they've been using for the last 20+ seasons and they've built a brand out of?

I mean, is this team going to play Coldplay's "Clocks" before every game?

My larger concern is what the Counter Clocks/Legends do to stay in business without a major league affiliation. Crowds have not been great ever since MLB pulled the plug (giving me a big reason to hate Rob Manfred).

This is so stupid. Why did they have to get rid of a name that they've been using for the last 20+ seasons and they've built a brand out of?

I mean, is this team going to play Coldplay's "Clocks" before every game?

My larger concern is what the Counter Clocks/Legends do to stay in business without a major league affiliation. Crowds have not been great ever since MLB pulled the plug (giving me a big reason to hate Rob Manfred).

I think for one, the stadium needs an overhaul. It had gotten down right nasty the last few years. Move to turf was a good decision, even though I hate turf in baseball. I am afraid though whatever changes come will be in vain. I just dont see enough support for an independent team to last in Lexington.

Reactions: KYExtemper
I think for one, the stadium needs an overhaul. It had gotten down right nasty the last few years. Move to turf was a good decision, even though I hate turf in baseball. I am afraid though whatever changes come will be in vain. I just dont see enough support for an independent team to last in Lexington.
It's really a shame that Lexington could never become the Reds Single A affiliate.

That would have been awesome. Plus, it would have made a ton of sense to have them in Lexington with the AAA team in Louisville.
Yeah, I've read where it didn't happen because of how far Lexingyon is from the other teams in the Reds A league.

Yeah, I've read where it didn't happen because of how far Lexingyon is from the other teams in the Reds A league.

Kinda makes sense. But the farthest A league is in Florida. Daytona I believe. The other A league is in Dayton, the AA team is in Chattanooga.

Kinda makes sense. But the farthest A league is in Florida. Daytona I believe. The other A league is in Dayton, the AA team is in Chattanooga.
They aren't moving Dayton to Lexington that's for sure. Dayton has the longest streak of home game sell-outs in professional sports. Over 20 years worth.

They aren't moving Dayton to Lexington that's for sure. Dayton has the longest streak of home game sell-outs in professional sports. Over 20 years worth.

I know that. That wasnt really the discussion anyway. Me and the KYEXTemper were saying how it would have been better for the Legends if they were associated with Cincinnati.

Perhaps (if not a joke) they named them the Counter Clocks so that if they performed badly enough, they could change the name during the bad times to the Counter Productives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT