ADVERTISEMENT

WKU to Rupp Arena

It's going to feel like the 90s again in about two years when we're playing Louisville, Indiana, St. John's, and local Kentucky-area teams.

I love what Pope is doing so far. If he finishes this class with Lanier and Almonor, I think BBN will be dreaming again all summer. We deserve to dream better than the last four years have allotted.

It's going to feel like the 90s again in about two years when we're playing Louisville, Indiana, St. John's, and local Kentucky-area teams.

I love what Pope is doing so far. If he finishes this class with Lanier and Almonor, I think BBN will be dreaming again all summer. We deserve to dream better than the last four years have allotted.
We went from dreaming every year to hoping the last 5 years.

I'm fine with playing the local state schools.

Is it murray that arrogantly wont agree just to come to Rupp?

Western has some prick fans and officials too. Glad to see we can beat their asses thus season.

Have family that went to Murray, grew up close to the campus, always pulled for them until….

I was shocked to see how awful their fans are. Murray St. fans think they’re on level with teams like Louisville in the state and they do not support Kentucky to the extent you’d think. I always thought Murray St. fans were just UK fans that rooted for their local small university, no sir. Many of them hate UK as much as much as any major program does. Knowing how much this state is controlled by UK fans top to bottom it was always shocking to me.

Murray St. is a small piss ant program that has no significance academically or athletically. Why they even begin to even look the way of UK is beyond me. I hope they get slaughtered in every game now. Im sure 90% of Murray Kentucky is all blue, but the 10% that are true Murray fans can kiss my kosher ass.

Have family that went to Murray, grew up close to the campus, always pulled for them until….

I was shocked to see how awful their fans are. Murray St. fans think they’re on level with teams like Louisville in the state and they do not support Kentucky to the extent you’d think. I always thought Murray St. fans were just UK fans that rooted for their local small university, no sir. Many of them hate UK as much as much as any major program does. Knowing how much this state is controlled by UK fans top to bottom it was always shocking to me.

Murray St. is a small piss ant program that has no significance academically or athletically. Why they even begin to even look the way of UK is beyond me. I hope they get slaughtered in every game now. Im sure 90% of Murray Kentucky is all blue, but the 10% that are true Murray fans can kiss my kosher ass.
All true and shocking to me. I know one that insists UK is afraid of Murray. I laugh.

I vividly remember when the 'Cats played WKU on March 18, 1971 in the NCAA Mideast Regional semi-final game at the University of Georgia arena. Not a good outcome for the 'Cats. WKU went on to play in the Final Four that year.
Those of you who are too young to remember that game should look it up on Jon Scott's superb website (lest we get too haughty about a game this season):

Last edited:

According to my niece, who just graduated from Murray, they have a a lot of students from Illinois
And for some reason Illinois people have always hated us

I vividly remember when the 'Cats played WKU on March 18, 1971 in the NCAA Mideast Regional semi-final game at the University of Georgia arena. Not a good outcome for the 'Cats. WKU went on to play in the Final Four that year.
Those of you who are too young to remember that game should look it up on Jon Scott's superb website (lest we get too haughty about a game this season):

Yeah, and they had the 1971 final four vacated for cheating.

According to my niece, who just graduated from Murray, they have a a lot of students from Illinois
And for some reason Illinois people have always hated us

Some of that, if not most of it, comes from the 84 Mideast regional game played at Rupp. Illinois fans felt that they were cheated by playing at Rupp.

Yeah, and they had the 1971 final four vacated for cheating.
I'm not sure that we are in a position point fingers or otherwise to discount that WKU victory in 1971.

Mark Pope just keeps pouring it on. He has served notice to Kids around the state that not being a 5-star player or being from the state won't preclude you from getting a fair chance to wear the blue and white. He is willing to play another state university to help give them greater visibility and a nice pay day. The guy just really appears focused on aiding the state's athletics. It is also a special act on his part to schedule a game with an HBCU. He seems to know what reaching down to extend a helping hand is all about.

Mark Pope you are the man!!

i could not care less if we ever played IU again. they are like playing a mid-major
i do want the home-n- home back with UNC

Reactions: KT34
Travis Perry is gonna light them up
If he does great, but this isn't about winning or losing. UK is supposed to beat WKU just as you are supposed to beat a 5-year-old. It is about the state's biggest university willingness to play a smaller state university without a court order or an NCAA tournament pairing.

• Haha
Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT