ADVERTISEMENT

With Hammmy D back, how many losses ya think?

I believe this season's record will mirror last season's record in many aspects. Furthermore, UK will take a few good early season lumps before starting to put the pieces together. It's simply what happens when you have teams this young.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I think it could be a lot like 2014.
We will take some lumps early, like neutral site games against Kansas and UCLA. Also we will get beat at West Virginia. I'm guessing 7-9 by sec tournament

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
As others have said there are going to be a few bumps in the road early on but once this team finds confidence and individually gets comfortable in their roles I expect this team team to be scary come crunch time. Just have to hold on long enough for Cal to figure out how to play this team. Mark me down for 6 losses (and an undefeated March).

I believe this season's record will mirror last season's record in many aspects. Furthermore, UK will take a few good early season lumps before starting to put the pieces together. It's simply what happens when you have teams this young.

and inevitably have part of the board meltdown and say we're doomed for years if we drop a game to LSU or Fla lol (which isn't THAT bad )

Smh ‍♂️

Reactions: JonathanUSAF
Crazy talk

Please elaborate why it's crazy? We lost our top 7 rotation not to mention 2 of them are lottery picks. We also lost experience (Hawkins and Willis). Having said that, that team lost 6 games. Your turn now..

Between 8-11. No way we lose less than last years team (6). This team will be similar to the 2013-14 team. That team lost 11 games.
I disagree. This year's team and the 14 team have something in common. They played terrible defense early in 14 some guys were never good defender and we had no one who was an elite defender Randle bad defender short arms. Young only thing he did worse than play d is pass. The Harrison's were decent by the end of the year. WCS would have been elite but he didn't come to play every game same for Poy. The 2 upperclassmen not being Alphas hurt the 14 team to.

This past year we had zero interior depth and for a stretch where we lost several games Bam played mediocre defense especially vs the pic n roll cause he didn't want to foul. Fox actually struggled with this as well Cal favorite thing to yell at both all season was DONT FOUL. We had 2 very good defenders not elite because they were usually so much shorter than the guy they guarded in Briscoe and Hawkins.

This year we have so many interchangeble guys who are unbelievably long and our whole recruiting class has defense listed as a strength. Knox Washington and Richards are considered excellent defenders. Diallo and Vanderbilt are considered Elite defenders with Vanderbilt having the size and length to play elite defense against all five positions, and Diallo able to play elite d against the 1,2,and 3. Plus unlike last season we have the depth to play d fearless of foul trouble. We can even play 6ft8 Washington at the 5 because of his sick 7ft3 wingspan.

The kicker that most miss about this team is we will be a great rebounding team which cost us a couple of games last season. Vanderbilt and Washington were considered the two best rebounding forwards in the country. So in a down year for college basketball I say 3 or 4 losses early.

Please elaborate why it's crazy? We lost our top 7 rotation not to mention 2 of them are lottery picks. We also lost experience (Hawkins and Willis). Having said that, that team lost 6 games. Your turn now..
Reasons we lost 6. Foul trouble, rebounding, very mediocre defense early due to fear of foul trouble, and lack of a rim protector.

This year depth and versatility unlike any we have ever had interchangeable players so foul trouble effects us less, Richards 7ft 250 7ft4 wingspan at center Vanderbilt PJ Washington at forwards considered two of the best rebounders in the country last year and depth should be an amazing rebounding team, Vanderbilt and Diallo considered Elite defenders with Vanderbilt able to play elite defense vs all 5 positions and Diallo able to vs the 1thru 3 and not undersized like Briscoe and Hawkins last season. Every recruit is considered to be a good to great defender. Rim Protection Richards considered a good rim protector Gabriel best help side shot blocker back inside depth so can go for blocks fearlessly and perhaps the longest team wingspan wise Cal has ever had. Oh and college hoops is down this year.

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC
Ok imma officially say 7 losses (most early ish) SEC champs , and the #1 , 2 seed come march.

I think we make the FF- from there ? Who knows

Very very exited tho.

:smiley:

The SEC is going to be tougher than the ACC this year.

In reality, sure. But perception is what matters.

I mean Duke has the "best player in college basketball" and, what, 4 players in the top 25? "Defending champ" Carolina, Louisville brings a lot of folks back, Virginia is coached by the greatest coach of all time not named Coach K, Syracuse will get into the tournament with 87 losses, Notre Dame will play Duke close and end up the second ranked team in the country--that's the best conference in America.

None of that even mentions Clemson and NC State who will be on the bubble all year without any reason to deserve such consideration. Then when Auburn beats Georgia in the opening round of the SEC tournament, that'll put two more ACC schools in and vault Duke back to the #1 overall seed because of all their quality wins.

SEC will be much tougher this year than previous years.
I say 1-2 losses out of conference and 5 conference losses
Making it 6-7 losses

This team is like 13-14 but that team was slightly better on paper, because of higher ranked recruits plus poythress and WCS. However the twins were slightly overrated that year, so this team may be better on the court.

8-10 regular season losses. The seed just depends on TV ratings so it can range from 4-8.

4 losses and don't you forget it. I think this bunch will start clicking in mid December and continues to improve all the way to the final four. To win a NC you need luck, talent and players willing sacrifice. I think this group has all of that and more. The only thing derailing us on our way to our 9th NC is the refs, especially Mr. H.....

Reactions: Dablueman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT