ADVERTISEMENT

Wish We Had Leach Who Rips His Team When Playing Bad

Not sure his team will respond positively to that type of public criticism. Not sure they would respond to it if it were in private either. Play those that should play, sit those that aren’t meeting expectations and let the chips fall where they may. Don’t belittle your whole team in a press conference, keep the problems internal and the praise external.

Not sure his team will respond positively to that type of public criticism. Not sure they would respond to it if it were in private either. Play those that should play, sit those that aren’t meeting expectations and let the chips fall where they may. Don’t belittle your whole team in a press conference, keep the problems internal and the praise external.
Probably right. Players are so soft today it’s pathetic. But if you’ve already tried to baby them and it doesn’t work then they should be ripped a new one.

Probably right. Players are so soft today it’s pathetic. But if you’ve already tried to baby them and it doesn’t work then they should be ripped a new one.

How many kids in a season have to have their bodies broke and torn before the real fat and entitled - the fans - quit saying ridiculous things like this?

You wouldn’t last a single practice - they are the hardest people you know.

After WSU’s loss to Utah last night Leach called his team “fat, dumb, happy and entitled.” Must be nice having a coach who will actually rip into players and not say the same few bs lines after every loss.
Nobody who rips in public those who work for them, serve under them, or play for them deserves much respect. It's a character flaw, not a virtue. The toughest man I ever worked for would light you up in private but never public.

So a coach has to have a title to be a decent coach? Not very many national title winning coaches out there brother, but I do see Leach popping up on the list of top 25 coaches every year. Seven win Stoops, not so much.
Haha. You do know Leach's average wins per year is 7.5 right?? So essentially, you are praising Leach for 7 wind and bashing stoops for getting seven wins. That is ridiculous.

So a coach has to have a title to be a decent coach? Not very many national title winning coaches out there brother, but I do see Leach popping up on the list of top 25 coaches every year. Seven win Stoops, not so much.
Mike Leach is in his 8th year at Washington Stare and had finished in the top 25 exactly 1 time. If that makes him a top 25 coach, have at it.

How many kids in a season have to have their bodies broke and torn before the real fat and entitled - the fans - quit saying ridiculous things like this?

You wouldn’t last a single practice - they are the hardest people you know.
It wasn't a fan saying this, it was their Coach. Pay attention.

Stoops didn’t.. according to most on this board it was Josh Allen and Benny and Edwards doing it without Stoops bc he is too incompetent..haha .. love some of these posters.

Don’t worry basketball starts soon.
Hahaha, we have a lot of that. The truth is probably in the middle somewhere. Great players do often make coaches look good.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
As a Kentucky fan, I want a program. Stoops may not be the one to take full advantage of it, but he is building a program. He is putting talent, more than we’ve ever had, at every single position, especially the lines. So, when the next coach comes in there is a great foundation laid and the team shouldn’t miss a beat.

I don't think that Leach is the type to build a program. He will do great while at the school, but he isn't really laying a foundation for generational success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
Haha. You do know Leach's average wins per year is 7.5 right?? So essentially, you are praising Leach for 7 wind and bashing stoops for getting seven wins. That is ridiculous.

7.8 wins per year prior to this year (3-2 through 5 games this year). 133 wins in 17 seasons. Stoops is averaging 6.0 wins per year (36 through 6 seasons) prior to this year.

We are going to "hit the rest button" about 100 times is what I think I heard in our press conference after the game...and "without a doubt".

After WSU’s loss to Utah last night Leach called his team “fat, dumb, happy and entitled.” Must be nice having a coach who will actually rip into players and not say the same few bs lines after every loss.

So you’d rather have a guy who blames the kids on national TV for the loss instead of accepting responsibility like a man? So if those kids are fat, lazy and unmotivated, who’s fault is it? He’s the coach. Leach is an asshole, narcissist, and not a good enough coach to be either. I wouldn’t want him within 100 miles of UK or my kid.

Having a top 20 team pumping out pro quarterbacks every year, I’ll take the Leach era,Leach has changed college football.Leach is not asshole he is a great guy he just tells it like it is

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
That is why Leach is a world class recruiter. He relates well to people.

Utah plays a bit of defense. Formerly ranked WSU had 13 high powered points. For people who like to lose 67-64, that does not happen against decent defenses.

How many conference and national championships has he won....????
Just asking for a friend!

So you’d rather have a guy who blames the kids on national TV for the loss instead of accepting responsibility like a man? So if those kids are fat, lazy and unmotivated, who’s fault is it? He’s the coach. Leach is an asshole, narcissist, and not a good enough coach to be either. I wouldn’t want him within 100 miles of UK or my kid.
You seem different but I like it. Did you use to bash a lot. If not I apologize

I agree the L's that Leach gets be damned, at least he calls his players out. That must do wonders for recruiting. I love his defensive philosophy too it would really work well in the SEC :sunglasses:
That defensive philosophy was so awful Ohio St hired his DC last year. Just terrible.

Who recruited and coached those players? Who hired all of the other coaches on his staff?

When Clemson almost lost to UNC Dabo Swinney said he got out coached. Who's the better coach?

When has Leach ever taken responsibility for what his team does? Good leaders always take responsibility and then deal with problems internally and privately. This is why Leach always wears out his welcome over time. Nothing is ever his fault, it's always someone else's. Sounds just like somebody else...

Reactions: dvillecatfan
My only question is how do any of us know whether Stoops ripped the team apart inside the locker room and just didn’t make it public?

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT