ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman asking RJ Hampton to reclassify to 2019

"But before high school juniors Jalen Green (ranked No. 2 by 247Sports) and R.J. Hampton (No. 5) agreed to take their first official visits to Memphis last week, the Hampton family had already been in communication with Wiseman and his mother, Donzaleigh Artis, about R.J.'s potential reclassification.

As of now, the guard remains in the class of 2020, but he has not ruled out reclassifying to 2019, partly because Wiseman "is trying to get us to," Rod Hampton said.

“Kansas, Kentucky and Memphis are recruiting R.J. and James," he added, "and those schools have talked to us about reclassifying too, so you never know when it comes down to it.”

Well...

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Cal should just get Carey and few of the next tier guys then recruit Nick Richards to come back and protect the rim

LMAO, you're on a roll today. Did someone piss in your cheerios this morning?
I read your tirade over on the duke board in their 2019 recruiting thread. Looks like they finally blacklisted you.
God I hope so he’s off the chain. Maybe he’s trying to post the most dumbass threads for one day. Maybe he’s been cut off at home. How old are you buckwheat?

Last edited:
Me either on the duke board. I’ve met people of all ages who don’t act like adults. “Children” of 18yrs aren’t children. It doesn’t matter as to your perception of their maturity, they are adults legally, no matter if I take it up or down a notch.
My points stand. People of that age or younger, make forever impacting decisions and society holds them accountable. If you or they dismiss that, a significant price will be paid. Do you argue this point? If not, don’t respond.
Man how old are you 18. Your actually acting like a 12 year old. Maybe Cal is playing Memphis and Wiseman is playing along. Go to bed and try again tomorrow. Maybe it will be a better day sugar.

Me either on the duke board. I’ve met people of all ages who don’t act like adults. “Children” of 18yrs aren’t children. It doesn’t matter as to your perception of their maturity, they are adults legally, no matter if I take it up or down a notch.
My points stand. People of that age or younger, make forever impacting decisions and society holds them accountable. If you or they dismiss that, a significant price will be paid. Do you argue this point? If not, don’t respond.

Somebody hurt you real good ):

Reactions: Ocornett
If Wiseman goes to Memphis, he’s just making a shortsighted decision IMO. Either way, he has to live with it.

Coach Cal will be putting together another great recruiting class and UK will be just fine. I’m not going to get caught up in it or sweat out each little twist and turn. It’s just too much unnecessary drama for me.

Just TRUST IN CAL!!!

If Wiseman goes to Memphis, he’s just making a shortsighted decision IMO. Either way, he has to live with it.

Coach Cal will be putting together another great recruiting class and UK will be just fine. I’m not going to get caught up in it or sweat out each little twist and turn. It’s just too much unnecessary drama for me.

Just TRUST IN CAL!!!

You could do a whole lot worse...

Reactions: Cindog28
Yes, walk away! It's not like UK doesn't have experience in this. Cal may stay connected, like he has in the past with recruits the writing was on the wall with, but I would not in a million years let Penny benefit from this.

He didn't just call a friend casually. Good grief, he went to campus to wait for him. BTW, the campus he wants RJ to reclass & play at. You think he just decided to do that? He knows what he is doing & those advising him do also.

Wiseman's mom & RJ parents have been discussing it. Hmmm...wonder why?

#geturheadoutofsand

I think Cal knows more then we know so he will have a path to what he needs. He wasn't born yesterday.

What a psycho [laughing]

Terrible post, btw.

I'm 45 years old and I can honestly say that at 18, life hasn't had its way with you yet.
Hell, even at 30 it really hasn't usually slapped the crap out of you yet.
So in that arena, yes, 18 year olds are still kids. Sure, they're classified as adults when they turn 18, but they are still kids.
You'll figure that out some day.
And don't try to punk me by telling me not to respond, that bs doesn't work for me. Have an adult conversation for once.

Last edited:
They aren’t children. Kids that age go to combat, have jobs, families.. Don’t minimalize people and impactful decisions made in their teens. I understand hindsight and maturity, but to call them children is dumb.
You don’t agree, look at teens in jail tried as adults. Go ahead, argue, look at the children, society should, I meant... These aren’t children

James Wiseman is 17.

R.J. Hampton is 17.

Jalen Green is 16.

Noticing a pattern yet, smart guy?

I can't speak for others but as for me I'm not in any anguish at all. Nor am I worried about Penny getting one on Cal. I'm just stating the facts in this recruitment. It is what it is. UK will be fine.

If you say so. Seem kind of worked up to me.

Pennywise trying to lure more innocent children into the sewers.

Don't do it R.J.!!!! You won't float down there. The clown is lying to you.

I felt it was strange for penny to sit in on Cals inhome visit. I know coaches sit in on college coaches visit to school but at the inhome i thought was odd.
Just get a big to rebound and block shots, leaving scoring to everyone else

Wasn't that the in-home when Penny was still JW's coach, before Penny took the Memphis job?

Maybe he truly has made up his mind yet.

Not every recruitment features some strange conspiracy to make Cal look bad.

Nah, this is all planned out by the mastermind, Penny Hardaway, and executed by 16 and 17 year old CHILDREN to rub it in the face of one of the most powerful figures in basketball. Keep up.

Wasn't that the in-home when Penny was still JW's coach, before Penny took the Memphis job?
Yes, your right. I just never heard of a aau coach sitting in on a inhome visit at the players house. Like i said it was probably nothing, just felt odd when even way back then the rumours were he would be Memphis next coach once they fire tubby.

Yea, I smell a rat in all of this. If Penny is asking Wiseman string UK along to drive home a recruiting win for Penny...I hope it backfires like crazy on the kid.
I just can't see this. K and company having recruits do that is one thing. UK as taken nothing for granted so what good does it do. Wiseman to Memphis is second best scenario for us. Wiseman goes to a non competitive school. We steal Carey from Duke and Hurt from Kansas and go win a back to back title!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT