ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman asking RJ Hampton to reclassify to 2019

It makes you wonder considering they both were on a trip to that other place. Kentucky will be fine either way since Cal has a ton of playing time for which ever big wants to man up.

Reactions: gracetoyou
Good grief! After reading that if anyone really doesn't see what's going on then I dont know how to help you.

Wiseman is NOT trying to get RJ to reclass & come to UK. If I'm Cal...I just simply walk away from the kid & not let Penny benefit from it.

There has to be more to the Wiseman situation. It has felt like UK was considered the leader forever until Penny took the job, which is understandable. The thing that seems off to me is that UK is still giving the recruitment maximum effort. Cal isn't going to let Wiseman or Penny let him look like he is getting played. That is how it has appeared on the surface, but the reality is I'm not sure any of us really know. I've been hoping we would move on from him for awhile, but to fair I'm speaking with no real knowledge of the situation apart from what I've read on here.

Good grief! After reading that if anyone really doesn't see what's going on then I dont know how to help you.

Wiseman is NOT trying to get RJ to reclass & come to UK. If I'm Cal...I just simply walk away from the kid & not let Penny benefit from it.
Walk away from the kid? UK may not get Wiseman but Calipari has been recruiting him for a long while. A heavy regarded recruiting analyst just mentioned that he thinks KY is very much in the picture. So Wiseman says something to a friend about reclassifying and we should give up? Again, we may not get him but I have seen several last second shots in my life.

Reactions: RonEJones
Walk away from the kid? UK may not get Wiseman but Calipari has been recruiting him for a long while. A heavy regarded recruiting analyst just mentioned that he thinks KY is very much in the picture. So Wiseman says something to a friend about reclassifying and we should give up? Again, we may not get him but I have seen several last second shots in my life.
Cal’s not walking away. That’s why he was in Memphis around the same time Wiseman joined Hampton and Green on campus.

Yes, walk away! It's not like UK doesn't have experience in this. Cal may stay connected, like he has in the past with recruits the writing was on the wall with, but I would not in a million years let Penny benefit from this.

He didn't just call a friend casually. Good grief, he went to campus to wait for him. BTW, the campus he wants RJ to reclass & play at. You think he just decided to do that? He knows what he is doing & those advising him do also.

Wiseman's mom & RJ parents have been discussing it. Hmmm...wonder why?

#geturheadoutofsand

He said it while on a visit to Memphis. I don’t think cal wants to be strung along again. I don’t care what any analyst says that article speaks for itself. Also RAtface can’t be too happy one of his top nba players is helping Memphis. Further evidence he might be or is close to being done:

Wait a second, he may be the only player to ever officially announce that he is NOT reclassifying and about a month later “he hasn’t made up his mind”? WHAT?

Yes, walk away! It's not like UK doesn't have experience in this. Cal may stay connected, like he has in the past with recruits the writing was on the wall with, but I would not in a million years let Penny benefit from this.

He didn't just call a friend casually. Good grief, he went to campus to wait for him. BTW, the campus he wants RJ to reclass & play at. You think he just decided to do that? He knows what he is doing & those advising him do also.

#geturheadoutofsand
Why doesn't Wiseman go ahead and commit to Memphis? What's t benefit in waiting?

These guys want to get to the NBA. PT is going to heavily weigh into their decision. I would bet Penny has guaranteed them all the PT they want. Can Cal? Waiting till after the NCAAT may answer that question depending how many spots we open up. Of course it's always advantageous to go with a proven winner. ;)

Wiseman wants talent with him at Memphis. He's not telling Penny no. Hopefully Cal realizes this.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I’m not the sort of person that often uses the phrase “read between the lines,” but that gap between the lines has been screaming “Wiseman is not coming to UK” for months now.

Cal doesn't seem to need am assistant tea leaf reader. If he thinks this recruitment is worth his effort then what's the point of 2nd guessing that assessment? He's pretty good at this sort of thing.

I felt it was strange for penny to sit in on Cals inhome visit. I know coaches sit in on college coaches visit to school but at the inhome i thought was odd.
Just get a big to rebound and block shots, leaving scoring to everyone else

Cal doesn't seem to need am assistant tea leaf reader. If he thinks this recruitment is worth his effort then what's the point of 2nd guessing that assessment? He's pretty good at this sort of thing.

Cal has read the tea leaves. That’s why he dove headlong into the recruitment of three other bigs (McDaniels, Stewart, and Nnaji) after Wiseman’s visit. He’s not forfeiting Wiseman’s recruitment, but he’s taking his backup plans way more seriously.

Why doesn't Wiseman go ahead and commit to Memphis? What's t benefit in waiting?

To bring it to a huge dramatic conclusion with UK Memphis and Kansas being supposedly in a dead heat. Expect all kinds of mixed signals to make it look like those three schools are in a big Dead Heat. But in the end he chooses Memphis and it looks like a dramatic huge victory for Penny over 2 blue bloods & 2 HOF coaches.

It's a mental game towards other recruits.

Cal has read the tea leaves. That’s why he dove headlong into the recruitment of three other bigs (McDaniels, Stewart, and Nnaji) after Wiseman’s visit. He’s not forfeiting Wiseman’s recruitment, but he’s taking his backup plans way more seriously.

I really think that's exactly why there was the activity there was after the visit.

Some of you put yourself through way too much anguish over what these children are doing.

Speculation is one thing, but ask yourself why you really care what Cal does? Like, really get worked up at the thought of Penny getting one over on Cal?

As one of my own teenagers reminds me at times, it’s not that deep.

Some of you put yourself through way too much anguish over what these children are doing.

Speculation is one thing, but ask yourself why you really care what Cal does? Like, really get worked up at the thought of Penny getting one over on Cal?

I can't speak for others but as for me I'm not in any anguish at all. Nor am I worried about Penny getting one on Cal. I'm just stating the facts in this recruitment. It is what it is. UK will be fine.

#geturheadoutofsand

I agree with you that it truly appears Wiseman is going to Memphis with this latest info pointing very much in that direction. But, I don't want Cal to just back off recruiting him. Maybe go softer and really go hard after other options but not just quit on such a highly rated recruit he's been after for so long. Remember crazy stuff has happened in the past when we almost lost someone he thought was coming here (Terrence Jones) so who knows what might happen at the last minute.

Does this cancel out him saying he wanted to play with Tyrese Maxey or are we ignoring that? I'm never sure how Rafters math works.

Reactions: westerncat

They aren’t children. Kids that age go to combat, have jobs, families.. Don’t minimalize people and impactful decisions made in their teens. I understand hindsight and maturity, but to call them children is dumb.
You don’t agree, look at teens in jail tried as adults. Go ahead, argue, look at the children, society should, I meant... These aren’t children

Reactions: Ky grandpa
They aren’t children. Kids that age go to combat, have jobs, families.. Don’t minimalize people and impactful decisions made in their teens. I understand hindsight and maturity, but to call them children is dumb.
You don’t agree, look at teens in jail tried as adults. Go ahead, argue, look at the children, society should, I meant... These aren’t children
LMAO, you're on a roll today. Did someone piss in your cheerios this morning?
I read your tirade over on the duke board in their 2019 recruiting thread. Looks like they finally blacklisted you.

LMAO, you're on a roll today. Did someone piss in your cheerios this morning?
I read your tirade over on the duke board in their 2019 recruiting thread. Looks like they finally blacklisted you.
Your point? Do you believe 18 yr olds are children?

Your point? Do you believe 18 yr olds are children?
I've met some that act like it and some that are pretty intelligent for their age.
But a lot of these kids play some pretty childish games. See Marques Bolden for that.
As to my point, maybe take it down a notch. You're pretty fired up for some reason. I can't believe you lasted as long as you did today on the duke board.

Does this cancel out him saying he wanted to play with Tyrese Maxey or are we ignoring that? I'm never sure how Rafters math works.

pro-UK stuff = just speculation, likely a smokescreen, etc.
pro-Memphis stuff = HE GONE, CAL NEEDS TO MOVE ON, OUR PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

Reactions: GonzoCat90
I don't see an issue at all with the article. Wiseman is buddies with the players that are visiting Wiseman's hometown school. Why not go and hang out with your buddies. Hampton himself says that UK is trying to get him to reclassify. No where in the article does it say anything about their thoughts about Memphis. How many times have players come to Big Blue Madness who were supposedly buddies but yet went to different schools. I believe every school visit was "great" that every recruit had. You never hear about a visit that was horrible...

Nothing shows UK fans lunacy like a Wiseman thread. In no world could UK be thought of anything but at worst a co-leader ( and many think THE leader ) in his recruitment yet they write him off LOL. Of all big men we are after we have a better shot at Wiseman then any other besides possibly Tsheibwe .If you ask 100 recruiting analysts where is going 52 would say UK abouts and 48 would say Memphis ( you could flip that number easy too of coarse) But this is going to go to May most likely so Cal will prepare for the worst by signing 3 bigs before then and expect the best .

We need 4 regardless . We need 1-2 elite bigs ( Wiseman , Hurt , Carey ) and 1-2 good multi year guys ( ighieon , Oscar) . As always Cal will get his guys. If Wiseman makes the dumb choice to go to Memphis so be it but to act like this isn't a total toss up is silly.

I've met some that act like it and some that are pretty intelligent for their age.
But a lot of these kids play some pretty childish games. See Marques Bolden for that.
As to my point, maybe take it down a notch. You're pretty fired up for some reason. I can't believe you lasted as long as you did today on the duke board.
Me either on the duke board. I’ve met people of all ages who don’t act like adults. “Children” of 18yrs aren’t children. It doesn’t matter as to your perception of their maturity, they are adults legally, no matter if I take it up or down a notch.
My points stand. People of that age or younger, make forever impacting decisions and society holds them accountable. If you or they dismiss that, a significant price will be paid. Do you argue this point? If not, don’t respond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT