ADVERTISEMENT

Win or lose its been an awesome season.

BigSexyCat

Senior
Nov 29, 2008
Who knows what will happen tonight but even with a loss this season has been one to remember. I hope everyone can keep a positive outlook on this season if a loss were to happen. I've never witnessed a UK team do what this team has done this year.

I refuse to think about or accept a loss tonight!
I have a couch marinating in gasoline.
This post was edited on 3/28 10:38 AM by OldBlueNuts

Originally posted by OldBlueNuts:
I refuse to think about or accept a loss tonight!
I have a couch marinating in gasoline.
This post was edited on 3/28 10:38 AM by OldBlueNuts
^^^^^^This made me laugh.

Originally posted by musrat59:

If you are true blue, you gotta believe.
Ok, John Short.

An intelligent man has to face realiity, that the team they pull for isnt perfect. Losses happen, upsets are inevitable and no such thing as guaranteed wins.

Originally posted by wild mandu:
Woke up with a bad feeling about the game. Hope I'm wrong.
So we don't have a chance? I heard same thing about W Va game, I had marked Ky as a loss had to re do my bracket after that game. Should I wait?

Sacrifice a chicken, say 10 Hail Marys, and repeat after me "Come Out Thou Foul Spirit ... IN THA NAME OF GEEZUSS!!!"

This post was edited on 3/28 11:04 AM by IdaCat

Just like West Virginia got all high and mighty by beating Maryland, ND beat a 7 seed in The Shockers.
We are not Maryland and we are not Wichita St.

We are a rare animal that comes around once every 75 yrs or so.

Notre Dame is in a helluva lot of trouble.

Our size, athleticism and depth will reek havoc on the smaller, shorter bench leprechauns.

This post was edited on 3/28 11:07 AM by KWilt43atbuzz

Originally posted by Dallas-Wild:
Please go back to sleep...then wake up again UK by 9 tonight
laugh.r191677.gif

That might do the trick!

Had a similar 'epiphany' a couple of days ago. If they happen to lose without winning a title, it's still been an incredible run. Facts are Facts: the best team rarely wins the tourney...one needs to look no farther than last season for proof of that. Don't get me wrong: I'll be sick if we lose because we are the best team, and any loss would be to a 'lesser team', but these guys have been incredible this season. The key for me being truly satisfied if we don't win the title is to at least make the Final Four and earn, at minimum, a banner in Rupp to cement their legacy as one of the greatest teams in UK history. Anything can happen in the Final Four, but as Cal might say, "I like my team!" and their chances!

This post was edited on 3/28 12:01 PM by BlueManToo

Originally posted by K-Town Kat:
Those with a bad feeling still haven't completely grasped how truly special this team is we are witnessing.
I agree with ^^this.
Although I don't think the will lose, IF they do they'll be no "it's been a great season" from me. It will, without a shadow of a doubt, be the most disappointing, gut wrenching, terrible loss in UK history. to not think that is just not facing reality. To do what this team has done and NOT finish it off with #9 will be a failure - plain and simple. The players, I'm sure would even admit that.

To lose in the Regional Final to a vastly inferior team would make this entire season a failure. That much is very true. Every single one of you knows this in your heart.

Having said that, I don't think there is any way Kentucky will lose this game. They are on a mission, with a great coach, and are both the best and most talented team anyone has seen in decades.

Think of our 1978, 1996, and 2012 Kentucky teams for comparison. Those 3 great UK teams may have been tested at some point, but there was NO way in Hell that they were going to lose in any NCAA Tournament game. It's called being on a mission, folks. The others out there simply don't have it.

The same could be said for our 1958 and 1998 Kentucky teams, by the way.

Go Big Blue!

There is no moral victory or consolation prize if we lose tonight. We have to win this game.

Originally posted by IdaCat:
There is no moral victory or consolation prize if we lose tonight. We have to win this game.
As others have said, to come this far and lose to any team would be a catastrophe, given what this team has accomplished, and much better they are than every other team in the nation.

Originally posted by JC CATS:
So we don't have a chance? I heard same thing about W Va game, I had marked Ky as a loss had to re do my bracket after that game. Should I wait?
How does "woke up with a bad feeling" equal "we don't have a chance"? Lol...I don't think he was implying anything like that.

Hey have tall seen the avengers???? Well remember when the Incredible Hulk takes Loki and by the legs and repeatedly slams him side to side against the ground. This is what I am envisioning and the beast is getting stronger, hungrier and more unforgiving.

Originally posted by Freelander777:

How does "woke up with a bad feeling" equal "we don't have a chance"? Lol...I don't think he was implying anything like that.
Most certainly not.

This is the first time I've been "worried" during the tournament. That's what it is. I didn't like the WVU matchup because I didn't want to play thugball two games in a row, but I still picked the Cats to win. Not by 39, but ya know...

I've thought all season long that a team going bonkers on offense is the best way to beat UK. It completely negates size, rebounding, athleticism, etc. etc. Notre Dame is the first team capable of doing that.

You would have to be a moron (or a hater) to think we "don't have a chance." That's insane.

Originally posted by BigSexyCat:
Who knows what will happen tonight but even with a loss this season has been one to remember. I hope everyone can keep a positive outlook on this season if a loss were to happen. I've never witnessed a UK team do what this team has done this year.
We probally will never see another ky. team have a perfect regular season plus make it to elite eight without a loss and maybe another title. This is one special team and has took us on a great ride.

As a fan, it has been a terrific year! I just want this team to finish it off and make history for themselves.

Originally posted by IdaCat:

Sacrifice a chicken, say 10 Hail Marys, and repeat after me "Come Out Thou Foul Spirit ... IN THA NAME OF GEEZUSS!!!"

This post was edited on 3/28 11:04 AM by IdaCat
Not to bring religion into it but you might do better to skip the Hail Mary's against Notre Dame.

Originally posted by Freelander777:

Most certainly not.

This is the first time I've been "worried" during the tournament. That's what it is. I didn't like the WVU matchup because I didn't want to play thugball two games in a row, but I still picked the Cats to win. Not by 39, but ya know...

I've thought all season long that a team going bonkers on offense is the best way to beat UK. It completely negates size, rebounding, athleticism, etc. etc. Notre Dame is the first team capable of doing that.

You would have to be a moron (or a hater) to think we "don't have a chance." That's insane.
ND hit 10 three's and scored 56 points...AT HOME against UVA. UVA is the only team D that I respect enough to compare them to UK...so you just think about that and use some logic of what is more likely tonight. ND goes off or UK holds them in check EVEN IF they hit quite a bit of 3's?

You are. I was a mess all week before the WVU game, and they proved me completely wrong.

If ND wins tonight, it will by far be the biggest physical upset in the history of any sport. We have the advantage in literally every aspect of this game except a couple of offensive categories (3 pt % and overall shooting %). Top offenses rarely even meet their averages against top defenses (assuming the defense shows up).

Losing this game would completely shock me. So much so that I may not be able to overcome it. They are so small and non-deep compared to us that unless they are popping absolutely absurd shots from everywhere and somehow turn on the best defensive effort they've ever had, I simply cannot see them pulling this off or truthfully even staying close.

We have 3 huge players inside to start the game - they have one big guy (Auguste) that matches our smallest starting big - Lyles - in height and size, and the rest are half a foot or more shorter than the other two. The size mismatches alone on 2 of their 3 players with our starters is enough right there to cause a ton of issues.

Then our two guards - having already been through this last year - have an inch each on the other 6'5" guard (Grant), and 5" on the little 6'1" Jackson.

And our depth - remove the starters and we lose almost nothing in size except Ulis, and even with the size loss we gain some speed and PG vision.

So to close this rant, again, if we lose, it will be because we literally have the worst game of the year, and they go insane. There's simply no way they will be able to contain us inside, especially since they claim to not even plan on doubling the post.

This post was edited on 3/28 3:19 PM by TheDude73

^^^^^^^^I had not heard that, so they are not going to double in the post? Really? Wow, if that's the case we should score at will near the basket.

Originally posted by wildcatwelder:

^^^^^^^^I had not heard that, so they are not going to double in the post? Really? Wow, if that's the case we should score at will near the basket.
Yep, they said it in the press conference yesterday. But I'll believe that when I see it, especially when Karl makes his move on Auguste and then flicks it to WCS or Lyles for a jam because they're defended by a couple of 6'5" dudes (which just makes me giggle - they have no way to defend WCS, Towns AND Lyles at the same time).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT