ADVERTISEMENT

Will we not get a boom and commitment today?

Boom Mad GIF - Boom Mad Angry GIFs

I still don't understand what went wrong there.
The kid brought his family over from GB. My guess in his mind he was always going to take all his visits and travel the USA with his family then make a decision. Pope probably didn't like the uncertainty of him visiting other places so he took the bird in the hand.

Just me guessing I haven't heard that nor do I have any info.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just from everything I have read I would guess UK wanted & needed to fill a position soon and they had 2 options. Osober couldn't make a decision soon as he had other official visits scheduled and family flown in to help him make the decision. Once Osober and Kentucky knew they needed an answer soon Osober wasn't ready so UK moved on.

Reactions: dl51344
It's not all Doom and Gloom. A big Boom that'll shake the Room is on the way.

So pull a Shroom off the Bloom and Loom around. We gettin' ready to go Va-Roooom!

Based on the info that is available (which is honestly just hearsay) it's a very strange ordeal.

Garrison randomly commits without a visit. Osobor arrives and cuts us before noon but still hangs around with the staff.

Jones said Osobor didn’t like the fact Garrison committed yesterday. Guess he doesn’t like competition and or fighting for PT. Maybe KY’s offer wasn’t what he thought he is worth
well garrison isn't much of a replacement IMO and I doubt he does much next season.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
well garrison isn't much of a replacement IMO and I doubt he does much next season.
He played better then any of our freshman bigs last year. How good will he be I don't know. But he has a lot of room to grow from his freshman to soph year!

The kid brought his family over from GB. My guess in his mind he was always going to take all his visits and travel the USA with his family then make a decision. Pope probably didn't like the uncertainty of him visiting other places so he took the bird in the hand.

Just me guessing I haven't heard that nor do I have any info.
This is pretty much exactly what Matt Jones said….we always wanted the first visit and the plan was to push for a commitment on our visit. I think we knew if he went to Washington with the old coach it was very risky to wait on him. He also said it became a “salary cap” issue where we have enough NIL “for one more big player” and the staff wants to spend on the backcourt. He further stated that once the other kid committed we didn’t think the NIL ask was worth it anymore.

Osobor started out at Montana St in the Big Sky and had his breakout this year at Utah St in the MWC, his first as a starter. Garrison, as a freshman, started every game for Oklahoma St in the B12. Much tougher competition. I think Osobor will be better also, but Garrison will have a good chance of being Osobor's equal by the end of the year.

Also we have Carr and Williams so it's not like we don't have a really great 3-man frontcourt. Washington and Louisville, for instance, have a single frontcourt center in Franck Kepnang and James Scott respectively.

Yeah cuz players never improve season to season.

Dude started 29 games last szn as freshman in arguably the best conference but doubt he learned shit.

Jones said Osobor didn’t like the fact Garrison committed yesterday. Guess he doesn’t like competition and or fighting for PT. Maybe KY’s offer wasn’t what he thought he is worth
Maybe Pope won’t promise a starting position like someone else we know?

• Haha
Reactions: H.W.L.
I'm really happy with Garrison after watching some video of him. Plus, pope and brooks coached against him last year and watched him up close. So they have a smarter opinion than we do. I think the only one pope is really okay with waiting on is Robinson. I'm intrigued by the 'apparent' interest in Peterson or Riley reclass. Peterson not listing Arkansas must have been a kick in the balls to Cal.

My wife told me that we can’t expect boom boom every day.

(And I’m getting this here before someone replies, “That’s not what she told me.”)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT