ADVERTISEMENT

Will Levis

If Levis is at the Colts, he’s getting better protection and a top level RB to booot.

I’m in Indiana, and I’m not an AR fan. Low football IQ, physically elite.

Not a bust, but not a savior of a franchise either.

Titans aren't great. They have a new coach, got rid of Derrick Henry. Not sure how many play makers they have around Levis on either side of the ball.

He clearly has a high cieling with his size, arm, athleticism...but he also makes wild throws. Lots of good to even great hall of fame QBs start of the same way. So do a lot of busts.

If Titans can get him some help and coach him to limit the dumb mistakes, he'll be fine. If not, they may move on as a franchise. Just depends on QB crop coming up next few drafts. However, even in that scenario I think Levis gets picked up and given another shot. He's just got to much potential.

Rehabilation tourn with 49ers would be interesting. Learn under Shannahan. Keep an eye on Rams and Stafford getting older, Levis and McVay would be very interesting.

LC will probably be an HC someday. So, there's that possibility.

The possibilities are endless I suppose just by nature of injuries, guys getting older, other QBs being bigger busts or at least not working out in a certain spot. So, I wouldn't call it a career on Levis just yet. Hell, look at Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. Dudes with talent don't just fall out of the league. They may have rough starts, bumps in the road via franchise culture, overall fit, talent or lack thereof around them, and coaching systems. However, ballers ball and in the right spot with the right people things could turn up.

Also, it's important to realize that being a journeyman/backup/stop gap starter in the league isn't really a bad deal at all. I mean there's dozens of dudes who have had good careers, making good money, doing just that.

Last edited:
There is no pro sports team in KY. As the other poster said, some of us live here. No state income tax and everyone wants to move to near Nashville, TN.

The TN Titans are TNs team and have nothing to do with the little team in Knoxville.
I live in Suburbs of Memphis and I follow Levis and the Titans. We only have Professional Car Thieves and Murderers on the West Side of the State.

• Haha
Reactions: sambowieshin
I never understood how he became a starting NFL QB in the first place. Compared to Vandagrifter, he looks like Joe Montana but he never threw a great deep ball at UK consistently, was good with his legs but had a great running back and defense to hide his inadequacies. I always assured he would live out the high life as a career backup

He probably needs to sit for a while and work on decision making. Maybe he can re-emerge like a Darnold.

I was mixed on Vrabel.

He was Jeff Fisher 2.0 in a lot of ways but didn’t have an all time great QB to carry his ass like Field Goal Fisher had. After Steve was done Jeff Fisher was just garbage.

I think with an elite level QB Vrabel would still be in Tennessee.

Yep. Amazing what he did and only had tannehill. Levis was perfect for what they wanted to do and the fit for him couldn't be better.

If im the titans, i draft a cerebral qb and frade levis for whatever you can.

If I'm levis, i beg to go somewhere with a more play action focused game. Not many. Honestly st louis might be his best fit given stafford is undoubtedly on the verge of retirement. He would have to hope mcvey doesn't follow, or hed be in the same shape just years later.

I fckn hate anything to do with Ohio and Indiana so next closest team is in Tenn with a former UK player..
That depends on your generation young whipper snapper 50and 60 browns fans 70 and 80 bengal fans with the brown fans too closest team I Sam wyche was the qb when I became a bengals fan

Yep. Amazing what he did and only had tannehill. Levis was perfect for what they wanted to do and the fit for him couldn't be better.

If I'm levis, i beg to go somewhere with a more play action focused game. Not many. Honestly st louis might be his best fit given stafford is undoubtedly on the verge of retirement. He would have to hope mcvey doesn't follow, or hed be in the same shape just years later.

Detroit as well but hard to see Detroit getting rid of Goff.

Steelers would be great.

Last edited:
In his last 24 games as Titans coach, Vrabel was 6-18.

It's the Titans. He took them to 3 straight playoff seasons and made the afc title game and had the 1 seed one season as well. Tanny was a solid but not spectacular QB.

I think MV should have gotten one more season at least.

• Love
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Will has made a horrible decision in each of the first 3 games. The first 2 games, they could have won. They probably were not winning today.

The O-Line does indeed stink. How is he supposed to do anything when he has zero time and is getting sacked.

He was over rated and over hyped here — same at the pro level , and I called it . He doesn’t see the field for crap — makes bad decisions on win to run or not … he’s just not very good .. ole mayo boy .. least he has big biceps .

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
He was over rated and over hyped here — same at the pro level , and I called it . He doesn’t see the field for crap — makes bad decisions on win to run or not … he’s just not very good .. ole mayo boy .. least he has big biceps .
His first year here he was very good. 10-3, Citrus Bowl win. 24 TDs, 13 INTs. 148 QB rating. He actually had a 151 rating his second year. I'm not a big fan of the Levis slander around here.

His first year here he was very good. 10-3, Citrus Bowl win. 24 TDs, 13 INTs. 148 QB rating. He actually had a 151 rating his second year. I'm not a big fan of the Levis slander around here.

He won 17 games in less than 2 full seasons at UK. Who has done better? I'll wait. (For the other poster, not you as you aren't the one bashing him).

It's the Titans. He took them to 3 straight playoff seasons and made the afc title game and had the 1 seed one season as well. Tanny was a solid but not spectacular QB.

I think MV should have gotten one more season at least.
I don’t think Vrabel sucks, but it was going downhill fast and I don’t get why people act like he’s some elite coach. No other team wanted him either.

That said Callahan looks unimpressive thru three games

Levis hasn't played bad but he keeps making one or two egregious errors each game. It'd 20 to 14 if not for the pick 6.

Titans D hasn't played well today at all either.
That’s been his downside even at UK. Some good stuff in stretches but some really bad decisions in spots that can undo it all. He’s not the qb where you can turn it all over to him in an offense because of his propensity to go berserk every so often. As mentioned above he’s probably better suited for a different offense that wants to play action or something

I don’t know that I’d call it very good. He had a few big games and some highlight moments, but overall was pretty up and down and we won a few games in spite of Levis that year.

Nearly 50% of both his passing yards and passing TDs came from just 3 games: Louisiana Monroe, Tennessee and New Mexico State. In those 3 games, he averaged 386 yards passing, 3.7 TDs and 1 INT.

In the other 9 regular season games, he averaged just 159 yards passing, 1.3 TDs and 1 INT. Those are pretty pedestrian numbers.

I think people are clearly remembering his good play, but not fully remembering the other moments, like 2 picks and a fumble against UT Chattanooga. Or his back to back games against South Carolina and Florida where he had a combined total of 189 yards passing, 1 TD and 2 picks across those 2 games.

Levis has the physical tools to be elite, but doesn’t seem to have the mental grasp of the game to match. I’ll keep rooting for him to figure it out, but I’d say the odds are against that at this point.

The second half of 21 was his best stretch and it was largely due to Coen having him only read one half of the field to eliminate the late reads and throw behind the guy stuff that lead to turnovers in the first half of the season. It wasn’t move the eyes to both sides it was ‘see one side then throw it away’ if nothing was there.

Titans honestly got lucky that Tannehill was able to revive his career there.

Was it luck? I think it was coaching. Tannehill was by far the weakest part of that offense and probably team.

Year before vrabel, they sucked iirc. Then vrabel is hired and they go the conference title game or just short of it.

Fans didn't like vrabel because his offense was considered boring. Guess winning and being a contender isnt exciting on its own.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Was it luck? I think it was coaching. Tannehill was by far the weakest part of that offense and probably team.

Year before vrabel, they sucked iirc. Then vrabel is hired and they go the conference title game or just short of it.

Fans didn't like vrabel because his offense was considered boring. Guess winning and being a contender isnt exciting on its own.
I’m not sure what Titans fans want, but through three games the new offense looks both boring and predictable. And it somehow looks like the OLine got even worse.

I’m not sure what Titans fans want, but through three games the new offense looks both boring and predictable. And it somehow looks like the OLine got even worse.

Imo it's a square peg round hole situation, just like qb. A bunch of guys that were there for the power run/play action game now asked to do wide zone and pass pro.

I get wanting to install your system but you absolutely must tweak your system to fit your personnel. That is not happening and thats why it looks so bad imo.

Imo it's a square peg round hole situation, just like qb. A bunch of guys that were there for the power run/play action game now asked to do wide zone and pass pro.

I get wanting to install your system but you absolutely must tweak your system to fit your personnel. That is not happening and thats why it looks so bad imo.
Whatever the coach is trying to do is a massive failure. It’s like other teams know the plays better than the Titans’ O does.

I don’t know that I’d call it very good. He had a few big games and some highlight moments, but overall was pretty up and down and we won a few games in spite of Levis that year.

Nearly 50% of both his passing yards and passing TDs came from just 3 games: Louisiana Monroe, Tennessee and New Mexico State. In those 3 games, he averaged 386 yards passing, 3.7 TDs and 1 INT.

In the other 9 regular season games, he averaged just 159 yards passing, 1.3 TDs and 1 INT. Those are pretty pedestrian numbers.

I think people are clearly remembering his good play, but not fully remembering the other moments, like 2 picks and a fumble against UT Chattanooga. Or his back to back games against South Carolina and Florida where he had a combined total of 189 yards passing, 1 TD and 2 picks across those 2 games.

Levis has the physical tools to be elite, but doesn’t seem to have the mental grasp of the game to match. I’ll keep rooting for him to figure it out, but I’d say the odds are against that at this point.
That’s a much more precise description than the I offered . I’ll be straight up , I’ve said it here before — I was at the Ole Miss game . Will didn’t show any sign of injury , he was running in 4Q just like he was in 1Q - the biggest injury he had was his pride . He rides the pine in a game that changed the course of our season and I think his toe was probably dinged or something but he hid on us . We lose to SC and then lose to Vandy at home , changing the course of that year . Not the stuff of legends . Like the guy said , some great moments , but enough bone headed bad play to make him simply pedestrian. We had great players around him too .

A trade to Miami would do him a world of good.

Levis may turn out to be Jeff George 2.0: undeniable physical talent but performance never quite lives up to the physical metrics. At UK, he had some GREAT games and made some ridiculously good throws. He also would consistently miss the open WR on the other side of the field, would tend to hold the ball too long and take a sack, would tuck and run prematurely and not keep his eyes down field, would throw 110 mph fastball to the receiver 5 yards away instead of just laying it in there, etc. He definitely had his moments and the team won quite a few games with him at the helm. It's debatable (and impossible to determine) how many of those wins were due to his play vs the defense/Benny/CRod/Wandale, etc.

A trade to Miami would do him a world of good.

Imo miami would be an awful fit. They have a similar quick read passing attack. He just doesn't excel in quick read spread situations. He needs run/play action offense so he is throwing deep with limited routes to read.

That’s a much more precise description than the I offered . I’ll be straight up , I’ve said it here before — I was at the Ole Miss game . Will didn’t show any sign of injury , he was running in 4Q just like he was in 1Q - the biggest injury he had was his pride . He rides the pine in a game that changed the course of our season and I think his toe was probably dinged or something but he hid on us . We lose to SC and then lose to Vandy at home , changing the course of that year . Not the stuff of legends . Like the guy said , some great moments , but enough bone headed bad play to make him simply pedestrian. We had great players around him too .
Disagree with your assessment of whether Levis was really injured. For some injuries, you can’t accurately gauge their impact based on how an athlete performs the rest of that game.

Growing up, I caught an edge when sprinting into the corner to dig out the puck in a hockey game, and I ended up jamming my foot hard into where the ice meets the bottom of the boards. Hurt like hell the moment it happened, but I was able to finish the game fine after getting to the bench for a quick break. When I unlaced my skates afterward, my ankle pretty much instantly started to swell up. The next day, there was no way I was getting my skate back on, much less skating in a game. That’s just the nature of sprains and strains sometimes.

If you watched Levis the next few games he did play in, it was clear that his foot wasn't 100%. Especially the 3 game stretch against Tenn, Mizzou and Vandy. He had pretty much his worst three games in terms of sacks and rushing yards. He averaged 5 sacks and negative 25 rushing yards over those three games.

Levis may have struggled with seeing the field or decision making, but I don’t think you can question his effort.

Disagree with your assessment of whether Levis was really injured. For some injuries, you can’t accurately gauge their impact based on how an athlete performs the rest of that game.

Growing up, I caught an edge when sprinting into the corner to dig out the puck in a hockey game, and I ended up jamming my foot hard into where the ice meets the bottom of the boards. Hurt like hell the moment it happened, but I was able to finish the game fine after getting to the bench for a quick break. When I unlaced my skates afterward, my ankle pretty much instantly started to swell up. The next day, there was no way I was getting my skate back on, much less skating in a game. That’s just the nature of sprains and strains sometimes.

If you watched Levis the next few games he did play in, it was clear that his foot wasn't 100%. Especially the 3 game stretch against Tenn, Mizzou and Vandy. He had pretty much his worst three games in terms of sacks and rushing yards. He averaged 5 sacks and negative 25 rushing yards over those three games.

Levis may have struggled with seeing the field or decision making, but I don’t think you can question his effort.
IMO his limp and foot were sporadic. Sometimes he acted fine , other times not . I’m just not buying what he decided to do the SC game after a week of rest . And it’s a toe . Do what you need to do to play 4 quarters .

• Haha
Reactions: Doodah859
IMO his limp and foot were sporadic. Sometimes he acted fine , other times not . I’m just not buying what he decided to do the SC game after a week of rest . And it’s a toe . Do what you need to do to play 4 quarters .
That’s the nature of turf toe and it’s a serious injury that football players dread getting. There’s a reason that a couple of NFL teams were concerned before the draft about Levis’ toe and whether it might need surgery.

My posts above about his play make it clear that I’m certainly no Levis apologist. It’s fair to critique his level of play. However, I personally think it’s out of bounds to question his character when you are not privy to what the training staff or doctor’s were seeing. Especially when you consider the degree to which turf toe can cause serious problems for an athlete.

Levis always played hard and gave his best effort when he played. I think the Mississippi State game his second year proved that if he could play through an injury, then he would. I see no need to question his character here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT