ADVERTISEMENT

Will Georgia and Anthony Edwards even make the NIT?

How’s it a loss for the program or Crean? Have you ever seen that arena more packed than it was for the ESPN prime time game when UK came to town? Both parties mutually benefited, he used UGA, UGA used him, Crean “signed” a top 5 talent, nothing to see here. Georgia hoops is still gonna be Georgia hoops but I don’t agree with lose/lose.

Ya we won't be getting a Quad 1 win for that road win we got there. At the time they were in the 60's in the NET now they are likely to be in the 90's.

It is amazing to see how many teams cough up 10+ point leads day after day (20 points in this case) and Cal is 275-7 at Kentucky when getting a 10 point lead.

Edwards is averaging 18 points a game on 40% shooting from the field. Nothing to be all that proud of especially on an awful team.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
tom-crean-gif__1__medium.gif

Reactions: musrat59
How’s it a loss for the program or Crean? Have you ever seen that arena more packed than it was for the ESPN prime time game when UK came to town? Both parties mutually benefited, he used UGA, UGA used him, Crean “signed” a top 5 talent, nothing to see here. Georgia hoops is still gonna be Georgia hoops but I don’t agree with lose/lose.
Yeah, its packed everytime we play there. Its a loss when you're trying to grow your program and sign a one and done you can't replace with high usage on what will likely be a losing season.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
No shot at post season unless a miraculous run to SEC tourney title.
NIT has gone away from power 5 who did poorly in conference.

He did get to lead that celebration at halftime when they were up 6 on us down there, so he does have that to reflect on later on in life I suppose.
Yep, he'll always have that one half. He can tell his grandkids he once played against a great program and led them for a half before getting his butt kicked. Those were the days!

Regarding the OP, I think the answer is that the NIT is a likely destination. The problem is partially Edwards and the fact that he is going to demand the ball, and he's been promised the ball I'm sure. He makes some great plays at times but he also takes bad shots, makes bad decisions and doesn't play much defense.

And the other problem is something that has plagued Crean throughout his career- his teams don't defend consistently. They can usually score well. Crean's best Indiana teams could score pretty well. They run decent stuff. But they can't defend their way out of a wet paper bag. That's a huge issue for this current team, and actually having a guy like Edwards out there only makes the issue worse.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
The way things are going Georgia may finish below 500 for the season and Edwards might do like Langford and sit out if they somehow make the NIT

We aren’t making the NIT. The team is a disaster right now. We may win one more game. We have no size and can’t shoot. Defense is bad. Bad all the way around. I didn’t even watch the Mizzou game. Just had a feeling about it. Lol

We aren’t making the NIT. The team is a disaster right now. We may win one more game. We have no size and can’t shoot. Defense is bad. Bad all the way around. I didn’t even watch the Mizzou game. Just had a feeling about it. Lol
I love to be entertained by Crean hope you guys keep him a while

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Georgia is a joke. What a waste of talent. Hammonds and Edwards alone should produce better than 11-9.
Yep both of those guys will be NBA players for a lonnnng time . and they have decent role players. They should be a 10 seed type team but are going to have to fight to make the NIT . LOL. Crean has never been a great coach and that isn't even taking the creepy part into consideration which is real .

Reactions: Ky grandpa

Yeah, I have. The last time we were there.

What's the feeling from the fanbase concerning their season and Crean?

The good news for Georgia is that they’re probably returning Hammonds for his senior season along with a boatload of underclassmen. So it’s not impossible for Georgia to be better next year.

The bad news for Georgia is they’re losing their best player along with three contributing seniors that together account for half of Georgia’s minutes and points per game, so Georgia will have to rebuild, not just build.

Look's just like IUedto be to me.. Sam old crap coach and same old news..
GBB

He did get to lead that celebration at halftime when they were up 6 on us down there, so he does have that to reflect on later on in life I suppose.

They will be cutting down the nets for that during the last regular season game.

You hate to see it, but LOL. Another wasted college career because of a poor decision. The thing is, he doesn't even help UGA's program grow since he's one and done. Lose lose for player and program IMO.
Edwards, Cole Anthony, Isaiah Stewart, etc, etc.

Edwards is getting plenty of playing time but may be at home during the NCAA. The thought of that might not bother him now but it will if and when it happens. They have already lost 9 games and still have several and the SEC tournament to go and it doesn't look good, maybe not even an NIT invite either. The NCAA basketball tournament is an exciting event every college player wants to experience. That might be the price he pays going to Georgia to play basketball when he could have been a cat. Playing at home is nice but when making a choice for your career means going someplace else, the latter is the best move. He should have taken notice of Hagan's being a Georgia native and excelling at Kentucky and likely going pro next year because he made the right decision.

But Crean is gonna sell Anthony Edwards’ high draft pick and eventual success in the NBA like crazy to other recruits, just like he sold Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo.

He is like a blind squirrel that keeps finding nuts.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Win win for the program. Money coming in the door to see him, possible help with recruiting due to high NBA draft pick.

I can understand a kid wanting to stay home to be near family/friends and trying to make their home state school proud. Not gonna bash a kid for that.
However, I will give a little grief for choosing to play at a second tier school away from home just so they can jack up as many shots as they please.....Or going somewhere it is obvious they are cheating/paying players (Kansas/Arizona).

Edwards is averaging 18 points a game on 40% shooting from the field. Nothing to be all that proud of especially on an awful team.

I think the kid is talented no doubt, but with the exception of one half of a game this year he has been pretty much a disappointment.

and yet some still have him as the #1 pick. I just don't see that he is the #1 pick myself but then again I didn't see Anthony Bennett being a #1 pick either so what do I know? :pimp:

Reactions: ncaaky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT