Will Cal be on the call-in show tonight

• Yes

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 53 52.0%
  • Assistant Coach Will Cover for him

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
Honestly, I’d love to have Barnhart do it instead. I know he couldn’t say only so much one way or another, but if he would speak to his goals and expectations for the program, he could regain some favor.
I’d like to see both on there tonight together with Tom.

My guess is we’ll know something early afternoon. Cal will likely be back in Lexington early this morning if he’s not already back. No need in dragging it out one way or the other.

It’s odd to me that the national press isn’t saying much about this from what I can tell.

If Cal's ego won't let him leave, he'll be back imo, Mitch won't buy him out imo.

His presence (or lack thereof) and any potential statements he makes, and his overall tone, could be key indicators of his fate. Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

If he is coming back, anything short of "I messed up, I need to pivot away from freshmen, and I need help constructing a defense that can guard modern offenses" will not work.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
He's textbook definition of narcissist. So unless they are giving him an award, no.

This and it's a pretty incredible case study of the impact of money. That lifetime contract gave him fu money and it either 1) completely cha he'd him or 2) let him finally be who he really was all along. He fired or cut ties with everyone who didn't swear fealty including his best friend (and obvious brains of the operation); while robic was at his lowest point.

If UK fired him, you'll see exactly how petty and vindictive he can be. He will work against the program. Hell wouldn't surprise me to see him go after that UL job. If he has success at his next stop, he'll rub our nose in it every step.

He will be on the show per Billy Rutledge on the KSR pre-show. He produces the call in show. Cal will be the coach next year. I think it will be business as usual on the show. It won’t be any different than any past shows.

I just can’t see it. I think he retires. I just cannot see him wanting to live in LEX anymore.

You are just so, so cruel... you hater you...

archie-smile.gif

😁

He will be on the show per Billy Rutledge on the KSR pre-show. He produces the call in show. Cal will be the coach next year. I think it will be business as usual on the show. It won’t be any different than any past shows.
If Cal is doing the show, he’s 100% back. No chance someone so vain would do something he clearly hates anyway if he had even the slightest notion he was on the way out.

The most anticipated radio call-in show in UK history?

I voted no. I feel like we will either decide to move on or if Cal is back he won’t appear.

I also think if he does appear there won’t be calls or it will be Bob from Jamestown and a guest call from Brad or something.

I think this is correct.

If Cal's ego won't let him leave, he'll be back imo, Mitch won't buy him out imo.
Sorry, but this is wrong! The “buyout” excuse has been debunked 10x over.

Thankfully, we are getting closer to the moment we will NEVER have to hear about being stuck with Cal because of his contract, and it can’t come soon enough!

The most anticipated radio call-in show in UK history?

I voted no. I feel like we will either decide to move on or if Cal is back he won’t appear.

I also think if he does appear there won’t be calls or it will be Bob from Jamestown and a guest call from Brad or something.
Thinking outside the box .. how about letting Bob from Jamestown take the reigns for a couple years?

I have felt like the last few years Cal believes he is the basketball program at UK.

He'll come on but after Tom welcomes him in he'll start out saying it was a tough way to end the season and then divert to a story about a killer sandwich he just had and never take a breath about it until 6:59 at which point Tom will say . . . "we gotta run but thanks coach and best of luck this off season".

Cal is the master at working this stuff. I swear sometimes on the postgame comment I know Tom asks his first question then runs out through a drive thru somewhere before coming back for the end of it as Cal wraps it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT