ADVERTISEMENT

Will Arkansas fire Mike Anderson after the season?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Hogs lost at home to a bad Texas A&M last night.

Think they're riding a 5 game losing into Rupp Arena.

He's 8 years in and has made the tournament 3 times I think. Hasn't gotten out of the first weekend.

The twist in all this is Anderson's connection to their 90's glory years and his relationship to Nolan Richardson.

Nolan probably still has a lot of influence at Arkansas. And I would think the Hog administration would be kinda nervous about Nolan causing a scene similar to back when he was fired.

I hope he stays at Arkansas. He's a punk and I love seeing UK beat his ass.

I don't think he will be there but one more year if that, they are proud of their basketball tradition, maybe second only to Kentucky in the SEC. He is simply not being competitive enough to remain their coach going forward. They have enthusiastic fans, a great arena but lack a coach who can deliver what they want.

I may be off here but I’d say Nolan has little to no influence there. He burned bridges to ashes. They haven’t been much since 1995. That’s a long time.

Browsing some Arkansas boards, some Hog fans think that if Anderson is fired, the administration is worried that Nolan will bring out the race card.

Browsing some Arkansas boards, some Hog fans think that if Anderson is fired, the administration is worried that Nolan will bring out the race card.
He probably would. The guy is a total racist.

It’s crazy for those of us that remember, to think how quickly Arkansas went from national contender to irrelevant. The were having 30-win seasons and going to final fours. Then they just completely dropped off the map.Haven’t made any real waves since the mid 90’s

Last edited:
Another Blue Plate Pork BBQ Special coming up Tuesday night... [laughing]

ass-whippin.gif

He probably would. The guy is a total racist.

It’s crazy’s for those of us that remember, to think how quickly Arkansas went from national contender to irrelevant. The were having 30-win seasons and going to final fours. Then they just completely dropped off the map.Haven’t made any real waves since the mid 90’s

I totally agree. I remember when Arkansas came into the SEC, everyone was excited because they brought fans and it would be a great addition to the SEC. In those early years, that is exactly what happened and there were some great games. In recent years, Arkansas has been irrelevant in football and basketball. I know there were some posts on here regarding what does Missouri bring to the table, but Arkansas hasn't exactly been great either except for track and baseball. (They do have great facilities). I think Arkansas is begging to be a basketball powerhouse again, but I think they have been irrelevant for so long that is not the glamour job that it once was for a new coach. I think they would have to get lucky with a young coach (Like Wade at LSU) instead of finding an established coach that would want to go there.

Reactions: jrpross
If someone does cry racism it won't do any good, Arkansas is not going to be held hostage to that accusation. They had had 3 black coaches in the last 20 years and Nolan sued the university so I'd say he is irrelevant in their decision should they fire Anderson.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand

He's 8 years in and has made the tournament 3 times I think. Hasn't gotten out of the first weekend.

The twist in all this is Anderson's connection to their 90's glory years and his relationship to Nolan Richardson.

Nolan probably still has a lot of influence at Arkansas. And I would think the Hog administration would be kinda nervous about Nolan causing a scene similar to back when he was fired.

They should! Just not a top level coach!

How many years is left on his contract? I’d say that would play a big role in when he is let go.

That place caught a bad break when Dana Altman backed out a couple of days after agreeing to take the job. This was after Stan Heath, IIRC. Now they're stuck with Anderson and the possible 'card' play.

I may be off here but I’d say Nolan has little to no influence there. He burned bridges to ashes. They haven’t been much since 1995. That’s a long time.

The relationship with Nolan has come a long way from where it was 15 years ago. Anderson being hired helps and of course Broyles isn’t the AD anymore. He comes to a lot of games now. A lot of fans want to name the court after him. His exit wasn’t pretty but he dealt with a lot of crap here like racist fans shooting his horse, the death of his daughter, people disrespecting his style of play because it wasn’t the “rich, intelligent” way a team like Duke played. He was definitely jaded by the end of his tenure. He couldn’t understand why a new coach like Houston Nutt who we hired from Boise State was making more than him when he won a NC. He had a point, but football takes priority for 99% of universities. Hell we hired Stan Heath over Bill Self after that for obvious reasons. I’d say that turned out to be a bad choice.

As for Anderson, a few weeks ago I thought he would get another year but now I’m not so sure. He’s made the tournament 3 out of the last 4 years so it’s been difficult to let him go before this season because he has improved us from where we were 10 years ago. Only UK and Florida have more SEC wins than Arkansas the last six years. But eventually you HAVE to do something in the NCAAT.

It is a shame it comes to that point but that’s the world we live in today. The record speaks for itself he hasn’t done squat in the time there time to move on.

Arkansas should go out and overpay to get Musselman, Hoiberg, or Pearl. They all seem like good coaches that could probably be lured to a job like Arkansas. Heck, been some rumors about that Self might even be available though I would guess if that is indeed the case that UCLA is all over him.

I don’t think they will fire him because he will claim racism. Dude doesn’t have one white dude on his team except a few token assistants. They wil let him linger on another year or two. His talent evaluation sucks. He should go the cunzo route and hire some kids dad as a coach

Arkansas should go out and overpay to get Musselman, Hoiberg, or Pearl. They all seem like good coaches that could probably be lured to a job like Arkansas. Heck, been some rumors about that Self might even be available though I would guess if that is indeed the case that UCLA is all over him.
Pearl would be a good hire for them, in particular.

It is wasn’t for his connection to Nolan he would already be gone

Very flammable situation in Fayetteville

Many want him out but are afraid to pull trigger

PC in play

Why are so many on this board so worried about someone getting fired or how this coach or that coach still has a job ? I don't understand the obsession with other coaches.

I don't think he will be there but one more year if that, they are proud of their basketball tradition, maybe second only to Kentucky in the SEC. He is simply not being competitive enough to remain their coach going forward. They have enthusiastic fans, a great arena but lack a coach who can deliver what they want.

Arkansas is NO WHERE near the second best basketball tradition in the SEC. The SEC started in 1933 not 1992. Yes they had a run of 4 good years or so under Nolan Richardson but...Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, LSU, Mississippi State, have all had multiple good and more consistent runs over the years. And, in the last decade, Florida has had a great run including 2 national championships. Lon Kruger took the Gators to a Final Four before Billy got there....Yes Arkansas won a national title...if you look at the history before...Eddie Sutton a a pretty good run in the Southwest Conference including a final four in 1978.

I don’t think they will fire him because he will claim racism. Dude doesn’t have one white dude on his team except a few token assistants. They wil let him linger on another year or two. His talent evaluation sucks. He should go the cunzo route and hire some kids dad as a coach
You can be racist against white people. Didn't you know that? Look at the MSM for further evidence. The Cov Cath kids incident is a stark reminder the media is always trying to paint a false narrative against white people. You had a group of black male adults shouting racist remarks to HS kids and not a word was said. But some Indian man invades some white kid's personal space beating a drum, the kid smirks and it was fake outrage everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT