ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State surprise of the year.....

Gave Kentucky all they wanted last year and had basically entire team back I was very surprised how they struggled this year and never thought they would lose to a Marshall team that lost to the following teams this year.

Morehead State
Illinois by 17
William & Mary by 10
UTSA
UAB by 14

Not a surprise at all. Their best win on the year was Cincy, who they then lost to in their conference tourney. They're perennially overrated for eating cupcakes. I'm just sad it wasn't us who got to send them packing .... again.

Schedule somebody!

to me, at least. As good as they were last year, and with everyone returning, I thought they would be a legitimate contender for the National Championship this season. But they looked vulnerable all year long.
One of the most experienced teams in the country with a history of winning but never got it together this time around.

Reactions: gojvc
Happy for Marshall. Growing up with our antenna on the hill WSAZ out of Huntington was the only channel we got that was good enough to watch. I was watching Marshall before UK. Remember both of the D'antoni boys and a kid named George Stone, I think he was from KY, he could really play.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I knew Wichita State was bad when they lost to a lousy Temple team in January. They played down to their competition all year. I thought they would beat Marshall but lose their next game. But I'm not surprised they lost.

Witchita wrecked my bracket...I had them beating Purdue in the region final.

My East region is officially a disaster.

Marshall is ok. I attend a lot of their football games because it is only a 10 mile drive.

I remember the Randy Moss - Chad Pennington teams. They were a very good team. Moss a freak of nature with size and blow by speed.

I think the nod goes to Zona. On paper, they were loaded.
Should be an interesting off-season for them coming up.
But Wichita state has a good coach, Arizona does not

To me the biggest shock of the year was Wichita state not being a top 10 team

Reactions: gojvc
Conference change made it difficult to run up a gaudy record and get a high seed.

found his wife. She made it home!
C7U2AKmV4AAuIZg.jpg

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT