ADVERTISEMENT

Why was Rex Chapman there?

Can the obvious not be true?! If Rex can get attention he will GET ATTENTION.

The man has no morals or honor. He just wants limelight. Period.

He was available. He showed support being there. I am sure others could have and decided not to do so. People say and do things all the time. He is trying to make his way in this world. I judge as much as the next guy but I am trying to do better. One step as they say.

Reactions: MathUK
Why would Mexicans care if a white gringo was dating a black lady? I mean, I'll take your word for it, but seems a little strange. Don't understand why they would care.

It was bizarre. I literally felt like OJ Simpson one week after the trial.

I didn't realize Rex was a slave and had no free will. Who knew?!

You’ve never had to jump through hoops to get ahead in your career? You can either lie and say no or acknowledge that there are plenty of times in life when you don’t have power and someone else holds the keys to your future. Generally speaking those people are not the ones you go head to head with.

FWIW, he tells the same race related stories about the Charlotte Hornets and being told not to have a black GF by the owner. Trolling clicks and attention is all he is now.
Well, gee, is it possible that he played in a racist state like Kentucky and then played in another racist state like North Carolina? Replace either of those states or both of them with any states in the south and you have the same thing.

Reactions: AllBlueEverything
Seeing Rex there, I know my first thought was to check and make sure I still had my wallet.

Then I enjoyed how giddy he seemed and thought to myself that Rex is complicated and has some serious issues.

A couple things...
1. A guy with a big ego would never miss a chance to walk out in front of a huge crowd and hear some applause, even if those people aren't there to see him. He can just imagine they were clapping just for him.
2. I don't pay much attention at all to what Rex Chapman says. He's UK's version of a shock jock. He says things to get a rise out of people and get listeners and viewers. I don't think he even believes half the crap that comes out of his mouth. The only time I'm aware of something he has said is when someone here posts about it. Otherwise, I ignore him. I don't even know what station he's on or how to tune in to his drivel. And I'd say I'm probably less irritated and less stressed because of that choice. 🤣

I think people are upset that Rex brought to light how it was like to play for UK in the past and how racist some people around the program and throughout the state are. Folks like to keep honest issues hidden when they are exposed and it doesn't make something they think should be clean look in a negative light. By reading some comments on here, those types still exist.
Thanks for chiming in, Rex. Before you’re completely banished from UK. Why not lift us a few ipads?

Check It Out Look At Me GIF by Travis

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT