ADVERTISEMENT

Why ppl keep saying

I don’t know anyone who didn’t think we still need to add a big even before these injuries. We need a 4 guys who are 4/5 material. The only active player is Mitchell right now. We can’t afford to be thin in the front court because ugo and Bradshaw will be foul prone if and when they return. Remember cal talking about playing Bradshaw and ugo simultaneously? You think that’s gonna happen anytime soon?

220915Ware03_CB.jpg

We need another big. When Bradshaw and Ugo return we fine. Another big and dumb call will have the urge to play big bully ball and not small ball which clearly is the way to go. No more big please. Just sayn
Right now Burk and Mitchell are our only bigs. Who knows when ugo and Bradshaw will be available. It seems important to add a big asap for practice purpose.

what we need to do is find a bag of cash. Get a big who can defend, block shots and rebound. There has to be a guy out there who seen the Canada trip and would be interested

For one thing the odds of both Ugo and Bradshaw coming back and both really going 100%, knowing they could lose 7 or 8 figures if they reinjure the same spot, are abysmally low.
I think this is a good way to look at it. Say each of them has an 80% chance to return, then that is only a 64% chance we have both return. That’s not high enough when we need both. Plus as long as they will be out, it will take them some time to get into playing shape and catch-up on their skills.

I think this is a good way to look at it. Say each of them has an 80% chance to return, then that is only a 64% chance we have both return. That’s not high enough when we need both. Plus as long as they will be out, it will take them some time to get into playing shape and catch-up on their skills.
Yeah, it's unlikely we're without BOTH of them. But there's a scarily good chance we're without one of them.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
For one thing the odds of both Ugo and Bradshaw coming back and both really going 100%, knowing they could lose 7 or 8 figures if they reinjure the same spot, are abysmally low.
I don’t know how that could be. If neither see the court, they certainly won’t be first rounders. That’s too risky

We need another big. When Bradshaw and Ugo return we fine. Another big and dumb call will have the urge to play big bully ball and not small ball which clearly is the way to go. No more big please. Just sayn
This is an easy one. Because Kentucky has no interior defense and 2 bigs that who knows about them. What is “ Why do people keep saying we need a big man” for $600 Ken.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I agree. I’m not losing sleep over a perceived lack of bigs.

We’ve got a plethora of guys who can hit shots, attack the basket, and make plays with the ball in their hands.

Wagner
Reed
Reeves
Dillingham
Edwards
Adou

Fast athletic play-makers. Have fun trying to stop it.

Ugo is gonna be another Sharpe
No way. Sharpe was a sure-fire lottery pick. With or without UK.

Ugo isn’t. He’s a 2nd round pick if he doesn’t play. The kid has to go out and earn a spot in the 1st round. If not, he can say hello to the G-League.

I just hope his “handlers” are giving him good advice.

Ugo isn’t. He’s a 2nd round pick if he doesn’t play. The kid has to go out and earn a spot in the 1st round. If not, he can say hello to the G-League.

2nd round is generous.
Ugo has less skills than Oscar or Timme and they weren't drafted.
Big shift away from guys like Ugo in the NBA.

So you want us to practice for 3 months without any big men? And once said bigs get back, you realize they hurt their feet right? Bigs are notorious for foot issues. Also, it will take them forever to get to game shape, if they hurt their hand or shoulder or something and could run between now and than, sure. They didn’t.

I don’t know about you but Burks isn’t a backup big, at all. He also doesn’t want to even play those positions and I don’t blame him. So, that’s why.

I agree. I’m not losing sleep over a perceived lack of bigs.

We’ve got a plethora of guys who can hit shots, attack the basket, and make plays with the ball in their hands.

Wagner
Reed
Reeves
Dillingham
Edwards
Adou

Fast athletic play-makers. Have fun trying to stop it.
Yeah but who are they going to stop? Also, better hope we shoot 100 percent cause we aren’t rebounding much with them guys. I get people gun shy about Bigs and Cal, Lord knows we don’t want to play with 3 of them at a time(Cal probably does) but you have to have meat on the roster. 2 Bigs who have played like 10 mins total of college basketball, both had surgery, yeah I’m not willing to risk the potential on a great season because we were a player short, again.

So you wanna roll into the season with a stretch 4 playing as our 5, with zero backups? Because 7 footers that require foot surgery always come right back without any issues, right? Trust Cal's time table on their return, because he's batting 1000% in those imaginary tales. Wheeler was week to week in ****in January.

I hope this year's glass will be half full.

And yet he already tried to transfer. I'm calling it right now - he never plays for us.

It's extremally unlikely to get another post player. Who'd step into that much uncertainty? For good or bad, this is the hand we play.

And yet he already tried to transfer. I'm calling it right now - he never plays for us.
The whole dynamic here is different. Players are only here until they can be somewhere else that they believe will benefit them more. It doesn't even have to be realistic, just so long as they think it is possibly better. All of us can name multiple players who bolted despite it being clear that a return to UK was their best option

If you are thin at a spot already and then have injuries to that spot and you have room to bring in another quality player at that spot, and you do not do it and it costs you in March, then it is inexcusable.
Exactly, there are no guarantees of both big men coming back nor of them being 100%. Can't afford to gamble at this point after seeing how good this team could possibly be. Go after a serviceable big in August should they become available.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I'm with op, who would come here that is worth trying since we have 2 bigs already. Mitchel can step out make good decision's as a stretch 4.
Only a player who thinks he's better than any big we have on the roster.
Only Dante fits that bill.
No mid major kid is coming here.
I think the best case for a big addition is Somto joining at some point this season.

Is Klutch his agency?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT