ADVERTISEMENT

Why no mention of Mark Few?

I just can't see him messing with success that he has out west. Turned Kentucky down in the past IIRC when the job opened after Tubby left.

Reactions: bIhawk
Dude has made to the Sweet 16 at minimum the last NINE tournaments. That is insanity at a place like Gonzaga. Is it because it’s forgone that he isn’t leaving? He’s 61 so still plenty left in the tank
Personally he’s my pick if we can’t get Hurley but I don’t ever see him leaving Gonzaga. But apparently his list of schools he might consider sometime is Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Stanford and UCLA

Reactions: FiveStarCat
Few makes sense. It's just I think he's not even mentioned cause people know he likes it so much out there.

But yeah if he was open to it, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

pretty
Personality wise I get it. But results wise, how could this not excite you, especially considering it’s at Gonzaga?? Last 9 tourneys:

Elite 8
Sweet 16
Runner-up
Sweet 16
Elite 8
Runner-up
Sweet 16
Elite 8
Sweet 16

That’s an incredible run. He’s clearly an upper echelon, elite coach.
Really good coach for sure. But he's set in his ways. Don't see him leaving beautiful Washington at his age to coach a Few more years.

He’s been coaching at Gonzaga since he started as an assistant there in 1989. I agree, he should be on the list to be called but I would anticipate being turned down.

Reactions: chroix
Personality wise I get it. But results wise, how could this not excite you, especially considering it’s at Gonzaga?? Last 9 tourneys:

Elite 8
Sweet 16
Runner-up
Sweet 16
Elite 8
Runner-up
Sweet 16
Elite 8
Sweet 16

That’s an incredible run. He’s clearly an upper echelon, elite coach.

results like that are what gets me more excited. much more so than 3 straight 2nd round exits.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
Few would be perfect... and he'd retire ina few years then we can unload the brinks truck for Hurley when its been a few years out from his back 2 back titles. Few obviously cant win a title at Gonzaga.... if he could, he'd have done it by now. Few would need to leave to win a title if he wants one... And the NCAA, refs, media.. and NIKE all love him.

But Mitch Barnhart is a giant moron.

I understand, there is porter house steak out there .... and we could offer so much money to grab it and savor it........ and then there is Drew , the first good chain steak house you come across and get the ribeye.. its good, delicious even but its not what you originally dreamed of eating when you left the house.... We've been eating from the dumpster for 4 years so outback steakhouse excites me lol... Im good with Drew except if he doesnt get it done and make serious strides of getting us back in 3 years.. would Mitch fire his friend?

Dude has made to the Sweet 16 at minimum the last NINE tournaments. That is insanity at a place like Gonzaga. Is it because it’s forgone that he isn’t leaving? He’s 61 so still plenty left in the tank
He is my first choice and I hope Mitch feels the same way.

I am so glad that no one on this site gets to choose our coaches. Most people on this site are steeped in negativity and wouldn’t even call 95% of viable names because of their insane reasoning. According to most on here no one will come so maybe we should just shut it down. A bit dramatic but hopefully the sensible people get my point.

He's turned us and other bigger programs down before.

Wants no part of major college sports west of the Rockies. Don't blame him. He lives a great fly fisherman life out there.

Gonzaga fans are probably great, but generally speaking west coast people/fans have other shit going on. That goes for both coasts honestly. If they're fanatical they're probably fanatical for professional sports and/or other activities.

Midwest/Southeastern/heartland/flyover country etc..Major college sports is another level. For all sorts of reasons. Handful of people are cut out for it, most aren't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT