ADVERTISEMENT

Why no injury update on Derek Willis

there's different degrees of sprain that can cause someone to miss as little as no time and as much as a 2 months without it being a syndesmotic or "high ankle sprain" and. His picture looks like about every grade 2 I've ever seen same day as injury and that's usually at least a 2 week, like you said, to a month of time missed. I don't think anyone really expected him to miss the rest of the season.

Jason I'm not trying to be a smart butt you being a PT. I tore every lateral ligament out of the left side of my left ankle and was able to walk but when I tried to walk after resting at work all I could do was drag it. I have a very high tolerance for pain. Last time I ever dunked a basketball. As always thanks for an highly informative post.

Per KSR a few minutes ago.......
Coach Cal had nothing to offer regarding the status of Derek Willis, when asked about Willis’ sprained ankle on today’s SEC coaches teleconference. Cal said he had not yet seen Willis today, therefore he doesn’t know if he will play tomorrow against Alabama.

Cal did say Alex Poythress worked out on Sunday. I’m told there is a chance he will return to action tomorrow night. That was the plan for Poythress as of late last week.

large_John-Calipari-Kentucky.jpg

Cal was obviously a little frustrated today, saying "Ive tried to call dancerman4 at least 4 times today to tell him what's going on!!"

Reactions: JustinSphere
my guess is, since poy killed bama last time Cal just wants the bama staff to have to prepare for he and willis. My gut tells me neither play, but why give that info to bama [winking]

As much as I would like to have Poy and Willis back soon, I'm fine waiting. Don't want them to come back too early and injure themselves worse! Want them at or near 100% for SEC-T and especially NCAA-T.

It is now early on Monday morning in Lexington. The BBN is the most loyal fan base in America. I am amazed that there has not been an official statement issued by the team regarding the extent of Derek's ankle injury. There is no doubt that an x-ray has been done on his ankle by now. Is it just a sprain, a high ankle sprain, is it broken ? Given the loyalty and support the fans give to the team, it just seems to me that the loyalty should be returned in kind, and that the fans should get to know the extent of Derek's injury and how long before he will be able before he can possibly play again.

UPDATE: Ankle Sprain. Will return when ankle allows him to play.

We need the Rupp crowd to be in it from tipoff to the buzzer. Cats need our support right now.

ADVERTISEMENT