ADVERTISEMENT

Why isn't Michigan State frosh big Xavier Booker playing?

Duke basically got to play a team that might not even make the tournament for their Champions Classic, meanwhile we get top5 Kansas.

Next year, when Kansas loses Harris McMullan and HD, they get to play MSU who will likely be meh.. and Kentucky gets to play against a generational talent in Flagg.

I know it's totally random, but this isn't the first time Kentucky kind of drew the crap end of the matchups in the CC.

Duke basically got to play a team that might not even make the tournament for their Champions Classic, meanwhile we get top5 Kansas.

Next year, when Kansas loses Harris McMullan and HD, they get to play MSU who will likely be meh.. and Kentucky gets to play against a generational talent in Flagg.

I know it's totally random, but this isn't the first time Kentucky kind of drew the crap end of the matchups in the CC.

Drew the damn Zion team too. No excuse for getting crushed like we did though.

Drew the damn Zion team too. No excuse for getting crushed like we did though.

I have to go back and look again at all the past matchups.. but I seem to recall that Kansas and Duke quite often drew MSU when they were sort of down, and we would get them back on the upswing. And then for sure Zion, Flagg, etc. Kentucky really hasn't gotten any breaks with the CC.

The problem is, Cal is never going to do well in the CC so long as we have young teams. We did it early with Wall and Davis, but back then those teams were still in an era where athleticism could thump almost anyone. Now with an emphasis on offense and 3s, and Cal seemingly regressing in his ability, I'm not sure we ever win another CC again.

I think Hunter gets another year.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I have to go back and look again at all the past matchups.. but I seem to recall that Kansas and Duke quite often drew MSU when they were sort of down, and we would get them back on the upswing. And then for sure Zion, Flagg, etc. Kentucky really hasn't gotten any breaks with the CC.

The problem is, Cal is never going to do well in the CC so long as we have young teams. We did it early with Wall and Davis, but back then those teams were still in an era where athleticism could thump almost anyone. Now with an emphasis on offense and 3s, and Cal seemingly regressing in his ability, I'm not sure we ever win another CC again.
Michigan State has made the Final Four twice since the CC began. In 2015, which they played Duke in Nov 2014. And in 2019, which they played Kansas in Nov 2018.

Overall in the CC. Duke & Kansas are 8-5. UK & MSU are 5-8. Duke has had just as many inexperienced teams as UK during that span.

Michigan State has made the Final Four twice since the CC began. In 2015, which they played Duke in Nov 2014. And in 2019, which they played Kansas in Nov 2018.

Overall in the CC. Duke & Kansas are 8-5. UK & MSU are 5-8. Duke has had just as many inexperienced teams as UK during that span.

Michigan State was a 7 seed in 2015. Funny how you left out that part but only included a 4 game run in March.

How's that Tyrese Proctor top2 pick coming along.. lmfao.

• Haha
Reactions: mcwildcats04

UK blew the game against Sparty last year. Shouldn't have lost that one AT ALL. Guys shit their pants down the stretch, and Cal didn't play Reeves when the team needed some offense.

He had jumped up to the number 1 spot on one recruiting service at one point .

I forgot about him this season
He finished at #16 on Rivals, you would think he’s good enough to get some playing time. Especially with State struggling in the front court! Maybe that’s why 5 stars kinda avoid Michigan State!

Reactions: shaudyshaud

Last years MSU team we played was not that great. Ended up like as a 7 seed IIRC.

Reactions: yoshukai
Michigan State was a 7 seed in 2015. Funny how you left out that part but only included a 4 game run in March.

How's that Tyrese Proctor top2 pick coming along.. lmfao.
Are you actively rooting for Duke players to get injured? Yikes. You can do better than that.
Most Duke fans don't care about Kentucky and their players. Like, I really hope you all can destroy UNC, same with Tennessee. I'm a big Bam fan, and always have liked Monk too. I would never root for a Kentucky player to get injured, guess it's just different with y'all.

Most Duke fans don't care about Kentucky and their players.

…aaaaand then there’s you.

“Jay” (LOL) Williams sure cares about Kentucky’s players. Enough to start baseless rumors like a petulant school girl.

I would never root for a Kentucky player to get injured, guess it's just different with y'all.

Get out of here, troll.

Last edited:
UK blew the game against Sparty last year. Shouldn't have lost that one AT ALL. Guys shit their pants down the stretch, and Cal didn't play Reeves when the team needed some offense.
When you say “guys” I know the main one you’re meaning is Cal .

Are you actively rooting for Duke players to get injured? Yikes. You can do better than that.
Most Duke fans don't care about Kentucky and their players. Like, I really hope you all can destroy UNC, same with Tennessee. I'm a big Bam fan, and always have liked Monk too. I would never root for a Kentucky player to get injured, guess it's just different with y'all.

Lmfao nice spin. His stock dropped well before that injury and you know it. Why? Because he was completely unproven and just because he played well in Australia doesn't mean Jack shit. He's simply not a top5 pick whether he's healthy or in a wheelchair.

What a victim. Mods whenever you're ready.

Reactions: Wonky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT