ADVERTISEMENT

Why do UK players crash the post on D??

3 seven footers and they always have their hands to their sides.

GET YOUR HANDS UP!

Simple fix all season. Stop doing it. Three point shots are wide open because UK acts like Lew Alcindor is in the post for every opponent.
Agree Runnin

I have been preaching this all season. On a drive all 5 defensive players run to the lane which leaves at least 1 guy wide open outside the 3 point line.

The cure is to initially stop the drive by forcing the ball handler to use his weak hand. Radford is exclusively left handed - you don’t play him straight up but position your left foot in the middle of his feet. If he goes left you force him away from the basket and he has to pick up the ball.

Secondly your help defense cannot sag so deep that they cannot recover out to their man. But CCC has the other four players sag so much that they cannot recover. Sure if they have a Ugo-type offensive player at the line, you stay in the lane and let him shoot all day. But our guys are so detached from their man, they have to run to the 3 point line, so the guy can fake and drive then kick to another wide open player. Our defense is always scrambling.

We are 10 deep and most teams are not. Why not press full court, not necessarily to turn them over but cause fatigue which will show up in the 2nd half. Mix up defenses zone and trap. This helps speed up the game which gives us the advantage. Of course, CCC only pressed, played zone, trapped roughly 1% of the game minutes this year. I guarantee he will say that we went to a zone on a few possession but they got a layup so I went back to man. I made a great coaching move but my players did not execute. Done with him

Reactions: CGblue
I’m tired of watching all interior players swatting at shots like flys. Your 7 foot tall, jump with your hands straight up and make them make shots over your outstretched hands. Who coaches these guys in practice. Stop trying to swat one to the 5th row and just play sound defense.

Simple fix all season. Stop doing it. Three point shots are wide open because UK acts like Lew Alcindor is in the post for every opponent.
Yup, we finally didn’t do it at UT, funneled guys right into Ugo all game. But right back to normal switching BS. Put our worst guards on islands, easy 3’s and lay ups. Good strategy.

I’m tired of watching all interior players swatting at shots like flys. Your 7 foot tall, jump with your hands straight up and make them make shots over your outstretched hands. Who coaches these guys in practice. Stop trying to swat one to the 5th row and just play sound defense.
My favorite is the drive right to the rim, one pump fake, up in the air and it’s a foul and a basket. Every single time. They go after any movement.

Reactions: katwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT