ADVERTISEMENT

Why college football is king in coaching pay − even at blue blood basketball schools

Catswin9

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2015
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...aring-even-at-basketball-schools/70924373007/
def3d292-a889-406f-acdf-15f8868b9a91-kentuckycoaches.jpg

Didnt give a click , but in this case its obvious , one guy is sucking ass and the other is doing an admirable job ??

This is gonna trigger a lot of folks. The same folks that yell that they aren't getting their money's worth any time one of our teams lose a game. Because as we all know, the fans pay these salaries with our own personal money, right?

Football pays the bills.

I'd suspect when Calipari leaves or is asked/aka told to leave, the new coach won't make nearly as much.

Football is different as we have to pay more to attempt to keep up with joneses in sec and expect next coach to make bank too. Even though we probably won't ever win a national title or even sec title you have to do it to at least try to be competitive.

I also hope this university never does another lifetime contract. Worst thing ever as Calipari nosedived right when that occurred.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
Football pays the bills.

I'd suspect when Calipari leaves or is asked/aka told to leave, the new coach won't make nearly as much.

Football is different as we have to pay more to attempt to keep up with joneses in sec and expect next coach to make bank too. Even though we probably won't ever win a national title or even sec title you have to do it to at least try to be competitive.

I also hope this university never does another lifetime contract. Worst thing ever as Calipari nosedived right when that occurred.
If I recall the fans demanded it for Calipari too, there was a rumor about ucla and ppl were losing their minds that Mitch wasn't doing enough to keep him.

But yes, as far as Stoops. Ppl want to be a big boy football school, you have to show you'll do big boy things. I hope Stoops stays for many years, but this is building a groundwork for the day he's gone to attract quality

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT