ADVERTISEMENT

Why can't it be Chris Beard?

I do not want a man who beats his wife to be our coach. First off, screw that guy; secondly, does that sound like a guy that would handle the pressure of the UK job well? This is the worst idea I e heard on this board.
Again, you don't know sh... about the situation. Read up on it (if you can) to find aout the specifics. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone! He didn't do what you "heard" he did.

If Beard is vetted and the charges aren't true, he would be up there at the top of my list.

Barnhart doesn't want anyone that isn't in Bible study with him.

Reactions: dl51344
I do not want a man who beats his wife to be our coach. First off, screw that guy; secondly, does that sound like a guy that would handle the pressure of the UK job well? This is the worst idea I e heard on this board.
Maybe OTS will come back to make you happy?

Does the fact his then fiance, who has said it multiple times, that he didn't choke her (which is why everyone says there was a beating)?

The stigma with Beard will keep him away from UK (Barnhart won't even look at him) but he would be great. The situation with him sucks, he got a tough deal.

Reactions: dl51344
Again, you don't know sh... about the situation. Read up on it (if you can) to find aout the specifics. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone! He didn't do what you "heard" he did.
Eff off dude. Just because you read an article spinning it a different way doesn’t mean you know anymore than anyone. The cops showed up, her neck had hand marks on it and her face was swollen. How dumb are you?

If the university looks into the domestic situation and feels he’s okay to hire that would be good enough for me. And unless there’s something in his background (drinking) that should stop it, Beard is the obvious guy. He’s ready to explode.

All of that must be looked into and I’m not sure the status of where he stands nationally with AD’s, but Ole Miss went ahead during this era so that says something at least. Beard with a clean background would probably be the guy.
He's a drunk.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Don't recall their being any outrage nationally when Old Miss hired him.

Sometimes these PR issues are a 24/48 hour life cycle and then you never hear about it again.

Example being the Chiefs brought in that punter with his Rape allegations was a 24 hour life cycle if even that and no one is talking about it.

I will say though it would be hard to stomach knowing our coach beat his wife on our sidelines. Kentucky wouldn't likely want to bring him in knowing that.

It seemed like his accuser backtracked after she realized it would ruin his career
That’s unfortunately a well studied phenomenon in abusive relationships even when someone’s big dollar career isn’t at stake. It’s extremely common for victims to drop charges and attempt to reconcile with their partner. None of us were there to know exactly what happened, but the charges being dropped definitely does not mean that the whole incident was made up or exaggerated in this case. I know that he’s in the clear legally, but there’s enough in the police report to make me feel uncomfortable wanting him to be the single biggest public face of the university.

Reactions: Tubbyfan78
Texas let him go when he had the #7 ranked team. It's not like he was failing, and they used this as a good excuse to terminate him with cause. I think this statement from the VP of the UT legal department to Beard's lawyer suggests that UT did some digging of their own and didn't like what they found, probably in addition to the fact that he physically assaulted his girlfriend.

“Additionally, your letter this morning reveals that Mr. Beard does not understand the significance of the behavior he knows he engaged in, or the ensuing events that impair his ability to effectively lead our program. This lack of self-awareness is yet another failure of judgment that makes Mr. Beard unfit to serve as a head coach at our university. For these reasons, the university proceeds to terminate Mr. Beard. The attached letter is his termination notice and will be part of his employee file.”

If I were an AD, I wouldn't touch Beard with a 10 ft pole, especially in a pressure cooker job like UK.

Texas let him go when he had the #7 ranked team. It's not like he was failing, and they used this as a good excuse to terminate him with cause. I think this statement from the VP of the UT legal department to Beard's lawyer suggests that UT did some digging of their own and didn't like what they found, probably in addition to the fact that he physically assaulted his girlfriend.

“Additionally, your letter this morning reveals that Mr. Beard does not understand the significance of the behavior he knows he engaged in, or the ensuing events that impair his ability to effectively lead our program. This lack of self-awareness is yet another failure of judgment that makes Mr. Beard unfit to serve as a head coach at our university. For these reasons, the university proceeds to terminate Mr. Beard. The attached letter is his termination notice and will be part of his employee file.”

If I were an AD, I wouldn't touch Beard with a 10 ft pole, especially in a pressure cooker job like UK.

No, if you read the article is was basically Beard (through his attorney) refusing to resign because no charges were going to be filed. And Texas saying, regardless of legal standing, we're going to fire you "for cause" based on the "behavior" of that evening. That's it. My guess is Beard didn't resign leaving the door open for a future lawsuit for wrongful termination, and I'd say he's probably got a good one. More than likely it was his fallback if he couldn't find a job.

Unfortunately for him, that type of smoke regardless how it turns out, is never good. The bigs dogs aren’t interested. It’s that simple.

No, if you read the article is was basically Beard (through his attorney) refusing to resign because no charges were going to be filed. And Texas saying, regardless of legal standing, we're going to fire you "for cause" based on the "behavior" of that evening. That's it. My guess is Beard didn't resign leaving the door open for a future lawsuit for wrongful termination, and I'd say he's probably got a good one. More than likely it was his fallback if he couldn't find a job.
This lack of self-awareness is yet another failure of judgment that makes Mr. Beard unfit to serve as a head coach at our university. For these reasons, the university proceeds to terminate Mr. Beard.

"Yet another failure of judgement" tells me that when Texas started digging, they found some other disturbing things, and probably why Beard didn't and is highly unlikely to ever sue. Beard was highly successful at the time and Texas didn't hesitate to cut him loose. That tells me all I need to know.

This lack of self-awareness is yet another failure of judgment that makes Mr. Beard unfit to serve as a head coach at our university. For these reasons, the university proceeds to terminate Mr. Beard.

"Yet another failure of judgement" tells me that when Texas started digging, they found some other disturbing things, and probably why Beard didn't and is highly unlikely to ever sue. Beard was highly successful at the time and Texas didn't hesitate to cut him loose. That tells me all I need to know.
Lack of self-awareness is failure of judgement #2. The first was obviously the incident that was the antecedent to the second.

In a perfect world, you get into an argument with your SO and she takes a swipe at you and breaks your glasses...you just simply walk away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT