ADVERTISEMENT

Why are effeminate short-shorts making a comeback?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
First these young fellas start wearing women's slippers on draft night.

Next, every college team is rocking out to short-shorts that we used to mock back in the post-80s decade.

Bring back the Fab Five baggy shorts. This is just too much. I know we're in an androgynous society now, but this is embarrassing. Bring back the long shorts.

1440_201810022009.jpg

The pendulum had to swing back too far the other way. Man, we had some ridiculous looking shorts in that 2008-2011 ish era. I don’t even know how we had guys that could actually dribble the ball between their legs without getting it lost in there.

I actually like it. It's a throwback. Maybe not for all players.

The worst was the 11 inch inseam.. PGs were looking like they were kids wearing their big brothers clothes. Not to mention, the era of the long shorts was the NBA's most tumultuous (well, other than now, I guess, but for different reasons).

For me, right above the kneecap is perfect. I'm 6'2" and skinny, so short shorts on me look about as cool as some players tucking the bottoms of their shorts in their spandex. That's the dumbest thing ever. Looks like a diaper.
This. Tall skinny dude here. Knee cap to an inch or no more than 2 above is ideal. Still get the freedom of movement without wearing cheer shorts

Next, every college team is rocking out to short-shorts that we used to mock back in the post-80s decade.

Bring back the Fab Five baggy shorts. This is just too much. I know we're in an androgynous society now, but this is embarrassing. Bring back the long shorts.

1440_201810022009.jpg
Arkansas had some long shorts back in the day too with Thurman, Williamson and the Hogs.

1440_201810022009.jpg
Some of these current bb players are future birthing persons. Does that answer your question? Hell lil nas x is about to give birth. It’s the future

I’m not sure short length should be uniform. Let each player pick which short length they prefer. I’m not fan of wearing cheer shorts myself but if a player for UK says they play better in them, then let him wear them. Same goes for longer shorts.

I myself prefer shorts that are above the knee for all things athletic, either right above or an inch or two above. Otherwise I prefer baggy cause it’s more comfortable imo.

1440_201810022009.jpg
God awful ugly. Please no. Put them in the museum under lock and key as an example of not what to wear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT