ADVERTISEMENT

Whose the Coach for the 2024-2025 Season?

Whose next years coach?

• John Calipari

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Scott Drew

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Billy Donovan

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dan Hurely

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • T. J. Otzelberger

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Bruce Pearl

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Nate Oats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rick Pitino

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Frank Vogel

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Shaka Smart

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Sadly, Calipari.

And people need to be voting for who they think Barney will hire, not who they want.

If it’s not Cal, everyone and their brother knows it will be Drew based on the relationship alone. However, maybe he will do the consultant/committee again like he did with Cal’s hire.

• Sad
Reactions: Farsight
Sadly, Calipari.

And people need to be voting for who they think Barney will hire, not who they want.

If it’s not Cal, everyone and their brother knows it will be Drew based on the relationship alone. However, maybe he will do the consultant/committee again like he did with Cal’s hire.
The thing is I know Barney likes drew but Barney’s about done. I mean he was talking retirement a year ago. I don’t think he will have a say in the next coach. And if it is one more year with cal I’d say it will be with a new AD. Otherwise Kentuckians are getting raped by their institute of higher learning and that’s not gonna fly.

Reactions: TheDude73
Calipari, he wants his money (and I don’t blame him, would you leave $30+ million on the table)? And Mitch is too cheap to buy him out.

IMO they should both be fired.

Should have Tommy Lloyd on there. He is an option and should be considered. Also the Golden guy from Florida. Two to watch.

I wish it would be Pitino but that would require Brainfart being gone. Would give us a window to review the above.

In my heart of hearts I will say Scott Drew.

I do not see how Cal is coaching here next year.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Calipari, he wants his money (and I don’t blame him, would you leave $30+ million on the table)? And Mitch is too cheap to buy him out.

IMO they should both be fired
According to a report the 33 million can be stretched out over the length of the contract.

Reactions: WildcatFan60
I allowed myself to be hopeful and simply assume Cal is out, but voted from my least favorite choice on the list; because that’s what I consider the best case realistic scenario.

Stevens Donovan Wright? We need to add Coach K.

Those are all solid choices. Proven.

Probably have had their agents already contact Mitch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT