ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you pick as the best player to ever play at Kentucky

Issel. AD close. Dan should have been hired as coach. Could never understand why he wasn't

I gotta go Issel.

Upon Issel's retirement from the NBA in 1985, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius Erving were the only professional basketball players to have scored more career points.
You also got to consider for the last several years of Issel's career that he played on the same team with a couple of gunners named David Thompson & Alex English. There were just so many shots to go around. If Issel was on the team with only one of these players he would have probably scored another 4 or 5 points a game. Times that by 75 or 80 games a year for 4 or 5 years. Which means that Issel would have probably scored an additional 1,500 points or so for a career total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 29,000 career points.

I've never liked calling it "world champs" but it is the best players from around the world.
Then why has the USA lost in the Olympics and FIBA stuff when exceedingly good all star teams went? I realize the losses often occurred when the teams weren’t the absolute best of the NBA but they were teams made of the best second tier players-teams that would beat a nba title team. Games are played for a reason and the “best” teams don’t always win.

NBA title teams are not world champion teams and that’s a fact. People can say they’re the best and players claim world titles but those are opinions.

Then why has the USA lost in the Olympics and FIBA stuff when exceedingly good all star teams went? I realize the losses often occurred when the teams weren’t the absolute best of the NBA but they were teams made of the best second tier players-teams that would beat a nba title team. Games are played for a reason and the “best” teams don’t always win.

NBA title teams are not world champion teams and that’s a fact. People can say they’re the best and players claim world titles but those are opinions.
I think you're confused with what I'm saying. Team USA winning something doesn't mean anything as I'm referring to the NBA having the best international players from around the globe.

Rex Chapman was the best college basketball player I've ever watched (post 1978).
This is absurd. Rex was never even an all american ..in fact not even second or third team AA ...and his UK teams were underachieving disappointments that crashed and burned in tournament. And you think that's the best college player you've EVER seen? LOL

His name does not belong in this discussion.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT