ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win the title this year?

THE TEam with the most upside going into the season will take it. This team will be hummin like a fine tuned machine come tourney time. I’ll give another hint the coaches first 3 of letters of his name are c a l

They own the 8s!

We have zero "go to guys", Knox is our closest thing to it, hopefully he will have a chance to be one in March. Last year, we had 2 of them. Also, we have nobody down low. Last year we at least had Bam. We had 2 shooters last year, we have none on this year (I'm talking about 35-40% shooters). Sorry, I don't see it this year....but what do I know?
Was there a go to guy in 2012? Also, we might wind up with more shooters this year than last year.

If looking at the coaches poll Top 10, and the teams I think could win it . . .

1) Duke -- nope. We have seen better UK teams not overcome the youth and inexperience.
2) Michigan State -- Yup. This is my favorite to win it. This has to be one of Izzo's best rosters.
3) Kansas -- nope. I don't think they overcome the front court limitations, nor Self's tourney chokes.
4) UK - nope. But next year. . . .
5) Arizona - nope. Too many things swirling there, and Miller has done less with more.
6) Nova -Yup. Very experienced and talented. Final four team, imo.
7) Florida - Yup. Very experienced team and excellent backcourt. Injured up front w/ egbunu. Final Four team.
8) Witchita St. - Nope. I know they moved to American Conference but I remain biased against non Power Conference schools. Probably unfairly. I just don't think they face the same grind.
9) UNC - nope. Lost too much.
10) WVU -nope. They were really good last year, but had some weird losses. Cant do that in the tourney.

In the end, MSU.
Final answer. :)

Was there a go to guy in 2012? Also, we might wind up with more shooters this year than last year.

In 2012, we had one of the top 5 players on the planet and he was a big man (which we don't have on this year's team). Also in 2012, had the top 2 picks in the draft. Miller, Lamb, and Jones were all scores. I'm trying to be a realist. This year's team has a chance but a lot of guys have to step up their game.

untitled-2_29.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT