ADVERTISEMENT

Who we are and why we ain’t them !

Trubluepopeye

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2010
What a great win that was for us yesterday. We showed the mighty gators who the better program was and we did it with some class ! To make my. point let me ask you some Questions . Does anyone reading this who can remember when Steve Spurrier was on the sideline believe for a second that he wouldn’t have run the last score in ? Is there any chance that Urban Meyer wouldn’t have been throwing the ball or doing whatever to score another time ! Mark Stoops’ team manhandled the gators and was in position to rub it in but chose not to. As a sign of mutual respect Billy Napier didn’t use his timeouts to extend the game ! This was an acknowledgment that your teams better than mine and I appreciate you not running score up ? This is why I’m super proud of our team and coaching staff. Nowadays we have more talent and more importantly we have better classier coaches !

I really can’t say I would’ve been upset had Stoops punched it in. I generally don’t like teams and coaches running up the score just for the sake of it. But, 40-14 wouldn’t have been that big a deal. Now, if UK had been up 63-3 at that point and tried to punch it in, I would consider that running up the score.

Having said that, I was fine with what they ended up doing yesterday. My bigger issue is Stoops going conservative too early. Not necessarily yesterday, but he’s done it quite often in the past and it’s bitten them on occasion.

I really can’t say I would’ve been upset had Stoops punched it in. I generally don’t like teams and coaches running up the score just for the sake of it. But, 40-14 wouldn’t have been that big a deal. Now, if UK had been up 63-3 at that point and tried to punch it in, I would consider that running up the score.

Having said that, I was fine with what they ended up doing yesterday. My bigger issue is Stoops going conservative too early. Not necessarily yesterday, but he’s done it quite often in the past and it’s bitten them on occasion.
I don’t think Stoops will ever leave his old school roots and not play conservative in 4th quarter with lead ? The old time coach’s had the mentality that if your up 2 scores then it’s time run clock ! This does work with good Oline and running game. Napier knew Stoops took his foot off gas. That’s why he didn’t use his timeouts. That was same as waving white flag !

If Spurrier was a “guest coach”..I would say punch it in and go for 2.

Stoops is the best thing to ever happen to Kentucky football.
This includes the Bear and quite frankly its not close anymore.

We will look back at these times 20 yrs from now and yearn for them again.

Stoops has not had a Top 10 finish or an SEC Title yet.

Being (currently) 2nd only to Bear Bryant is pretty damn good, and there is at least a decade left to clearly surpass him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT