ADVERTISEMENT

Who needs Langford the most?

I think Cal has actually on Langford. Word was we were actually growing on him but I think Cal thinks there's a pretty good chance he gets either Reddish or Barrett. With Cal offering Garland too, Langford is looking less & less likely.

Reactions: 55wildcat
The article from the LHL was one of the choppier efforts I've ever read. Guess the writer was trying to be cute but he never really said exactly WHY he didn't think Langford would be at UK and he certainly didn't offer any insight.

I don't think we get him either but I expected more from a professional piece with that title.

I heard interest is fading due to lack of tuffness. If your not tuff you can't suit up for UK.. Go to Duke or IU IMO. We have better players to get IMO!

I heard on local ESPN radio affiliate here in Louisville this morning that some guy said UL has a track record of getting guards to the NBA now since Rozier and Mitchell are in the league lol. This and location were the 2 reasons they'll get Langford. Langfords a baller no doubt, but if Barrett reclasses then id prefer him. Cant go wrong with either, a few star 2G in this class.

Reactions: DTXCat
I think IU needs him most. It would be a good pick up for Archie. It'll be funny to see IU fans change their tune on OND, if Archie can can grab a few and be successful.

IU just landed 3 nobody top 100 kids that i was surprised even landed an offer from IU. They will wrap it up with Langford.

Still think Cal is in good position with RL. Lots of recruiting to do still

well if it was only between these.... the cats would be the choice, however he wont be going to the hoosiers, that place is still a mess, he wont be going to the tards because of their mess even thou everybody inside the lou city limits will argue till they are sick differently, the cats don't need him but will take him, my guess is he will go to puke as much as I hate that.

I don't know who needs him the most. But I know who needs him the least. Us. Because we will probably get either Reddish or Barrett. Who knows with the appeal of UK basketball, we might get them both.

UK needs him the least, given that UK will get a top flight recurit if he picks another school. UofL will need a lot of help at guard that year but IU needs the shot in the arm the most!!!

I would say IU needs him the most. UL & UK will keep on rolling along regardless... I can't believe IU & their fans would even want him?
They're too good for one and dones...they want guys who will stay 4 years and represent the University, get an education and be productive members of the work force and society in general.

So I say Cal & UK has got a good shot at him.

Unless you're Duke or UK, these are the type of kids that help build a program. With that said Langford is KU bound IMO.
Talked to several iu guys at the baseball regional @UK and one of them said he knew RL's dad really well that he really liked Miller...he seemed to think that iu was out until Miller was hired and he thought they would keep him in state...that said, why would any self respecting dad let his son go to that cesspool at otis!

Talked to several iu guys at the baseball regional @UK and one of them said he knew RL's dad really well that he really liked Miller...he seemed to think that iu was out until Miller was hired and he thought they would keep him in state...that said, why would any self respecting dad let his son go to that cesspool at otis!

Have heard so many different versions of it. Some say his parents liked Crean, some say they didn't. I have a hard time believing anyone but a bible thumper would like Crean. We've heard some positive news as of late of IU's chances but I'm not sold, will have 3 starters leaving, young team rebuilding, probably not the ideal situation for a one and done. Just see Kansas as a more likely destination.

Have heard so many different versions of it. Some say his parents liked Crean, some say they didn't. I have a hard time believing anyone but a bible thumper would like Crean. We've heard some positive news as of late of IU's chances but I'm not sold, will have 3 starters leaving, young team rebuilding, probably not the ideal situation for a one and done. Just see Kansas as a more likely destination.
i think IU has a real shot of getting him
i think in the end it will be between IU,Duke, UK

Really might be something to all that Adidas talk if those are truly his top 3.

I think it's more likely that we and Duke feel strong with Barrett/Reddish and are focusing there.

Reactions: Da_Bull
I heard on local ESPN radio affiliate here in Louisville this morning that some guy said UL has a track record of getting guards to the NBA now since Rozier and Mitchell are in the league lol. This and location were the 2 reasons they'll get Langford. Langfords a baller no doubt, but if Barrett reclasses then id prefer him. Cant go wrong with either, a few star 2G in this class.

How dare you forget that Peyton Siva and Russ Smith also played in the league for a year or two!

On topic though, I really don't feel like it will be that big of a deal if we miss out on Langford. He's definitely a solid player, but I truly believe that Jemarl Baker is going to be extremely productive here at UK and we won't be as SG needy as we may think. Of course, I still think we should pursue Barrett though, he's way too talented not to.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
On topic though, I really don't feel like it will be that big of a deal if we miss out on Langford. He's definitely a solid player, but I truly believe that Jemarl Baker is going to be extremely productive here at UK and we won't be as SG needy as we may think. Of course, I still think we should pursue Barrett though, he's way too talented not to.
Yeah, I'm not that big on Langford either.

Bible thumpers don't like creepy people, they pray for them.

Modesty prevents me from telling you why Langford should be a Cat. A Kentucky Wildcat!

He was bound for an addidas school anyway, they payed his parents about like they did jaylen Brown and Andrew Wiggins parents.. Tried to do the same with edrice adebayo and he done told them he was going to Kentucky and now he is signed with Nike..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT