ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the new assistant coach that is going to be announced today?

This is about as good of a guess as I can come up with. Would suspect that gives us leg up on Stojakovic and F Brandon Angel
Angel is a 6-8 240 senior. Looks like a pretty good shooter. Their leading scorer is 7-1 Maximum Raugard sp? who shot it at about 57% and averaged about 16 points.

Reactions: KAB Cats
Whoopi-Goldberg-2002.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: POPE41
I
Didn't Wayne Turner spend some time on Cals staff several years ago in that Special assistant category while finishing his degree or something or am I mistaken? did he do that at UofL under Pitino maybe? I'm confused and don't wanna look it up, LOL.
UL??? 🤔

I'm not aware of that. But if you know of something, then he's probably off the list. I was just naming former UK guys around the time of Pope who are/have been coaching.

Cmon man. You don’t remember the Evansville fiasco for McCarty right after he came to Rupp and beat cal and his all stars?
He’s in sexual misconduct lawsuits of his own

Cmon man. You don’t remember the Evansville fiasco for McCarty right after he came to Rupp and beat cal and his all stars?
He’s in sexual misconduct lawsuits of his own
Oh yeah, I do remember that now. It was not fresh on my mind. Sorry. 😀 Yeah, I don't think Pope would go there. 👍

Reactions: Jakerz
He's hiring me, Son_Of_Saul, and I'm bringing two players with me in @Cowtown Cat and @RunninRichie . RR's got a bit of an attitude, but we will channel it like we did with Liggins. Cowtown has a beer gut due to constant drinking just like Jared Prickett, but he's good for a 7 and 5 season and no improvement over the course of a five year career.

Last edited:
He's hiring me, Son_Of_Saul, and I'm bringing two players with me in @Cowtown Cat and @RunninRichie . RR's got a bit of an attitude, but we will channel it like we did with Liggins. Cowtown has a beer gut due to constant drinking just like Jared Pricket, but he's good for a 7 and 5 season and no improvement over the course of a five year career.
I have learned so much from all your expertise over the years I am certain Coach Pope can find a place for you

He's hiring me, Son_Of_Saul, and I'm bringing two players with me in @Cowtown Cat and @RunninRichie . RR's got a bit of an attitude, but we will channel it like we did with Liggins. Cowtown has a beer gut due to constant drinking just like Jared Prickett, but he's good for a 7 and 5 season and no improvement over the course of a five year career.

Bunch of weirdo's.... Geez....

Everyone is so wrong. I just got off the phone with my guy and said it’s someone who doesn’t want to leave Lexington.

Bruiser Flint.

Please don’t ban me.😁

My guess would be either Robic or Rondo. I have seen hints of a surprise/shock addition and those 2 fit that mold.
Robic would be a very interesting choice. Seems like i remember hearing they wanted someone from Cal era. Robic would check that box.

Lucas was actually trained for a year in the run go run offense. It might come in handy. *Sarcasm*

Actually he might be a good hire. Get him and Rondo (if he has calmed down) both. I do find it interesting Roach and Lucas names started floating. Could be coincidence.

• Haha
Reactions: Jkwo and EliteBlue

Would we want jai Lucas back?
Absolutely imo. Good up and comer. Known as a recruiter. And got the heck out of dodge after a season under Cal bc he saw how broken the culture was and the lack of coaching and discipline from the staff down.

That tells me he knows what right is supposed to look like and wants to strive for greatness and wasn’t willing to accept cutting corners and just kicking his feet up as a yes man and collecting a check

Everyone is so wrong. I just got off the phone with my guy and said it’s someone who doesn’t want to leave Lexington.

Bruiser Flint.

Please don’t ban me.😁

Well you’re not into the friend making business I know that much. I’m not gonna block you though, guys like you need to be watched from the front.

Orlando’s wife and daughter DO NOT want to leave Lexington I’m hearing.

I don’t think Pope hires him but could this be one of the names floating around about a coach with ties to Cal?

Reactions: WildcatNC
It’d be down for it, that could be a possibility. Might bring Roach & Mitchell
A couple other Duke kids have hit the portal that would fit our system too and maybe a few more leave. Would help a lot if we got Lucas to come back and bring some players with him

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
Scott Padgett
That would be a let down with all the hype that's built up over this addition.

I don't mind Padgett, but he's not worth a 4-5 page thread. He's just a good guy. Lucas, on the other hand, can help us against Duke in the coming days by spilling insider trade secrets with what Scheyer is doing and how he is doing it recruiting-wise.

It’d be down for it, that could be a possibility. Might bring Roach & Mitchell
Neither Roach nor Mitchell played good this year. It looked like Roach lost his confidence, had trouble shooting the ball the way he used to. Mitchell became a liability because he couldn't shoot worth a lick and people quit guarding him. Why would we want those two with all the top 3 point shooters available? Those two are ones that Cal would take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT