ADVERTISEMENT

"Who Is That Guy?"

Took Cal longer than others to accept that the game has changed …but, whatta you know …it’s looking like he’s finally getting there.

I’m just concerned that getting the three 7 footers back might coax him into returning to his old predictable methodical “big ball” ways.

I could see that, but neither Bradshaw nor Big Z are real back to the basket bigs, so I hope we avoid that issue this year.

I could see that, but neither Bradshaw nor Big Z are real back to the basket bigs, so I hope we avoid that issue this year.
Cal:
square-peg-round-hole-gif.gif.gif

Should have been playing like this for the last 10 or + years. But no, to stubborn to change. Look what Maxey, Fox, Monk, Murray, Grady, Frederick and a ton of other good players could have looked like. And the recruits he missed out on, from them not wanting to play in his antiquated system. What a shame it really is. Just glad he now has changed...

Took Cal longer than others to accept that the game has changed …but, whatta you know …it’s looking like he’s finally getting there.

I’m just concerned that getting the three 7 footers back might coax him into returning to his old predictable methodical “big ball” ways.
We will be lucky to get one of those guys

Reactions: docholiday51
Cal is on the hot seat; and he knows it.
Adjust or hit the road.
I respectfully disagree. I think Cal's seat is not only not hot, but it isn't even warm or even uncomfortable to sit in. I mean this as respectfully as possible, but I think the real world still exists. Many people love to say the same thing over and over and over again and hope it becomes the truth, but there are a lot of people that actually value truth and facts. Coach Cal's seat is not even remotely hot.

Now Coach Stoops, on the other hand...if his seat doesn't have a heating element below it...there is something wrong with it. LOL And yes, that was a joke. Coach Stoops has bought himself enough goodwill here to eff up for a very long time.

Last edited:

I'll be fine with mixing it up a bit, but if he goes all in on feeding the post, play after play after play, and the big men have no skill in passing out to the shooters, then it will be a long, long season.

I respectfully disagree. I think Cal's seat is not only not hot, but it isn't even warm or even uncomfortable to sit in. I mean this as respectfully as possible, but I think the real world still exists. Many people love to say the same thing over and over and over again and hope it becomes the truth, but there are a lot of people that actually value truth and facts. Coach Cal's seat is not even remotely hot.

Now Coach Stoops, on the other hand...if his seat doesn't have a heating element below it...there is something wrong with it. LOL And yes, that was a joke. Coach Stoops has bought himself enough goodwill here to eff up for a very long time.
We shall see about Stoops' "goodwill" in about an hour and a half...

The worst part is the way Cal recruits, if he recruited for the modern game UK would be absolutely dominant. He’s brought in numerous PGs over the last decade that can’t shoot a lick which is a killer in modern basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT