ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s Going to Gator, and What’s Your Story?

Thank God, you haven’t given up posting!!
You ain't getting rid of me that easy. I've been here since this board's inception. The boards before that as well. I still have people on here I like to talk to. Even those with a different opinion on things than I have.

You ain't getting rid of me that easy. I've been here since this board's inception. The boards before that as well. I still have people on here I like to talk to. Even those with a different opinion on things than I have.
Well, you haven’t given up on L’s down.

I gave up on Cal 5 years ago, but seldom post on the basketball forum.

Reactions: JC-3 and EKCAT4YRS
Well, you haven’t given up on L’s down.

I gave up on Cal 5 years ago, but seldom post on the basketball forum.
I don't post on either board like I used to. Mostly just in game threads and occasionally a few other threads. Tired of both coaches honestly. Hate the ridiculously long contracts for tons of guaranteed money that disincentivizes them to do better.

Cal got fat and put the players way over the program. The results showed once he signed that contract. Stoops just seemed happy to go to bowl games with his conservative play not to lose style while taking shots at the fans. Then throw in players not fulfilling their scholarship obligations in both sports and I'm at my wits end.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Nope. I have more important things to spend my money on these days. I'm sure not going to contribute to what has become of college athletics anymore. I gave up on the paid pros year ago and headed for the same with college. I haven't been to a game with a paid ticket in about 5 years. I'll only attend games if someone gave me a free ticket. I stopped buying merchandise and told others not to buy it for me a few years ago as well. I'm just barely hanging on at this point. It's hard to totally give something completely up when it's like an addiction, but I'm getting there.
You seem angry?

Support your local High School. I do and found it very enjoyable.

Reactions: JDHoss and The-Hack

Jacksonville Fri 12/29 | Day​

58°

4%
WNW 11 mph
Plentiful sunshine. High 58F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
  • Humidity58%
  • UV Index4 of 11
  • Sunrise7:22 am

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack

Jacksonville Fri 12/29 | Day​

58°

4%
WNW 11 mph
Plentiful sunshine. High 58F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
  • Humidity58%
  • UV Index4 of 11
  • Sunrise7:22 am
And very little chance of rain!!

And remember, native Southerner’s like @Freetaxreturn remind us that 58 degrees in the Deep South is warmer than 58 degrees in the upper South.

Maybe. Go to a bowl every 3 or 4 years. Live in ATL and spend a lot of time on St. Simons. If it makes sense to make 3 or 4 day trip out of it I might. I’m guessing tickets are still plentiful.

This be the one, Sobrester.

I’m feelin’ a Cat scratch beat down of the tigers!
Any tips on a good parking area?

Unfamiliar with the stadium and city. Driving up from Flagler and game time is noon. Will get an early start.

Any tips on a good parking area?

Unfamiliar with the stadium and city. Driving up from Flagler and game time is noon. Will get an early start.
Reviewing the following, it sounds like the Jacksonville Fairgrounds are less than 200 yards from the home entry gates.

“Drive-up, single game day parking is available at the gate, as long as space is available. Drive-up parking at the gate on gamedays will be $50 by cash or card.”

Had a girlfriend 20 years ago that threw that typical BS at me, “all you think about is sex.”

I thought for a second and said, “I think about football, too!” She was a football fan . . . and I scored on that line, too!
People should know Hack was 78 at this time . ........ LOL. JK you friend , GO CATS .. our tailgating buddy from Paintsville is going , I have to work this week , going to Mx in Feb .

• Haha
Late to the thread, but here goes.
My 1st bowl since Joker‘s disaster in Birmingham.
Wife is Clemson grad, and sitting on the Clemson side. I expect Blue will be spread out on both sides.
Expecting a close game and a low scoring game.

Going. Got txs today off Ticketmaster as UK has sold out their allotment.
Staying south of Jax. Want to visit St Augustine.
Took the grandkids last year and Visited St. Augustine. You won't regret it. The fort was great. And the ice cream shop across from the fort wasn't bad either. 😁

Stoops is the head coach of the team. Coen works for him. Stop trying to create divisions that do not exist.

Whose decision was it last season in the bowl against Iowa to roll with Destin Wade and then stay with him despite back to back pick 6’s? Stoops?

Which ill equipped player will we roll with this bowl game to keep them happy?

For those spending money going to the game, how confident are you that Stoops and company will actually try and win this game?

For those spending money going to the game, how confident are you that Stoops and company will actually try and win this game?
Given that Stoops has a winning record in Bowl games, and given that 2022 was a tad unique (Florida Bowls are now our norm), and given that our starters at
95% of slots are playing, I feel very good about our chances.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Given that Stoops has a winning record in Bowl games, and given that 2022 was a tad unique (Florida Bowls are now our norm), and given that our starters at
95% of slots are playing, I feel very good about our chances.

Fair enough. But I’m not talking about our chances of actually winning. I’m talking about if our coaches will actually try to win this year.

It was obvious to anyone who tuned in last season against Iowa that trying to win that game wasn’t on the forefront of our staff’s mind as evidenced by their trotting Destin Wade out there despite what was obvious to everyone about him.

In fairness, Ray Davis opting to play is reason for at least some optimism, but you’d have to be really naive to put faith in this staff to have the team ready to play this game given A). What happened last season B). Stoops committing to leaving for A&M before returning when his assistants didn’t want to leave.

In a perfect world the team and staff would be motivated to make a statement and build momentum for the offseason against a more than worthy opponent that has become a national brand. What a perfect opportunity to seize upon for the future of the program. Which is exactly why I fully expect to throw a stinker.

Again, it’s not a matter of if I believe we can win, it’s a matter of if the staff even cares to win.

I’m talking about if our coaches will actually try to win this year.
The Coaches did not control Levis’s decision not play.

And I doubt anyone else on the remaining roster have us a better chance to win than did Wade.

And I doubt anyone else on the remaining roster have us a better chance to win than did Wade.

But don’t you try to find out (if someone else on the roster would have a better chance)?

Destin Wade threw BACK-TO-BACK PIC 6’s. Shouldn’t you try to find out after that? Hell, maybe just start the second half out with someone else. But they didn’t. They kept trotting Destin out there. So say again, the Coaches were not trying to win. It was a shit-show. Absolutely pathetic. Stoops and staff have a lot to prove on Friday.

This is a weird thread to read when you have someone on ignore.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT